Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

So if you were at 80% and trained boxing for example, the skills you gained in boxing would just come off a spread of the skills you trained longest ago. So if it was a while since you trained leg kicks, the points would come off leg kicks and be put onto boxing. We could either do it really basic like that, or spread it across a few skills you hadn't trained for a while. The latter option would be my preference. Essentially this is using tickers behind the scenes to see what to take the skills off, but will only take any skills off, when you train something else.

Not done reading the ticker info. BUt i really love this idea. It creates the training realism i have always wanted in the game. what this does is it not only caps the skill. But it also allows you to specifically trained and adjust to different style fighters. IF i need more boxing and less BJJ for a fight i can train everything but BJJ and points will start to be taken from BJJ. I can then go back and add BJJ if i need it in a later fight.

What i would suggest to make this a simpler and realisitc process is to be allowed to set your preference. Rather than point coming off the last thing you trained and having no idea what that skill would be and no real way to control it. How about having a priority list kind of like the aptitudes. Have the 4 primary skills with a box to tic. One fight i can tic BJJ as my lowest priority. Then maybe the next fight i can tic Wrestling as my last priority. That way we can control what we neglect/sacrifice like you would in a real training camp IRL. This is a better option that having to train every other style just to be sure we know where our points will be taken from.

• Upvote 2

Here's my quick fix:

- Use the injury hidden as a way to push fighters into retirement through declining skill and reduced fight performances

- Keep the skills as they are now, don't add anything new

- Remove current tickers

- Implement the "behind the scenes" ticker system with a random skill "cap" based on fighter's Intelligence hidden

- Increase the training speed from Useless to Wonderful

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

What i would suggest to make this a simpler and realisitc process is to be allowed to set your preference. Rather than point coming off the last thing you trained and having no idea what that skill would be and no real way to control it. How about having a priority list kind of like the aptitudes. Have the 4 primary skills with a box to tic. One fight i can tic BJJ as my lowest priority. Then maybe the next fight i can tic Wrestling as my last priority. That way we can control what we neglect/sacrifice like you would in a real training camp IRL. This is a better option that having to train every other style just to be sure we know where our points will be taken from.

This is cool... I like this

Not done reading the ticker info. BUt i really love this idea. It creates the training realism i have always wanted in the game. what this does is it not only caps the skill. But it also allows you to specifically trained and adjust to different style fighters. IF i need more boxing and less BJJ for a fight i can train everything but BJJ and points will start to be taken from BJJ. I can then go back and add BJJ if i need it in a later fight.

Quite like this idea

i like the idea of making the primaries more vague. give them a more broad description like the bjj system.

i like the idea of a public view and a private view of fighters skills.

private view, you, the manager, sees the fighters actual skill.

public view, you, the opponent, sees the highest skill the fighter has ever obtained (not counting boost). even if skills decline, they still maintain the perception that they were as good as they ever were.

I like this idea. It would make scouting a fight more important. Perhaps scouting companies could even be a new company type, I dunno. Something to pay for. Pay to "watch tape" and maybe something about your opponent will be revealed. The more you pay, the more that gets revealed. Maybe Sundays can be used for scouting days. Every Sunday you can do 2 scouting options. Just throwing out a general idea.

• Upvote 1

So the problem on the ground is that we want strikes to be forced to put points on the ground to spread things out more without forcing ground guys to invest already more points then they already do.

So what about this then, Instead of adding a skill like scrambeling or such why not just change submission offens. Rename it Submission technique instead. Now separate Def grappeling from submission defence. So Def grappeling will be only for positoning on the ground. This way you dont force ground guys to spend more points on a thing as they probably will still have submission in their arsenal but standup fighters will need to invest in this. As now a few points in submissions helps to defend submissions but you don't really need that high levels to defend good.

Question is tho. Should gnp defence still be linked to Def grap? as I see it what you do when defending gnp is move around or hold your opponant = changing positions.

While submission defence requiers knowlage of that technique to be able to defend it. A triangle choke defence is not the same as kimura defence. So By moving the defensive part of a submission from defensive grappeling to submission offensiv (rename it to submission technique) Strikers will be needing to spend points in this area. IF they just try and change position and don't have spent points in submission technique they expose things like neck and limbs which will make them easier to submit.

