I Guess I'll Point This Out...

What happens to the current coaches in our gyms? Does the graph only represent sparring? Sorry I'm lazy reading the wiki. :P

Topo: As I understand it, it represent coached sessions not sparring.

Toejam: Firs line on page reads: "Just writing this up initially, if you happen to stumble across it... this will become active when it's posted on the spoiler page".

/ZZ

Right now catching up is next to impossible, so "just as easily" translates to "never". Not to mention that the changes - as described - make sitting on elite primaries/secondaries easier but make it harder to actually get them so if anything it makes the catching up harder (slower high end training + weaker maintenance is basically going the exact opposite direction as the ones who benefit the most are the already triple elite guys).

Yup, it's a very tricky situation. People don't like tickers so I'm trying to minimise them but that creates other problems. I think another possible solution is to make tickers more weighted towards the opposing skills part, as well as more age based. That way you can have more specialities without the need to worry about the maintenance. As it is, it just seems like people are defeating the object of the system. Honestly, I'll probably try and get rid of the system all together but this is just something to make it less of an issue, in the meantime.

• Upvote 1

Yup, it's a very tricky situation. People don't like tickers so I'm trying to minimise them but that creates other problems. I think another possible solution is to make tickers more weighted towards the opposing skills part, as well as more age based. That way you can have more specialities without the need to worry about the maintenance. As it is, it just seems like people are defeating the object of the system. Honestly, I'll probably try and get rid of the system all together but this is just something to make it less of an issue, in the meantime.

Ahh dont rush the changes Mike. Tickers are still good, might be better with "weighted towards opposing" and "more aged based".

/ZZ

• Downvote 1

This game is pretty much still in its infancy, though, so people have had the opportunity to see this work through the cycle. One would hope that they would understand better the benefits of maintenance and skill decline once they have seen the end-to-end process take shape.

Having said that, altering the maintenance weighting may not necessarily be such a bad thing. The key factors (in my view) would then be age (has to be up there), history of injuries (surely has to be a significant part of the equation, when talking about fighter decay), and opposing skills as well has to be included, although I think it is the least important of these three points.

• Upvote 2

I think that maintenance is a good concept, it's just that plenty of other poeple don't agree with that and find it too much hassle. There's nothing I can do about that. Anyway, the other changes are totally unrelated to the maintenance issue, so we can press on with them regardless and make the maintenance tweak to see if it's any better.

• Upvote 2

I haven't sorted out the actual numbers yet Xyel but I would hope that it wouldn't make any difference because you won't have to worry about maintenance, so ultimately with less / no losses, you'll get to the same place.

Is there a day we will see the tickers removed?

honestly it take too much time, there no points to create new stuff if we won't use it because of tickers.

Yea, especially when the super-veteran managers happen to be the far strongest interest group. Well, wish you good luck with the major changes and hope I will stay around long enough to see them.

I think that maintenance is a good concept, it's just that plenty of other poeple don't agree with that and find it too much hassle. There's nothing I can do about that. Anyway, the other changes are totally unrelated to the maintenance issue, so we can press on with them regardless and make the maintenance tweak to see if it's any better.

To be honest I hate them, in their current form, as well - they dont deliver any results (quad sens fighters are happily becoming triple elites) so they really are just nuissance with no benefit.

• Downvote 2

Well I dont think guys should be able to fight forever, you dont want to see a 45 year old who is just as good as he was when he was 27....

Mike, realisticlly as a guy gets worse, what get worse? Usually intangibles like we saw with chuck liddel (chin) or someones heart maybe as they just don't have the same drive

And also physicals.. They lose speed, and strength and cardio etccccc.... I don't see how you would ever lose a skill. MR. Myagi was just as skilled when he was teaching the karate as he was when he was 30 imo if not more, but he was just older so he didnt have the physical ability. (Just a random example)

So maybe, have tickers only work towards physicals. But not just age based, just make it harder as you get example.

What I mean is, Say your 24, and you start going to the gym your bench max is 150 pounds, you go dedicated for 3 years and get your bench up to 400 pounds. Say you went from Competent to Elite Strength. If you stop benching, its going to drop, however you will never drop back down to 150 pounds, well at least it was take years to fall that low again.

So maybe have cap limits. If your 24 and reach elite strength, the worse you can fall too is Exceptional. Now say your fighter is 34, maybe you would put another cap were the max strength he can reach is sensational... etc... So it would be adjustable caps.

So as you get older your caps drop as you begin your decline because your just turning into an elder.

Secondly, (which i think is alrdy added) Hiddens get worse, as I mentioned with liddel and what not.

So I think this is the best way, equations would have to be come up with and random draws and what not to decide just how someone will decline. Some guys will be 50 and still be jacked (Hershall Walker) other will turn into little skinny bitches (Brett Hart), but I think the best way is declining hiddens and physicals, that are based on multiple things as well as adjustable caps that can be put on the skills as a guy gets older.

Another Example, Say at 22 If you reach Elite Strength the cap to fall is sensational, at 24 exceptional, at 26 wonderful, at 28 remarkable, at 30 the Max is sensational and you can fall to superb, at 32 max is sensation and you can fall to strong, at 34 max is exceptional and you can fall to proficient etc..

You can argue about chins all you want. Look at Dan Hendo hes been in the wars and has never been knocked out and he isn't exactly a young pup. Wandy Silva people say his chin got old? i dont think it was there to begin with. Chuck was caught by Evans it was a bomb that would have sent most people in that division to sleep. Shogun just dominated him and ofcourse the franklin fight he got caught again right on the button same with the rampage fight. Its just your luck if you get caught on the button or not.

I don't think thats the case. Their chins got bad due to age but there is a little more to it than that. Speed is also a factor. Guys get hit cleaner than they did when younger and more often. But it is clear then chin has declined also. There are tons of examples like Tank, Ken Shamrock, Chuck, Couture, Pulver, Hughes, etc. Even when fighting guys who aged with them and speed is t really a factor these guys go out in a way they never have before. It's kind of a prove. Fact that taking lots of punches over your career will damage your brain. Kind of silly to think these guys chins are not getting worse as thief career advances especially when you see the results first hand that support the theory.

IMO I would take out tickers. It was a realistic idea but just requires to much work and takes some fun out of the game. I feel there is another way to do it as mention before. To limit skills make learning hit a wall at a given age. Make that age a random hidden that is different for everyone. To decline fighters just decline the physicals and hiddens like someone mentioned. In real like you don't lose the skill/techniques you just lose ability to do them as fast and power as someone younger and you are not as durable as u used to be. The. Once they can no longer hang physically but have the skills then can be moved over to being a coach.

would be horrible to not make hiddens decline, because u can't see them.

in the stupid idea let's put real life injuries to make the game completly shitty.

That's dumb. You would be able to see them. Just like real life if you are in your mid 30's or later and you start to get KOed you might want to hang it up. But just like real like the fighters tell themselves they just got caught and are not getting old and try to keep fighting. But the decline shouldn't start until around 30 years old with the decline being more rapid for some more than others.

That's dumb. You would be able to see them. Just like real life if you are in your mid 30's or later and you start to get KOed you might want to hang it up. But just like real like the fighters tell themselves they just got caught and are not getting old and try to keep fighting. But the decline shouldn't start until around 30 years old with the decline being more rapid for some more than others.

You don't see ur hiddens, so you would not see them decline period.

That's why it's called "hiddens".