The League of Leagues

it's nothing against boxing...even tho i hate boxing lol. it's the fact that it clearly says in the creation screen to NOT name your fighter a real life fighter name. not to mention, even if it DIDN'T say that, it would still be stupid to. go find a damn name generator in google and come up with sumthin new.

edit: okay...maybe he's talkin' JUST the team names? but even that sucks, so again...no.

Man I really hope to get some fights vs some of the hardcore managers. It would be awesome to try my luck vs some of the most respected (and disrespected) managers in the game. It honestly feels like almost anyone could win this one. Cant wait to create my guy....=)

Man I really hope to get some fights vs some of the hardcore managers. It would be awesome to try my luck vs some of the most respected (and disrespected) managers in the game. It honestly feels like almost anyone could win this one. Cant wait to create my guy....=)

Yeah. It is time for new great managers to be known. :)))))

I hope I am one of them!

Yeah guys, I honestly believe EVERYONE in this tournament has just about an equal chance to win the whole thing. This is an awesome opportunity to earn a ton of money, get recognized and most importantly have fun. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm expecting my fighter to end up with a horrid injury hidden, and no chin. :wheelchair:

I hope you get in, Rayden. You are the fucking MAN. :notworthy:

Hope so as well, won't be as much fun without Rayden.

Hell, get me 19 more sign-ups and I will fucking make it 80 people over 2 orgs. I'll need those sign-ups before the 4th though.

Btw, dunno if you guys saw qualifiers for the next round but...

- At the end of the group stage, the top three fighters from each league will advance. This will be based on total points for all the fighters. In case of a tie, the winner will be decided on the bases of things (in the following order): Wins, Head-to-Head Record, Fastest Finish (in the tournament, thanks to the EPL for this tiebreak idea). In the off chance that they are magically even in all these categories, things will be decided on a fight between the two of them. If someone they end up drawing that fight, I shall toss a coin to see who goes on, most probably after punching my computer screen in frustration. In total, we will have 18 fighters qualifying by this method. These fighters will get a one week break before the next round of the tournament.

- 2 more fighters from the unqualified ones will be selected by me. This will be based on my own opinions and will factor in a variety of factors like: performances, hype/pop, activity (on the forums), etc. So hell, if there is a fighter who constantly posts interviews and makes this tournament fun, I'd be likely to pick him. The other 2 fighters will be picked from a poll on the forums. This poll will start being conducted a week before the final result of the tournament. These 4 fighters will be fight for a spot in the final 20.

Wanted to get thoughts on this. I really like the second thing as this will help if someone drops out after going say 0-5 and a replacement comes in and goes 4-0. It'll get the replacement get in even though their overall record might be "4-5" according to the league. My first pick for my two picks will be standout substitutes.

Okay, so initially I limited it to 60 to be able to fit it all into one org with 3 events a week. Apparently DR will make the losses big enough to not come close to covering the prize pool so we're going to go with the original plan for 2 orgs.

So, in essence, we can fit 64 fighters. There's 3 spots open. Hurry up.

Also, if we hit 72 or 80 before the 4th, we can include those guys as well.

Edit: If someone wants to own the org or simply help running it by being an employee on it, please message me. Btw, events will be split across the days so we'll have events on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. One group will only fight on the same day each week though, so each fight will be exactly one week apart.

Btw if you guys have any free fighters end march -> april pm me. we'll be looking to put some guys as ME/CME for the first 3-4 weeks of the tournament.

any spots left? the list says 63, dont know if thats up to date, i'd join this if theres a spot open, otherwise i can fill a spot if someone wusses out

I'll tell you soon. There's a guy who told me he's interested via PM so he gets priority if he meant he wishes to sign-up. Otherwise, you get the last spot!

i voted no, but i don't feel that strongly about it one way or another. since it's a round robin format it doesn't matter all the much. perhaps you could just let us know the groups, but not reveal the matchups until all the fighters are created?

That's actually me being a bit lazy. I've set up this epic spreadsheet with all the groups / pairings and what-not in it on google docs and I don't really want to sit and hide part of it and reveal part of it etc :P

If people want this though, I can change the poll to reflect this as an option and do it.

I voted I don't care. I'll be doing well to create a competitive fighter of my own let alone scout everyone else. I'm just going to make the best fighter I can and go from there.

Start a "fight alternate" list soon?

That's the plan.

Good thing is, I have systems set up that will allow alternates a good shot at qualifying too (even if they join late in the tournament)!

Also, anyone want to design some trophies for the awards?

PS: Anyone looking to earn some money. Opening up a private gym in LA should you lots of people who want space!