Whats up with all these Universal free agents??

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing proveable with those two (IPs etc). I'd prefer just PMing people if it's something like that, because we don't want to start putting people under public suspicion.

Got it. Sorry if I stepped on someones toes. ;P

Thanks for the link to that org. I've been looking at that for about an hour and a half now and that's beyond belief. Looks like about 50 accounts over different IPs. So if you are in Rio and own a gym or anything like that, watch out tonight because you might be losing some members. In terms of people helping me find multis, please PM me if you have suspicions about people, or post like this. This is how most are found at the moment, as I'm concentrating on improvements rather than hunting people down... I guess it's time for another couple of checks to be put into place though, to try and stop it happening. I'll put an IP check on registrations - I hadn't done this before because it makes it easier to spot cheaters if they're all registered on the same IP but we'll try blocking them in the first place and see if that helps or hinders it.

Now regarding nerfing people. Either multi fighters get nerfed or they don't. I can't spend time looking at each fighter individually and deciding whether they are "too good" and need to get deleted or not because that simply takes too much time.

So it's my decision that they should not get nerfed and should be released because of the other people affected by the fighters, notably the fight orgs they are signed to. If the fighters are signed to orgs and just get deleted, that negatively affects the org owner and the org owners are what keep the game going.

99.9% of these multi fighters are no better than regular fighters within the game. Even the guys were talking about in this thread are normal. They're good but they're no better than lots of other fighters... they haven't reached their current level by anything other than training at a gym in exactly the same parameters that other people can use.

50 accounts? Holy crap, some people go to incredible lengths to cheat. It's probably less effort to just try and get good at the game at that point.

And absolutely agree on the nerfing part--we can't let individual circumstances determine whose fighters get to stay. A cheater is a cheater.

I'll put an IP check on registrations - I hadn't done this before because it makes it easier to spot cheaters if they're all registered on the same IP but we'll try blocking them in the first place and see if that helps or hinders it.

I'm all for finding and banning multis but just be careful that you don't go too heavy handed on IP filtering and get false-positives. For example I got my roommate to start playing and he's on the same router as me so we'd presumably have the same IP. Do you have any visibility towards credit card info (presumably just last 4 digits) or name on the card that people use for VIP - this would be another good check to run to catch multi VIPs.

I'm all for finding and banning multis but just be careful that you don't go too heavy handed on IP filtering and get false-positives. For example I got my roommate to start playing and he's on the same router as me so we'd presumably have the same IP. Do you have any visibility towards credit card info (presumably just last 4 digits) or name on the card that people use for VIP - this would be another good check to run to catch multi VIPs.

Yeah...your roommate! :rolleyes:

;)

There's nothing automated, so you won't get deleted in a circumstance like that.

Now regarding nerfing people. Either multi fighters get nerfed or they don't. I can't spend time looking at each fighter individually and deciding whether they are "too good" and need to get deleted or not because that simply takes too much time.

So it's my decision that they should not get nerfed and should be released because of the other people affected by the fighters, notably the fight orgs they are signed to. If the fighters are signed to orgs and just get deleted, that negatively affects the org owner and the org owners are what keep the game going.

99.9% of these multi fighters are no better than regular fighters within the game. Even the guys were talking about in this thread are normal. They're good but they're no better than lots of other fighters... they haven't reached their current level by anything other than training at a gym in exactly the same parameters that other people can use.

I can see the necessity in not nerfing these fighters (as long as they did not illegally amass their stats); however, many of these Universal fighters are signed to pitiful 1/1/1 contracts and my understanding (I don't have a fighter there) is that the new org owner refuses to release them - this should be handled immediately in some way.

I can see the necessity in not nerfing these fighters (as long as they did not illegally amass their stats); however, many of these Universal fighters are signed to pitiful 1/1/1 contracts and my understanding (I don't have a fighter there) is that the new org owner refuses to release them - this should be handled immediately in some way.

I have a guy there and emailed the "new" owner a couple of days ago about this and I still have yet to hear from him.

I have a guy there and emailed the "new" owner a couple of days ago about this and I still have yet to hear from him.

I pmd him and got released almost immediately after my fight, maybe I got lucky.

I pmd him and got released almost immediately after my fight, maybe I got lucky.

That is my plan, I got 3 guys under contract and just don't like how things went down. Hopefully I can free 2 of them this week after their fight and the other next.