• Upvote 1

I like this idea. It would make scouting a fight more important. Perhaps scouting companies could even be a new company type, I dunno. Something to pay for. Pay to "watch tape" and maybe something about your opponent will be revealed. The more you pay, the more that gets revealed. Maybe Sundays can be used for scouting days. Every Sunday you can do 2 scouting options. Just throwing out a general idea.

I do not like the idea of giving the guy with the most money and advantage. Especially since they already have enough advantages. Like access to better gyms.

Just a quick note that I'm up to date reading the whole thread. Please feel free to keep discussing and I'm keeping out of it to see what develops without my input.

I'll implement the quick fix bit in the next few days though not sure what level to set it at. 75%?

What's the quick fix again? :D

Patch

Tickers only apply at or above 80%* total skill or 120 points out of 150. Below that you can do what you like. This has programmed in an age factor so as you get older, past your age deterioration point, the level drops down by a couple of points per year. So if you are 5 years past your age deterioration point, the tickers would kick in at 110. This is programmed and ready to go if you're cool with it.

I assume that's what he's talking about...

Just a quick note that I'm up to date reading the whole thread. Please feel free to keep discussing and I'm keeping out of it to see what develops without my input.

I'll implement the quick fix bit in the next few days though not sure what level to set it at. 75%?

Isn't 75% where it was set now gradually getting worse the further over 75% you are?

don't recall anyone mentioning 75%... i think that's fairly low, specially for a patch!... imho, 80% (your original proposal) seems to be a better number to level set.

• Upvote 2

don't recall anyone mentioning 75%... i think that's fairly low, specially for a patch!... imho, 80% (your original proposal) seems to be a better number to level set.

I mentioned 75%. The closer you get to 50%, the more fighter diversity you will have. Especially when you consider the points need to be spread among 3 different categories

Here's my quick fix:

- Use the injury hidden as a way to push fighters into retirement through declining skill and reduced fight performances

- Remove current tickers

- Implement the "behind the scenes" ticker system with a random skill "cap" based on fighter's Intelligence hidden

i agree with all of this.

i like that injuries would play a factor in the life span of a fighter. in my opinion, hidden skills should decline and fighting skills should decline, but be kept private only for the manager to see.

i dont think that there needs to be any new skills added. if there is, then it definately needs to be added to the standup. definately not the ground. how it makes sense to add more ground skills i will never know? if the problem is there are currently more ground skills than standup, i have a hard time understanding how adding MORE ground skills could do anything other than create more issues?

remove tickers? hell yes. will be a good day

like the idea of behind the scenes skill caps. the hidden aspect of the game is what made the game great

increase the training speed from useless to wonderful. i find it hard to expect new players to ever become addicted to the game like they did in the early days of the game. the game is much harder to get into now because you start out so far behind the better fighters and it takes over a real life year to get close to the better guys. nobodies going to wait that long. the funnest time i've ever had training in this game was early on when cardio and strength trained fast and useless to feeble was really fast.

in the end, faster training and quicker fighter turnover is something that i personally believe would make the game considerably more fun.

• Upvote 2

85% is better or you need to dont count skills under wonderful because they don't count.

Just remove tickers even without decrease it will be better than ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Isn't 75% where it was set now gradually getting worse the further over 75% you are?

I think he means for each individual skill though Stu. So if all your physicals are at 74% then you won't have a skills drop in any of them to where right now it's an overall percentage. So people can have 40% physicals and get a skills drop in some physicals. Not sure if I'm understanding it right, but I think that's what he's getting at. Then any individual skill above 75% will have tickers.

Here's my quick fix:

- Remove current tickers

Much better than the quick fix.

It may well be but the quick fix is about 10 lines of code and that's about 1000 and wouldn't be much quicker than the proper solution we'll be doing :)

Quite a lot of talk since you last commented Michael, where do you stand on the current ideas now to replace tickers?

Seems to almost be a bit of a split regarding adding skills, I still think they are a good idea, largely because it helps to freshen things up a little.

Might be worth either yourself or somoene knowledeable perhaps posting an example of how a fighter might look before the changes and after the changes with the new skills added to see whether or not they are likely to make it easier for ground guys or harder.

I still think if you are forcing strikers to add extra ground skills then it would be a good thing. There is of course the argument that grapplers would need them too but perhaps with strikers having to round out a little more, the grapplers wouldn't need so many points in the standup game so it would balance out.

It may well be but the quick fix is about 10 lines of code and that's about 1000 and wouldn't be much quicker than the proper solution we'll be doing :)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c361/willworldwide/just_do_it.png