TUF 18: Team Rousey vs Team Tate (Discussion Thread)

DeadlyDirk

god dammit, how the fuck did that mother fucker not make weight??? i wanted to see david smash him around :(

From Day 1 I knew that guy was a joke. When Cody Bollinger didn't make weight and gave him a free pass, I thought it was ridiculous someone like him could potentially reach the final with one lucky punch.

Was not a fan to say the least, and am also a bit sad Davey didn't get to mess him up.

Just seen it fuckin let down... He would have got KO'd in the fight for sure.

Also, I hate rhonda more. Why would anyone like her more after flippin Tate off. I was hoping her rope would snap and there was a shark tank underneath her, personally!

Just seen it fuckin let down... He would have got KO'd in the fight for sure.

Also, I hate rhonda more. Why would anyone like her more after flippin Tate off. I was hoping her rope would snap and there was a shark tank underneath her, personally!

whats funnier is the way she was talking shit about tate not being on her fighters and everything when cody didnt make weight, talking shit about her not being there for her fighters -- then it happens to her -- lmao -- priceless

whats funnier is the way she was talking shit about tate not being on her fighters and everything when cody didnt make weight, talking shit about her not being there for her fighters -- then it happens to her -- lmao -- priceless

yah ronda seems like one of those people didn't have a childhood (prolly to busy training with her mom) so now she acts like a child. Tate comes off as flawed but forgivable. I hope Zigano comes back and wins and ronda will prolly storm off and just do movies. Ronda reminds me of a female Ken Shamrock. Davey looks solid but I think Holdsworth takes him out in the finale. I'm guessing Pena Vs Pennigton for the females don't know how that one will end though

My complete ignorance towards woman's mma make me cheer for Ronda because of her awesome armbar sequence. But after watching this entire TUF season there is no way in hell I'll keep cheering for her.

She behaves like a spoiled child. She has absolute no control of her emotions. When I watch her I always remember my 8 year old niece. There is almost no difference in their reactions.

I wonder what she will do the day she loses a fight. Maybe she won't be able to handle it.

I was first one to defend Gutierez last time. Saying he did right thing, saying that huge weight cut twice in 3-4 days is evidence of being retarded. But now I HAVE to admit - he fucked up. He FUCKED UP big time. I agree 100% with Gamburyan when he said that at this point, Anthony doesnt deserve to be in UFC or TUF. He knew he had terrible weight cut for last fight - and he kept eating and he didn't care, being overconfident. It's 100% his fault.

But, on the other hand - I disagree with Dana when he said that this kid should find another job and make MMA his hobby. I still believe Gutierez WILL be back at some point in the UFC. I'm full-heart behind him, cheering for him and hoping he will learn his lesson and that won't happen again.

On the side note - how crazy is that? You had 3 missed weights in course of 20+ seasons - with 2 of them happening on this show back-to-back. Crazy season, gotta say.

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 cast member Jessamyn Duke has kept a blog throughout the season. Duke's entry this week revealed something shocking about coach and UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

Semi-finalists Anthony Gutierrez and David Grant never got to fight one another as scheduled on Wednesday's episode because Gutierrez did not make weight. After weighing in four pounds heavy the day before their scheduled fight, Gutierrez had another hour to make weight but chose not to try to do so.

As a result, he forfeited the fight and was kicked out of the TUF house. Rousey was the coach for both Gutierrez and Grant. The episode showed her talking with UFC president Dana White after Gutierrez was kicked out and telling the promoter that she herself was going to cut weight because she felt bad that she didn't guide Anthony through successfully.

The editing made it appear as if White talked her out of doing so. In an apparently entirely different part of the week, the episode showed Rousey beating opposing coach Miesha Tate in a wall-climbing challenge.

Jessamyn's blog entry this week reveals that Rousey did indeed go through with cutting weight to demonstrate to the fighters what is possible through strength of will, and she won the wall-climbing challenge while in the midst of that extreme weight cut.

[Rousey] jumped on the scale after Anthony missed weight and was 152 pounds. Without any sort of prep (diet, water loading, sodium loading/cutting, etc.) jumped in the sauna and was in there for FIVE hours before it was time to go to the coaches challenge. Yes, Ronda Rousey cut weight in the sauna for five hours, went to a rock climbing challenge, won, and then went BACK to the sauna that night and cut some more.

The next day when it was time for Jessica and Raquel to fight, she was at the gym before anyone else arrived and was back in the sauna cutting weight. When the rest of us arrived she was sitting at 136 pounds in the locker room. I watched her warm up Rakoczy for her fight while on weight and then step on the scale in front of Dana and be 135 pounds. She did this to prove a point.

• Upvote 1

I was first one to defend Gutierez last time. Saying he did right thing, saying that huge weight cut twice in 3-4 days is evidence of being retarded. But now I HAVE to admit - he fucked up. He FUCKED UP big time. I agree 100% with Gamburyan when he said that at this point, Anthony doesnt deserve to be in UFC or TUF. He knew he had terrible weight cut for last fight - and he kept eating and he didn't care, being overconfident. It's 100% his fault.

But, on the other hand - I disagree with Dana when he said that this kid should find another job and make MMA his hobby. I still believe Gutierez WILL be back at some point in the UFC. I'm full-heart behind him, cheering for him and hoping he will learn his lesson and that won't happen again.

On the side note - how crazy is that? You had 3 missed weights in course of 20+ seasons - with 2 of them happening on this show back-to-back. Crazy season, gotta say.

Guiterrez is terrible and kind of a stupid dick. Good riddance.

