New system for cutting weight | More variety

sergio

New system for cutting weight:  

26 members have voted

1. 1. With a bigger cut weight. What do you value more ?

• The strength. Weighing 195 pounds, fighting fighters 170 pounds, I would have a big advantage in strength, control and a little more knockout power.
    • The speed. Weighing 170 pounds fighting guys 20lbs heavier, I could be faster and strike more easily.
    • I think to weigh 185 pounds . If I fight guys 170 pounds, would be stronger and bigger and would not be so slow. If you fight guys 195 pounds, I would be faster and would have enough power to face it.

WEIGHT CLASS:

• 135 = 061.2 Kg | Bantam Weight
  • 145 = 065.7 Kg | Feather Weight
  • 155 = 070.3 Kg | Light Weight
  • 170 = 077.1 Kg | Welter Weight
  • 185 = 083.9 Kg | Middle Weight
  • 205 = 093.0 Kg | Light Heavy Weight
  • 265 = 120.2 Kg | Heavy Weight

-------------

Max cutting weight ( currently ):

• 148 = 067.1 Kg | 013lbs = 05.9 Kg Bantam Weight
  • 159 = 072.1 Kg | 014lbs = 06.3 Kg Feather Weight
  • 171 = 077.5 Kg | 016lbs = 07.2 Kg Light Weight
  • 187 = 084.8 Kg | 017lbs = 07.7 Kg Welter Weight
  • 204 = 092.5 Kg | 019lbs = 08.6 Kg Middle Weight
  • 226 = 102.5 Kg | 021lbs = 09.5 Kg Light Heavy Weight
  • 292 = 132.4 Kg | 027lbs = 12.2 Kg Heavy Weight

--------------

New System of Cutting Weight ( Max ):

• 155 = 070.3 Kg | 020 = 09.0 Kg Bantam Weight
  • 173 = 078.5 Kg | 023 = 10.4 Kg Feather Weight
  • 180 = 081.6 Kg | 025 = 11.3 Kg Light Weight
  • 200 = 090.7 Kg | 030 = 13.6 Kg Welter Weight
  • 220 = 099.7 Kg | 035 = 15.8 Kg Middle Weight
  • 245 = 111.1 Kg | 040 = 18.1 Kg Light Heavy Weight
  • 310 = 140.6 Kg | 045 = 20.4 Kg Heavy Weight

This is a new system of weight, with a more realistic way to separate the natural weight of the fighters.Today in MMA, we see about 65% of fighters cutting 10 to 15 pounds. Approximately 10% fighting with your natural weight within the category. And the other 25% cut of 20 pounds or more. We have great examples in all categories.
Examples:

Bantam weight ( 135 lbs ):

Urijah Faber:
Height: 168cm
Natural Weight: 150/155lbs

Faber said to weigh 155 pounds naturally in an interview before a fight.

Feather Weight:

Jose Aldo:
Height: 171cm
Natural Weight: 166lbs

I am Brazilian and has trained with Aldo. He stands with 75/76kg (165/167lbs)

Light Weight:

Clay Guida:
Height: 170cm
Natural Weight: 179lbs

I do not remember exactly where I saw it.

Among other ...
This system would be done as follows :

As already exist in the game, he will not need supplements to cut weight fast or something. The fighter will automatically cut the weight at the time of weighing.
Who can cut so much weight? Who is lucky.
In this system of cutting weight, the fighters cut weight as well as the current system.

Examples:

Currently: Fighter X, you can fight to 170lbs weighing 187lbs.

With this system, the maximum natural weight fighter X can vary between 187lbs and 200lbs.

As in reality, not all fighters can cut that much weight.

If your fighter is lucky, can get up to 170lbs to fight, weighing 195/200 lbs.

But do not worry if your fighter is very unlucky, the maximum weight that he will, will be the maximum current cutting weight (187lbs).

" Your fighter will bulk back up to their original weight come fight time. This will give him the benefits you would expect of being larger (stronger etc), but if he has cut a LOT of weight, he will be drained. He will have less energy come fight time and due to the loss of fluid around his brain during weight cutting, he may also be easier to knock out. In short, it is a delicate balancing act. " - Text by Mike Tycoon in Wiki of Cutting Weight .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

http://api.ning.com/files/qqgeSDS7OBci2dSiVyNequdVwTFDOoM6GMv8x2Ol12ff30p1UKTDZNPcNGKPYaRsi6hyiQC-XuKr95gy6eBnK1WxlfsKkmvz/bj2.jpg

BJ Penn:

Height: 175cm

Natural Weight: 170lbs

Advantages:

+ Tendency to be faster

+ Tendency to have more agility

+ Tendency to be less exhausted

Disadvantages:

- Strenght

- muscle explosion

- Control in some positions fighting

http://http//www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail_crop/600/_images/pictures/20090920112157_IMG_8091.JPG

Josh Koscheck:

Natural Weight: 187lbs

Advantages:

+ Good muscle explosion

+ Good speed and agility

+ Physically strong to fight anyone in the weight category

Disadvantages:

- It has a tendency to be somewhat slower than the 170lbs fighters

- It has a tendency to be somewhat weaker than the 200lbs fighters

http://http//i127.photobucket.com/albums/p147/daflash25/matthughes2.jpg

Matt Hughes:

Natural Weight: 198lbs

Advantages:

+ Very strong for the weight class

+ More control in many aspects of the fight

+ Tendency to have more knockout power

+ Extremely high muscle explosion

Disadvantages:

- Tendency to be slow

- Small tendency to tire more quickly

• Upvote 3

• 9 months later...

