TUF 18: Team Rousey vs Team Tate (Discussion Thread)

DeadlyDirk

I just watched the latest episodes and am definitely Team Tate. Rhonda and her skeletor look alike coach are a coupla cbombs. Chris (Team Tate) and Pena looked really good. Think those 2 might even win the whole thing.. a bit early to tell but I gotta feelin.

Edmond Tarverdyan her striking coach -- would be cool to see him and brain fight on same card as tate and ronda

Edmond Tarverdyan is like 2-0 against complete scrubs. One guy was 0-2, the other 6-18. Here's his fightfinder profile http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Edmond-Tarverdyan-110029. I have no desire to see him in the UFC at this point. He's probably trying to get an angle so he can get into the UFC actually.

Na I dunno Cus, she may be losing fans but it is making this TUF more exciting therefore probably bringing in more viewers and as for after the show finishes, people will watch her fights in the hope that she gets knocked the hell out! She is a silly wench, hope Tate wins!

Na I dunno Cus, she may be losing fans but it is making this TUF more exciting therefore probably bringing in more viewers and as for after the show finishes, people will watch her fights in the hope that she gets knocked the hell out! She is a silly wench, hope Tate wins!

Yeah i think thats about the only reason i would watch her fights from now on.

roxanne gassed hard and jessica seems to be pretty strong and conditioned well -- actually i hated seeing ronda's team win one

Yes I did not like to see Rhonda's team win either, but after hearing the story from Jessica I somewhat wanted her to win. I felt bad for Roxy though, after the dominant performance in the first, to being able to do almost nothing in the 2nd because she gassed was sad.

All the vets are getting taken out.

Am i the only one that thinks Dana is regretting having her as a coach now? she might be entertaining but I think she is losing more and more fans with every episode.

not a chance. she's a heel (i'm not convinced one way or the other if she's playing it up that way or if it's 100% genuine), and heels get viewers.

Ronda looks like she is badly confused about herself or her poisition or something like it. Her facial expressions and body demeanor gets real awkward when she is acting up. Looks real weird. And her striking coach... Jeeeez what a prick! Ooh how I wished that Hallman would've choked him the f out (which would have taken something like 5 secs). :D

The fight itself was pretty good. Roxy gassed out and the more well conditioned athlete won. Props to Jessica!

Btw, who else thought the ref was sleeping? IMO it was quite obvious that Roxy was done after the slam...