Also stop calling people older than you "kid" tia

• Upvote 1

if the kid doesn't have the intelligence and discipline to make a weight cut to fight for what will undoubtedly be the biggest opportunity of his mma career, then he's in the wrong profession.

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 18 cast member Jessamyn Duke has kept a blog throughout the season. Duke's entry this week revealed something shocking about coach and UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey.

Semi-finalists Anthony Gutierrez and David Grant never got to fight one another as scheduled on Wednesday's episode because Gutierrez did not make weight. After weighing in four pounds heavy the day before their scheduled fight, Gutierrez had another hour to make weight but chose not to try to do so.

As a result, he forfeited the fight and was kicked out of the TUF house. Rousey was the coach for both Gutierrez and Grant. The episode showed her talking with UFC president Dana White after Gutierrez was kicked out and telling the promoter that she herself was going to cut weight because she felt bad that she didn't guide Anthony through successfully.

The editing made it appear as if White talked her out of doing so. In an apparently entirely different part of the week, the episode showed Rousey beating opposing coach Miesha Tate in a wall-climbing challenge.

Jessamyn's blog entry this week reveals that Rousey did indeed go through with cutting weight to demonstrate to the fighters what is possible through strength of will, and she won the wall-climbing challenge while in the midst of that extreme weight cut.

[Rousey] jumped on the scale after Anthony missed weight and was 152 pounds. Without any sort of prep (diet, water loading, sodium loading/cutting, etc.) jumped in the sauna and was in there for FIVE hours before it was time to go to the coaches challenge. Yes, Ronda Rousey cut weight in the sauna for five hours, went to a rock climbing challenge, won, and then went BACK to the sauna that night and cut some more.

The next day when it was time for Jessica and Raquel to fight, she was at the gym before anyone else arrived and was back in the sauna cutting weight. When the rest of us arrived she was sitting at 136 pounds in the locker room. I watched her warm up Rakoczy for her fight while on weight and then step on the scale in front of Dana and be 135 pounds. She did this to prove a point.

Rhonda's a beast. She's like a Matt Hughes or Royce Gracie of Women's MMA (in the cage) lol...

She'll still get her ass kicked by Cyborg Man-Woman Santos, but I find her very entertaining.

Don't respect Dana White for calling proffesional fighters weak. Yeah, maybe selfish etc. But would not call those guys weak.

He is weak. Whether it be weak minded, weak willed or just a weak athlete, eating the way he did, acting the way he did and then not making weight proves it. And on top of that, the guy had an hour and instead of pushing through and getting as low as he could he quit. Quitting in that situation is a massive sign of weakness. Thousands of people sign up and try out for the show and he was one of the lucky few to get a chance and threw it down the toilet for something as simple as making weight. He's weak.

Dana is a fight promoter and when one guy is the reason for them not having a fight on that week it's kind of a big deal for the UFC. So it's easy to see why he's overly harsh on fighters not making weight and therefore ruining fights. And as far as him being in the UFC, good luck on that one. I don't think he's UFC quality anyways, and now that he's pissed the organization off, there's plenty of fighters in the sea who will get called up over him I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

Could not have happened to a nicer guy... what an idiot. Man, this season is a mess, constantly switching from one vicarious embarrassment moment to the next. In the defense of the girls, it's just not the prime talent they got there... but i like that they keept Invicta untouched, wouldn't be surprised if there already is a longterm deal made which allows some stars to grow outside of Roussey WMMA. More and more girls are able to train fulltime AND with access to top coaches and that's the point where we can really start judging them.

And we told Chris already, Manne, haha, he won't stop. :D

I dont hate rhonda like everyone else does, but that writeup on her weight cut is amazing,that is extreme will, Gutierrez was eating whatever he wanted,the amount of mayo he blasted that samech with proved he wasnt going to make weight, and Dana saying he was weak and needed to find a regular job didnt hurt me much, he had the opportunity of a lifetime,giving up isnt an option amd he had the LONGEST time out of everyone to make weight, meanwhile ppl like chris beal fought with an injury (we dont even do that on tycoon)

I dont hate rhonda like everyone else does, but that writeup on her weight cut is amazing,that is extreme will, Gutierrez was eating whatever he wanted,the amount of mayo he blasted that samech with proved he wasnt going to make weight, and Dana saying he was weak and needed to find a regular job didnt hurt me much, he had the opportunity of a lifetime,giving up isnt an option amd he had the LONGEST time out of everyone to make weight, meanwhile ppl like chris beal fought with an injury (we dont even do that on tycoon)

IRL fighting with an injury isn't an automatic loss lol..

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=287592

Guiterrez is terrible and kind of a stupid dick. Good riddance.

Also stop calling people older than you "kid" tia

It's just a habbit... :( Im listening to waaaaay to many Dana's interviews :(

He is weak. Whether it be weak minded, weak willed or just a weak athlete, eating the way he did, acting the way he did and then not making weight proves it. And on top of that, the guy had an hour and instead of pushing through and getting as low as he could he quit. Quitting in that situation is a massive sign of weakness. Thousands of people sign up and try out for the show and he was one of the lucky few to get a chance and threw it down the toilet for something as simple as making weight. He's weak.

How many times how you made a weight cut of that manner? How many times have you won proffesional fights, or even stepped inside a ring? Maybe weaker than a lot of other fighters but sure as hell less weak than an average person.

That being said Ronda is scary. There's no quitting in her and i wouldn't want to fight her. Im sure Miesha is shitting her pants.