Rate the last movie you saw ...

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

6.75/10

It is probably better than the 6.75 i gave it, however i am really disappointed in the past 2 versions of Star wars. I grew up with the originals and although i felt the past 3 were a good attempt to give us input on what happened, the latest 2 are just manufactured bullshit. The actual films are not bad as standalone films, but as a hardcore Star Wars fan, the past 2 films clearly feel they are lacking George Lukas. I would write a detailed review, but i cannot be bothered.

Geostorm

6.0/10

Highly predictable plot, i was watching the film while under the influence of a lot of wine (at home, i torrented the film). I was expecting a typical apocalypse film and i got....................a typical apocalypse film. The only thing that did not happen was Gerard Butler did not heroically die and even that i knew would not happen because he promised his daughter he would be back :shades:

Last couple I've seen

The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 4/10 - pretentious garbage, uninspired plot, terrible pacing and an overall bore. Sad really, was hoping it'd shine.

Manchester by the Sea - 9.5/10 - One of the best films I've ever seen. Deals with themes like trauma, loneliness and loss in a way most films don't. Only thing letting it down is the score, and that's not worth dropping a lot of points off for.

• Bright (2017) -------------- 5/10

They had a good concept going here but i think the story-line was weak. There was nowhere near enough comedy/humor in this film and it was absolutely necessary because it was hard to take this film serious, the action parts needed a bit more spice as well. I guess i would watch a second film if they made one (i heard they plan to make a sequel) just based upon the fact that i like Smith and the idea is interesting/has potential.

star wars: the last jedi - 7.5/10 some good action scenes, and daisy ridley is beautiful, but the story/script was a bit of a letdown. i was expecting more. i went to a 10:45pm showing on a tuesday in an XD assigned seat (luxury recliners) theater for the main intent of hoping the rest of the crowd wouldn't have many people talking, but there were a couple 8-10 year-olds in my row that wouldn't shut the fuck up "oh i bet he's gonna use the force here", "oh i bet he's gonna die", "oh i bet he's not really dead", blah blah blah. fuckin' a.

Dunkirk --- 5.75/10 - Was expecting more after reading the reviews. In particular i felt the music used in this film was very irritating, but overall a solid attempt for a war film, i do not recommend this to anyone unless you actually like the second world war setting.

the same ... I was expecting more

it was more like a survivor film than a war film

needed more battles ..u know

the same ... I was expecting more

it was more like a survivor film than a war film

needed more battles ..u know

That's the point of the movie though. There was very little man-to-man combat at Dunkirk. The British Military wasn't able to bring in any material to the beaches, and they lagged far behind in both recources and aviation compared to the Germans.

• Upvote 2