Dude no offence but using Penn as an example of not cutting weight gives you more cardio ain't a great idea. He is notorious for being out of shape. Easiest way to put it.

Edgar - 155 Natural.

+ Very Fast

+ Endless Cardio

Cerrone - 165 or something i heard.

+ Fast

+ Hits quite hard

+ Great Cardio

Grey Maynard

+ Strong

+ Hits very hard

- No cardio

My problem with your method is that it is far too complex. You give your guy that strength boost and cardio drop. His strength boost will still be there even if he has no cardio. So he will still hit like a mule and be able to control you easy when in real life that is not the case. Edgar and Grey fought and as time wore on Edgar looked stronger and could control Grey even more. In the third fight he finished Grey with a punch combo.

What you want is already in place. If you cut a lot of weight you have not so much cardio but you do hit harder. Smaller you are the faster you are and you don't gas as easy.

• Upvote 1

What you want is already in place. If you cut a lot of weight you have not so much cardio but you do hit harder. Smaller you are the faster you are and you don't gas as easy.

Yeah, but it would only exagerate that aspect of the game. I like his idea. We could have some Tibau's out there. :D

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It's true! I love this idea, simply because it will cause a greater variation in cutting weight.

Some fighters who fight to 155lbs, could weigh no more than 171lbs, 180lbs to others! That would be interesting in fights. See how a small guy (158lbs, 155lbs fighting to) fight a guy from 180lbs to 155lbs to fight.

And it exists in real MMA. We see this a lot in the UFC. Remember when BJ Penn faced George St. Pierre the first time?

BJ Penn: 1.75 m - 168lbs

GSP: 1.80m - 190lbs

---

or when Frankie Edgar fought Ben Henderson:

Edgar: 1.68 m - 158lbs

Henderson: 1.76 m - 179lbs

• Upvote 1

The negative of this is that all current fighters are based upon the original weight cutting. This change will mean that a lot of them will need to gain weight to meet the new maximums (especially those which want to focus more on speed). To be honest i can see where you are coming from, however there is no exact problem with the current system, simply your system offers something new.

An easier solution? Keep the current max weight cuts AND STILL impliment what you are saying. That way fighters wont need to adjust their weights (unless they want to become a power puncher which means lowering their current walking weight)

• Upvote 1

Cerrone - 165 or something i heard.

+ Fast

+ Hits quite hard

+ Great Cardio

I thought Cerrone's cardio looked like shit againt Nate Diaz, but Edgar's a great example.

Not sayin Cerrone doesn't have decent cardio, but it's not on Edgar's level... and I think he gassed vs Diaz because he got amped up in the beginning and just blew through the gas tank quick.

Edited by CKeppelrun

Supp Companies should be able to assist in weight cutting or something, partially through sponsorships or something perhaps..

Also, Maynard has good cardio -- he gassed against Edgar because he threw a shitload of punches and went headhunting.

The idea is more or less it. Currently all fighters can have the same weight, just depends on your cardio. With this update, each fighter would cut his own weight. Currently all the fighters who have Cardio Elite and intend to fight to 170lbs, can weigh up to 187lbs. With this update, this would change. Some might weigh a maximum of 187lbs. Others weigh 192lbs and others could be even 200lbs. Can you understand my idea?

As an example I posed:

There are fighters who hate cutting weight and even fail to cut much weight. While other fighters like Thiago Alves (UFC Welter weight) weighed in 215lbs and OFF when it came time to fight, he weighed between 198/202lbs.

Cutting weight with this novelty, would vary.

It will be interesting to see a 174lbs fighter, fighting in the category, 170lbs up against a guy of great weighing 198lbs.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of weight cutting, I think if a guy misses weight by up to 5 lbs, he should lose 20% of his fight salary to his opponent and the fight should continue as booked. This is what happens in real life, plus it would reduce NCs. To prevent people from abusing the ability to go into fights overweight, a multiple offender could receive additional fines or "no training" suspensions from the Tycoon Fight Commission.

• Upvote 1

I think it should be a Hidden, in which at design time, you can not choose. It comes in "luck".

Your fighter you've created with 200lbs, can cut up to 184lbs or up to 170lbs.

And for fighters that already exist, there is a "roulette wheel" logo when you login for the first time after updating the game. This roulette, decided to cut as he can.

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...