TUF 18: Team Rousey vs Team Tate (Discussion Thread)

DeadlyDirk

Na I dunno Cus, she may be losing fans but it is making this TUF more exciting therefore probably bringing in more viewers and as for after the show finishes, people will watch her fights in the hope that she gets knocked the hell out! She is a silly wench, hope Tate wins!

Am i the only one that thinks Dana is regretting having her as a coach now? she might be entertaining but I think she is losing more and more fans with every episode.

yeah I'm on the tate train aswell. Rousy just gets worse and worse for each episodes and comes of as a total bitch. She is not what I would call a people person. I just hope tate has improved since their last fight and doesn't go all emotional and ends up getting subbed.. again

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck Rousey has the worst sportsmanship ever. What sort of idiot turns their nose up at the opponents coach wanting to shake their hand after a great fight. Imagine how bad she will be when she loses her first fight.

Exactly, i won't be shocked if she retires after her first L. I think she dodged a bullet when Zingano got hurt but Tate still may get a chance to revenge her first loss to Ronda. I keep wishing she saves a little face on the show but she is just that damn bitchy.

yeah i was rooting for her too, but rocky seems like a pretty cool chick too so i didn't mind that she won.

losing fighters stay on the show because the show is taped and not live, so if fighters went home after losing then everyone would know who made it to the finals before the season ends. plus they all train together, so if losers went home then the winners would lose training partners. also, if a fighter gets injured and has to pull out, they can bring back a fighter that lost and have them take their place. for example, if rocky wins her next fight but breaks her hand in it, they could bring back jessamyn to take her place (or have jessamyn fight someone else that lost, and the winner of that fight would take her place)

• Upvote 1

In early seasons fighters had to leave the house if they lost a fight. The very first 2 seasons even had stupid "challenges" where the losing team would lose 1 fighter who didn't even have the opportunity to fight! These days eliminated fighters will also stay on in case somebody gets injured and needs to be replaced. Court McGee actually won TUF 11 after he was eliminated in the first round (though he was robbed on the decision in a lot of people's opinions) and the guy who beat him blew his knee out. Court replaced him and won every fight from there by stoppage. Also it helps the training to have a decent number of fighters for each team at training sessions.

Dana seems to suck up Rouseys ass in my opinion. So what Tates team posted some funny pictures around the gym they do that in EVERY season and how the hell is pointing out someone has a monobrow racist. I also can't stand her "no one has the right to beat me" speech, there is only 1 winner and 1 loser in every fight yet she thinks no one has the right to beat her but she has the right to beat everyone else. The woman is full crazy hahaha.

The "no one has the right to beat me" schpiel is garden variety sports psychology, though... It's about getting mentally prepared to go until you're physically incapable of continuing, not some kind of insane delusion.. As the great Tim Sylvia once said, "90% of the fight game is half mental".

The "no one has the right to beat me" schpiel is garden variety sports psychology, though... It's about getting mentally prepared to go until you're physically incapable of continuing, not some kind of insane delusion.. As the great Tim Sylvia once said, "90% of the fight game is half mental".

I get that it suppose to be a mental thing i just don't get how someone could actually think they have the right to beat anyone but no one has the right to beat them it just doesn't sound right to me, or at least say it as much is she does anyhow.

i just remembered what dana white said about the fighter from team tate, in the last episode of TUF, ..said that he doesn't like guys who try on thing to win the match ... but then again Dana .. hello ... u don't like GSP too ? :P

ah i get it GSP makes u a lot of money ... unlike the poor TUF guys :)
no offense GSP ...

• Upvote 1