Takedown solution

Not true Cain did it in Round 1 in their second fight lol. After that TD everything changed.

As a TD spammer who gets tired in rl see Jake Shields lol Difference is he spends a lot of time by the cage working for the TD not constant shooting TD's.

It's true. Cain is not real, he is fighter from PlayStation. Fighter who is able to destroy him, like he destroyed JDS hasn't been born yet.

• Upvote 1

Nice post

Do you agree with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw509MgKzns

I agree with this, it's a BJJ black belt against a white belt, and it's not 18 sub attempt ;)

The fight I'm talking about, my guy was brown belt, and he was either purple or brown too, too close together to get a sub win off his back while exhausted. That's my point of view anyways.

From my experience, the engine is actually still slightly biased towards strikers (e.g., I don't think the top 10 has been majority submission artists at any point since I've played this game), and countering takedown spammers hasn't been that difficult. You already have the option to counter-strike, and as far as I know, takedown attempts currently gas your fighter, and takedowns are harder to succeed with when you're gassed.

In the UFC, you also see a lot more fighters, even at the higest level, get wall-and-stalled than get KO's from takedown counters. If anything, I'd argue that failed takedowns should end up in the clinch more often.

Right on the money.

Consensus seems to be that everyone wants failed TDs to end up in more clinches, id like this and it would be neat to see how drastic everyones sliders will change as a result

This is what I'd like to see, I know they can happen in the game already but I'd estimate that more than half of failed takedown attempts end up in a clinch position, often up against the cage.

It's not easy to stuff a takedown and break a hold of the opponent all in the same motion.

Dude, you sure do like to type...

don't feel like reading all of that.

Hahaha Why do you think he like to type? hahaha

Well out of jokes i think a takedown spammer gets the punishtment in his own fault because the fighter will be gassed very early in the fight if his foe have good takedown defense not to mention he will be predictable and open for counters so i think there is no need for modifications to the game engine.

I would like to see such a fight in real life :yes:

It must look funny if one guy is shooting all the time for five minutes :D

I may be remembering it incorrectly, but didn't Nik Lentz do this against Andre Winner (albeit against the cage)? I remember that fight being something like 14 minutes of takedown attempts. Also, I think Diego Sanchez went something like 0-27 on takedown attempts against BJ Penn.

But it didn't work and he got KTFO.

To make it more complicated, a stronger relationship between predictability of non-stop shooting and nothing else, along with % of SHIG and/or counter could increase likelihood of future takedown failures and successful counter beatdowns?

Interesting reading.

One idea that springs to mind.

Make the rate of rate of takedowns attempted diminish as energy levels decrease.

So someone may attempt 10 TD's in the first minute, but would only be able to attempt 6 in the second.

I feel like this would quite accurately represent something we see quite commonly in real life, where fighters come out initially with a wrestling heavy game, but after a round of desperately working for TD's they can only find the energy for a couple of lazy shots by the second.

I think that this could encourage more people to set their game plans to be more realistic with their percentage of TD attempts. Which again, would bring the game more in line with reality. I mean, even Ben Askren throws a higher percentage of strikes than a lot of the pure wrestlers on this game and he's one of the more extreme examples available in real life.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1