Unusual manager demands

Mentor

Most of us org owners are reasonable and generous...

Most certainly are. The other day I was offered a fight and whilst accepting I let the org owner know that my guy had to go back to part time training because I was low on funds. I wasn't asking for help or bitching or anything I just thought that he may want to know. The org owner immediately sent my guy 3k and said that he hoped it would help with the training.

By the way, the org and owner in question are Stampede Fighting Championship and Chris Dewing. They can be found here http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=633

And p.s.

My fighter is Bret Hatton and you can see his page here http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=36317

p.p.s.

Some sponsorship would be lovely.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its funny to have people demand crazy shit. I get a kick out of it really. If they would actually just be reasonable about things they would get farther.

I just signed a guy today and caught his manager in chat, he mentioned he was in a sub standard gym so I sent him an extra 2k and told him to get into beez nest simply because I want fighters who fight for me to get better training.

Most of us org owners are reasonable and generous and if people realized it they would get ahead a lot more.

Cheers for the plug dude :D

Ok here is the latest lame request. I had one 3-0 fighter which rejected a fight without any explanation, when i asked him why he said he wanted to train before getting into a fight (which i guess is reasonable \, simply he did not tell me that) over a month later i booked him against a 2-0 fighter with about the same amount of hype, he again rejected without any explanation, i just got pissed off and got rid of him, but sent him a message asking why he rejected the fight, here was his explanation:

"i did not want to fight someone which is weaker than my fighter" :yeahright:

I have heard all the crap excuses so far, but i do not remember hearing anyone rejecting a fight against a weaker fighter with the same hype levels :suicide_anim: I mean that is what most fighters want, easy fights against highly hyped fighters :notworthy: Damn kids

I only want fights every 6 weeks, that is realistic, as you need to train to get better, and if you fight every 3 weeks or some shit, then good for you, cause my guys will eat you alive

I haven't been playing Tycoon that long yet myself but I am already beginning to see the value in slightly extended times between my fighters current and next fight. When you first start the game you are all piss and vinegar itching to fight and fight often. I quickly got passed that newcomer feeling and I feel the same way now DIDM. I don't want to be unreasonable to the Org owners my fighters are contracted too, but at the same time I want my fighters to grow between fights. As most of you know sometimes when you have to adjust your game plan to the point that you know a 3 (or 5) round grueling battle of attrition if more than likely to occur to get the win and your fighters energy is going to be completely blown after the fight which can take up to a week of inactivity to replenish. If you are on a schedule of fighting every 3 weeks, well now you have at most 2 weeks to train and prepare for your next fight.

I'd like to ask for a bit more time between fights, but that desire is precariously balanced against my desire to step up and fight when needed for the guys that pay my salary.

OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest............i had one fighter which asked for some extra money for training (his account went under 500$) he was a 7-3 fighter and thought it would be good to give him some proper training before his next big fight, so i sent him over 2500$ to cover a months training at an Elite Gym........................4 days later he released him :huh:

Here is the latest............i had one fighter which asked for some extra money for training (his account went under 500$) he was a 7-3 fighter and thought it would be good to give him some proper training before his next big fight, so i sent him over 2500$ to cover a months training at an Elite Gym........................4 days later he released him :huh:

That does suck. I've come to realize recently that the average user doesn't understand how disheartening it is to do this to an org owner.

When you are signed to a contract, the contract is offered on the basis that the org is going to get you to fulfill the contract. Orgs have very little recourse after getting "screwed" by a manager sacking his fighter after the first match of a four fight contract with a 20k signing bonus. Now, I don't mind a manager asking if I have a problem with him sacking his fighter, but at least let me know so I can get one last fight scheduled in case no one picks up your fighter.

I might give you my opinion that you should/shouldn't sack the fighter, but I will never stop you - how can I? I'll just ask you to wait for me to send one more fight offer so I haven't completely wasted the signing bonus on 1 fight.

I've only really been playing for a couple of months, but I've started to notice that some of the managers are becoming increasingly immature.

i had a demand from Cute Girl saying that if I didn't sponsor one of their fighters that I was gay.

It did make me chuckle.

Subject: Love

As soon as I saw you, I felt there was something special between us. It was like a tingeling sensation in my lower belly.

Did you feel it to? I hope so. If you did, you can send me a sign in the form of a sponsorship of this girl:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=54002

Always yours

Cute Girl

lol :suicide_anim:

Subject: Love

As soon as I saw you, I felt there was something special between us. It was like a tingeling sensation in my lower belly.

Did you feel it to? I hope so. If you did, you can send me a sign in the form of a sponsorship of this girl:

Always yours

Cute Girl

Much nicer than the one I got. I might have given a sponsorship to her. (or him, since it's probably a 15yr kid)

Subject : Sponsorship

Hello honey. You look like a man who like girls, right? I have girls, and you have something I want, so lets do some buisness.

Sponsor her! If you are not gay of course.

/Cute Girl