List of Training Changes

Grey

I was responding to the comment edwardsfan made about it going to be interesting how fast people improve now when getting 150 sparring. I just tried to say the current sparring would have basically matched that value at low levels and clearly beat it at high levels.

that's not entirely true because the training speed has been mellowed at the higher levels. i posted the link to my fighter because my fighter is at 2600 points but spent probly 6 months of his life in a public gym. he wasnt exposed to 150 sparring his whole career like fighters of today and tomarrow are and will be

[edit] also, as fighters are pulled away from coach spamming to sparring regularly then you'll see a lot more lower class sizes to go around for everyone. that'll speed training up for everyone as well. it's just going to be faster all the way around, any way you slice it

:blink: at this being "secretive" by the way. Jesus Christ, I've posted graphs of exact numbers - how is that secretive! :D The only stuff that isn't explained in 100% detail I'm going to give you a page where you can see exactly what your triggers and tickers are.

Anyway, it's all gone a bit wambulance rather than constructive or genuine questions, so I'll leave you guys to it.

BTW, 27th was probably a bit ambitious. I'll put that back to the 27th-1st range I think. I want to do a few more days of tests.

Im 100% fine with these changes. Its been on the cards for a fair while now, id like to think my remarkable across warriors will be fairly easy to maintain at that level regardless of the changes, and if anything i suppose long term this will mean my potential competition will be less beastly, if a few guys rage-quit over it... so be it.

Those who cannot adapt become victims of Evolution.

that's not entirely true because the training speed has been mellowed at the higher levels. i posted the link to my fighter because my fighter is at 2600 points but spent probly 6 months of his life in a public gym. he wasnt exposed to 150 sparring his whole career like fighters of today and tomarrow are and will be

Not sure what training speed has been mellowed out that would change what I said? What I tried to say was that new fighters under the coming system won't really get more efficient sparring at any level compared to new fighters who were made under the current system with access to good spar bots. That new fighters after the changes will get better early training than guys made 2 years ago is a given but is true right now too.

Edit:

[edit] also, as fighters are pulled away from coach spamming to sparring regularly then you'll see a lot more lower class sizes to go around for everyone. that'll speed training up for everyone as well. it's just going to be faster all the way around, any way you slice it

I definitely agree that those who didn't have access to "perfect" training in the past will train much faster after the changes, I've never suggested they wouldn't. What I'm trying to say is that those with ideal training currently will train slower at all levels by the looks of it (and I like that).

What I'm trying to say is that those with ideal training currently will train slower at all levels by the looks of it (and I like that).

i dont know too many ppl that have a stable full of fighters that are getting ideal sparring? i dont get it. i've only got 4 sparbots. yet 11 fighters. so i've got to work them all in together which brings those sessions averages down some. so exceptional at best for me

as far as training speed at different levels. im not sure? the higher end is suppose to be faster. but the 1v1 has been tweaked down some. so i dont know for sure? im assuming that mike knows that the only way to have diversity among top level fighters is if fighters are capable of attaining those top level skills. he obviously knows that because he DID in fact mellow it out towards the top which creates the oppurtunity for fighters to go for elite. an option that really wasnt viable before. so that clue alone sets me at rest on the issue. he knows what he's doing and i believe that

:blink: at this being "secretive" by the way. Jesus Christ, I've posted graphs of exact numbers - how is that secretive! :D The only stuff that isn't explained in 100% detail I'm going to give you a page where you can see exactly what your triggers and tickers are.

Anyway, it's all gone a bit wambulance rather than constructive or genuine questions, so I'll leave you guys to it.

BTW, 27th was probably a bit ambitious. I'll put that back to the 27th-1st range I think. I want to do a few more days of tests.

i didn't say you were only secretive about this update; i said you were secretive about the game (meaning in general).

the graphs are nice and all, but i am still unsure about the 82% thing, for example. is that total skill points or 82% skill points per secondary?

Now that I have had a chance to review the changes properly, I unreservedly support and applaud the changes you are making, Mike. People are focussing way too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. The fact that a coach class size of 6 after the changes will be the equivalent of a class size of 2 now more than makes up for the skill decline nerf. I also really like the extra hiddens you are adding, the variable skill decline age and the natural affinity to certain skills or attributes. From the way the training changes list reads, it looks like it will breathe new life into public gyms, while still keeping an incentive for running a private gym.

Kudos :)

Unfortunately for you, you're in the minority on that one because most people were giving out numbers around 70-75% total. I went well above that as it is because I thought that was too low. Anyway, I'm still playing with that so we'll have to see. I don't need any input at this stage on what people think - just saying that 82% thing is subject to change still.

That's good to know man,, plz think that part well through though. :)

i didn't say you were only secretive about this update; i said you were secretive about the game (meaning in general).

the graphs are nice and all, but i am still unsure about the 82% thing, for example. is that total skill points or 82% skill points per secondary?

It says right there on the page

This point is around 80-82% / 2500 to 2600 total skill points across physicals, primaries and secondaries.

