Tea or Coffee?

Tea or Coffee  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Tea
    • Coffee

Being from the south, I feel obligated to say Sweet Tea. However, I enjoy both and probably drink more coffee than tea these days. Now that I know how bad sweet tea is for you, I drink a lot less of it. Oh and K-cups are the shit.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have voted for coffee but, its like this. I prefer a cup of regular brewed coffee to a regular boring cup of tea.

My favourite coffee is Mocha Latte with Chocolate syrup in it and my favourite tea is Somalian tea, with milk, ginger, cinnamon, cardamon and sugar.

If I had to chose between these two I would have chosen differently depending on mood/what time it is etc.

EDIT: Im a fatguy.

I have voted for coffee but, its like this. I prefer a cup of regular brewed coffee to a regular boring cup of tea.

My favourite coffee is Mocha Latte with Chocolate syrup in it and my favourite tea is Somalian tea, with milk, ginger, cinnamon, cardamon and sugar.

If I had to chose between these two I would have chosen differently depending on mood/what time it is etc.

EDIT: Im a fatguy.

What you described is neither coffee nor tea. It is dessert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Coffee. Jamaican preferably...Costa Rican is pretty good too. My sister-in-law brought me some back from Thailand once and had a hard time trying to get me to drink it. Apparently a little animal eats the beans whole, then shits them out before they are washed (presumably), packaged and sold to pretty blonde tourists lol.

• 8 years later...

I drink both depending on the setting. For tea, I like billy tea (which is black tea with a few subtle Australian influences) and also a lot of different Chinese and some Korean teas. Coffee I generally prefer espresso based, but usually variants with some frothed milk though I don't mind the occasional espresso by itself or a long black.

But, I do think a lot of coffee overseas is generally terrible. I admit American-style drip coffee isn't really my jam (nevermind the dogwater that is bad/cheap drip coffee), but even the 'espresso' based options there tend to commonly be loaded with lots of other things so it's not even coffee anymore. But it's not limited to North America. Coffee in Spain wasn't so great despite Italy being so close, coffee culture in the UK is in its infancy really, and so on. For some reason a lot of Europe tend to roast their beans using the 'torrefacto' method which involves adding sugar to the process. That was designed to cheapen costs and hide negatives that come from shit beans. If you're on a budget, just use instant coffee. Otherwise don't charge me a premium for beans roasted using pauper methods. Just copy the Italians, please.

Don't even get me started on the abomination that is creamer that is common in a lot of spots. From the name I thought it was at least partially dairy based but it's all freaking High Fructose Corn Syrup. Not even actual sugar which would have been better (though I prefer none).

Be like some (especially south east) parts of Australia. Steal all the best parts of Italian coffee styles, Greek cafe culture, Vietnamese influence in making excellent iced coffees, or even our Ethiopian communities who brew some top stuff.

There are places and cultures out there that have nailed coffee from all continents! Just copy the best bits from them! DO IT!

So yeah, I basically just drink tea when I'm travelling.

Wow who knew I cared that much about coffee. I don't even average 1 cup a day (maybe a few a week).