Check this anti gun bullshit out.

You were asked where you store your gun, which unless you do the nightmare of a routine that skull does, leaves you open to being called out in the next post. Chances are you either lock it up safely, or keep it readily available (which makes it also available to others, such as children).

PBR, how come every single link you posts basically has the message "Look at how these wonderful guns protected someone against....well guns?". You know if that other guy couldn't just get a gun willy nilly then he probably wouldn't have one? Gangs will always be able to get guns, but if you could do 5 years inside just for possession then you can be damn sure people aren't risking getting caught with one in an alley on the street. You wouldn't get as many hold ups for someone's property with a gun because the reward is barely worth the risk. The only people who believe it would be would be your desperate junkies, but how many junkies have an inside connection and the money to buy a highly illegal weapon in an outlawed or heavily gun controlled area?

i was serious on the 3 guns and where they are at and loaded at all times, and yes my 5 yr old niece is here everyday for most of the day -- but she has been taught on guns and she never touches or gets close to them without my ok which is only at the range -- she has shot my ar15 (22lr) (which its really hers) as i bought it for her to learn with but she will not touch any guns unless we tell her its okay, even at 5 she is responsible and knows guns can be deadly -- again though its how you are raised with respect for things or not -- on your could do 5 yrs for a gun, heck they can do 5 yrs or more just for the robbery but doesnt stop them at all -- i agreed long long time ago in this thread that if wasn't no guns period then yes everyone would be safer from gun violence -- but that's not the case and never will be in today's america -- uk, australia and others that banned guns had no where even close to the amount of guns here -- not to mention now days you can build your own gun with a simple $200 3d printer really -- thus for unlawful people it will never work here, they will have easy access to guns -- just like all the gun violence in chicago, new york and other cities that have super tight gun control, you blame it on other states on the border of them having them so easy -- well we have mexico on the border of america in which guns will flow over just like the drugs do -- if might be tough for criminals in other gun banned countries to get guns but it wont be here with mexico right there -- the cartels will just have another item to make money on besides drugs -- as i agreed and said before if was no guns then yes would be safer from gun violence but america is too far for that now

I once almost got stabbed but I was saved because I told some guys I was a Partick Thistle fan and they just laughed at me instead of stabbing me. So everyone should be a Partick Thistle fan?

I read this and laughed.

Every Glaswegian i have ever met over the internet have claimed this has happened to them, no one i have ever met in real life has ever claimed to have attempted to stab a Celtic/Rangers fan nor have they ever been threatened. I was a season ticket holder at Ibrox for 10 years, i went to orange walks and in my youth went about with some questionable characters some of whom are now in their rightful place in Bar-L. After hearing this story so many times we now dub it "The Partick Thistle Story". The only time something like this would happen was if you wondered into Larkhall with a Celtic top on or down the Barra's with a Rangers top; you have to be mentally retarded to do such a thing.

PBR

"but she has been taught on guns and she never touches or gets close to them without my ok which is only at the range"

For me that is one of the most dangerous things i have ever heard in my time. To leave loaded guns around the house with children no matter how well educated scares the living shite out of me. I won't even leave a pair of safety scissors out around a 5 year old.

but she has been taught on guns and she never touches or gets close to them without my ok

Oh so she was told not to so she wouldn't do it. More people should tell kids not to do stuff. No crime would ever happen.

I read this and laughed.

Every Glaswegian i have ever met over the internet have claimed this has happened to them, no one i have ever met in real life has ever claimed to have attempted to stab a Celtic/Rangers fan nor have they ever been threatened. I was a season ticket holder at Ibrox for 10 years, i went to orange walks and in my youth went about with some questionable characters some of whom are now in their rightful place in Bar-L. After hearing this story so many times we now dub it "The Partick Thistle Story". The only time something like this would happen was if you wondered into Larkhall with a Celtic top on or down the Barra's with a Rangers top; you have to be mentally retarded to do such a thing.

It's got NOTHING to do with teams. There are certain questions which are gonna result in you getting battered. "Where you from?", "What team do you support?", "Whit the fuck you looking at?". To be fair I wasn't gonna get stabbed but was defo getting battered. I was hanging about the wrong place though so of course it was my own fault. There is absolutely fuck all rivalry between Rangers and Celtic in Glasgow unless it's the specific pubs.

Funny thing in Ireland is when I get asked "Rangers or Celtic?" and I'll reply "Celtic" and they reply "Good" in a dickhead tone. So I thought "The fuck they gonna if I say Rangers?" so I started saying that. The reply I get now? "Ahhh its bollocks that they were relegated. Scottish football hasn't been the same".