It says right there on the page

This point is around 80-82% / 2500 to 2600 total skill points across physicals, primaries and secondaries.

i think that's the majority of the problem. most likely half of the ppl that have posted havent even bothered to read the wiki.

slow to read the material.....quick to complain

i for one will still say that im absolutely amazed at the depth of the changes that you've been able to conjure up. flat out impressed i am :smile_anim:

i dont know too many ppl that have a stable full of fighters that are getting ideal sparring? i dont get it. i've only got 4 sparbots. yet 11 fighters. so i've got to work them all in together which brings those sessions averages down some. so exceptional at best for me

as far as training speed at different levels. im not sure? the higher end is suppose to be faster. but the 1v1 has been tweaked down some. so i dont know for sure? im assuming that mike knows that the only way to have diversity among top level fighters is if fighters are capable of attaining those top level skills. he obviously knows that because he DID in fact mellow it out towards the top which creates the oppurtunity for fighters to go for elite. an option that really wasnt viable before. so that clue alone sets me at rest on the issue. he knows what he's doing and i believe that

My guys haven't sparred with a partner below 145 for quite a while as far as I know (and above 140 guaranteed). It would be a bit higher if I wasn't too lazy to look for perfect spar bots to hire.

At top skill levels sparring partners will be clearly worse than they are now, maybe a boost would make the improvement equal again but specialization gets hit heavier by maintenance too so I don't think they will improve faster than now. The changes makes sparring more realistic and takes away spar bots which is a very good thing but I don't think we'll see any faster training than before for any top prospect.

[edit] nevermind. what i said was not even worth talking about and would only start a debate that we cant answer. you may be right and i may be wrong

Yea, one thing that's a guarantee with the changes is that newcomers will get much better training.

I got lucky and was able to pick up some quality free agents for about half of my 10-fighter stable, but I'm right inbetween dirt-poor noob and being able to afford the high-end training, so my created fighters sort of get left in less-than-ideal gym circumstances because while I get a decent amount from my veteran free agents, it's not the sort of money that some other people are rolling around in...all my created fighters are making progress and have fights under their belt or coming up, but their progress is nowhere near the same as someone that can toss thousands of dollars into private training with spar bots and private gyms.

I don't think people with lots of cash need to come down to the level of starting managers, but it's a TREMEMDOUS gap that exists, and I think it ends up being a deterrent from people really applying themselves to the game, esp. when public gyms are so devalued.

I got to page 4. J666 I totally agree with what you are trying to say. Some managers build fighters with strong primaries and some with strong secondaries. I think these changes are fucking me.

That said, I think the changes are great for the game and I have been expecting some variation of these for at least the last year and a half RL. Mike you really did a fantastic job with these as I have already told you. I look forward to the new challenge.

well a day is a long time in mmatycoon and i have had time to digest all the changes , I DONT LIKE THEM

i think when i first started playing this game there were 10,000 active users , now there are 8,000 , how many of these pay to play

because like it or not the pay to play users pay for the game.

this is always going to be an issue , think for a momment who the changes benifit the most?

is it the players that have done two years game time ? or the non vip who has been playing for two months?

i am sorry but i feel it has to be said out loud.

who are the changes handcapping? answer you pay to play managers ,who are benifiting , answer your free players.

THIS IS WRONG if i get flamed who cares?but at least i say what i think.

just because a manager has been playing for a few years and has money to train his fighters to higher levels than a new manager isnt wrong?

you can all sit and agree with these changes if you wish but in effect , the hardcore players will stay and overcome ,and still pay to play

when the non paying players will prosper

mike i am sorry if this offends you but there are a lot more broken things that need sorting , this wont bring in new players , it will make paying players think fook this its not worth it.

moving the goalposts is one thing but changing the whole venue is somthing else.

if your a manager ranked outside the top 200 hundred go ahead flame me i realy dont give a shit ,as these changes benifit you!

but one day you just might get the top 100 managers badge , and then you may feel diffrent

i dont want to offend anyone but i wont eat shit layting down either

• Upvote 3

i think that's the majority of the problem. most likely half of the ppl that have posted havent even bothered to read the wiki.

slow to read the material.....quick to complain

i for one will still say that im absolutely amazed at the depth of the changes that you've been able to conjure up. flat out impressed i am :smile_anim:

If you had told me this post was gong to be made 18 months ago by EF I wouldn't have believed it. :)

if your a manager ranked outside the top 200 hundred go ahead flame me i realy dont give a shit ,as these changes benifit you!

but one day you just might get the top 100 managers badge , and then you may feel diffrent.

I am in the top 200 and have my top 100 badge. I do have my worries that can only be alleviated by experiencing the changes 1st hand, but I have gone over the wiki updates more times than I care to count. Mike did what looks to be a great job keeping things realistic and fair. The established guys will not suddenly lose their beasts. They will just need to diversify their training or take fights more often than every 3 months. Over all it is clear Mike put a ton of thought into every change and is now testing and re-testing all the updates. Once I had the time to take it all in most my fears were gone and it looks like a really good update.