Oh so she was told not to so she wouldn't do it. More people should tell kids not to do stuff. No crime would ever happen.

probably so -- too bad many people raise their kids as gangster thugs or let them act out those roles as if it's funny -- kids act as they have been taught or seen their parents act and i do blame many of the issues now days on the parents most kids have no respect period now days

For me that is one of the most dangerous things i have ever heard in my time. To leave loaded guns around the house with children no matter how well educated scares the living shite out of me. I won't even leave a pair of safety scissors out around a 5 year old.

i could understand but i do believe a lot of it is how kids are raised and taught -- i have not one single worry of her ever grabbing or playing with one -- but as i say i can see the worry as if their were other kids here no way would i leave them out but again i trust her 100% -- i do think the way they are raised has a lot to do with things

probably so -- too bad many people raise their kids as gangster thugs or let them act out those roles as if it's funny -- kids act as they have been taught or seen their parents act and i do blame many of the issues now days on the parents most kids have no respect period now days

That would be why there was no crime in the 50's. I agree, one major influence on kids is imitating what they see but putting 'many of the issues' down to their parents is silly.

This thread is funny though, can't we just agree to disagree? No matter how many news stories or words are posted/written will change a person's views.

How many people on this forum have done drugs? Did their parents encourage it? How many people on the planet smoke? How many people did shit on their exams?

I'm not saying you're unsafe though with her. I understand their is times you can FULLY trust a child like that. Like if you say "Don't cross roads at red lights" then you're trusting your child is safe in that position. But you get what we're saying? How many people fully trust that their kid isn't gonna hang themselves...then they do. You can't put safety in the hands of trust completely. What if it was your nephew (imagine instead of niece) that acted COMPLETELY uncharacteristically and shot up their school. You'd be left as a statistic on the news going "I can't believe they did that. I never thought that would happen".

i could understand but i do believe a lot of it is how kids are raised and taught -- i have not one single worry of her ever grabbing or playing with one -- but as i say i can see the worry as if their were other kids here no way would i leave them out but again i trust her 100% -- i do think the way they are raised has a lot to do with things

I was raised around guns and knifes since i come from a family who hunts. I was taught not to play with knifes or mess around with the shotgun or rifles. That being said my father never, ever, ever left any of these weapons within reach of me while i was under his supervision never mind without his supervision. Whenever i got to fire a gun he was directly behind me helping me aim at some target that had been set up, i never got to hold the rifle unassisted even when unloaded until i was in my teens. This is why i am so disturbed at the post, i am fairly certain social services if they got told this would have that child out the home instantly; at least in the UK.

I am with K-Rad in the fact i hope i never see a post from you saying "guys you were right".

That escalated quickly... I'm in shock at that statement.. That is exactly why you hear about children accidentally shooting a sibling etc..

I seriously hope you're talking shit about loaded guns around your house because you don't have a better point to bring up.. If you're not PBR you should be fucken ashamed of yourself..

• Upvote 2

I'll go out and say that if I was from a hunting family like Dinooo, and there were guns around, I guarantee that I wouldn't have fuked around with them.

That's cool.

But if I say that I guarantee that I would never take heroin, that's when you see the differences in people.

You just never know what kind of shit people have rocking around in their head. When I was about 14 I went into the living room with a penknife. I had the blade out and was "pretending" I was gonna stab my big brother. As it was just the blade coming from my hand, he didnt even see it, and though I was pretending I was gonna punch him with the clenched fist. He proceeded to slap my hand away, having something like a 2.5 inch blade go completely through his hand. That was JUST because my dad decided that his kid should have a penknife.

I know these are specific examples. For every stupid cnt like me there's 100 guys who didn't accidentally stab their brother in the hand...but are those odds really worth it with a kid involved?

• Upvote 1

I grew up around religious, strictly pacifist parents who didn't drink. Despite being raised like that I turned into an atheist beer enthusiast who sometimes fights people in a steel cage. Children rebel, and if you tell them they can't touch something you're damn right they'll do it. Taking the kid to the range is a better alternative than not doing it in your case because it lets her try it out in a controlled environment, but ideally this wouldn't be neccessary because you, you know, wouldn't keep loaded firearms around small children. Hell, even taking kids to a firing range can do long term damage because you normalize shooting at stuff from an early age.

• Upvote 1

Leaving guns around kids is just insane. I'm not from USA and because of that I think differently about guns. I have been in the military and have shot a fair amount of guns because of that, but even there it was all about safety in training. You can't just leave guns in the house when there are kids around, that is just crazy! I get that in your culture guns are a bit more common and normal then in Europe, but there are limits to what is normal.

Do we live in a normal world when kids think guns are normal and are needed? Would you really want your kid to be around guns and think that such thing is normal? Damn...

lol -- i guess mannetosen knows me somewhat -- lol -- i knew bringing up a kid and having loaded firearms throughout the house would ruffle some feathers -- hell i dont even have brother or sister to have any nieces or nephews -- i was only child

That wasn't nice!

As far as you having guns and collecting guns, i have already stated it isn't a problem since it for the most part gun collectors wouldn't risk losing their guns over some stupid shit.

Virginia. My father in law is one of the NRA instructors that teaches the saftey course, he waited till yesterday to tell me about it LOL I was like ya coulda told me a little sooner. We got to shoot too, I found out that I'm a bit more accurate with a Isosceles stance which surprised me cuz the Weaver stance feels more natural from having fought a lil.