The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

No disrespect to other people, but the Berzins were the best I came across. I thought they would win everything. These finals have been unpredictable.

Is it just me, or are more people making BJJ winners now?

No disrespect to other people, but the Berzins were the best I came across. I thought they would win everything. These finals have been unpredictable.

I agree. I wasn't surprised that my fighter Patton lost again (though I was pulling for that upset), but rather that it ended so quickly in the very last fight.

Either way, the Berzins clan by far was the dominant force on the Island.

Berzins dominates Island but I think that their finals performance was pretty disappointing imo, thought they'd do a bit better.

Kicks are very strong against boxers, Island was a lot of fun, looking forward to next season.

Berzins dominates Island but I think that their finals performance was pretty disappointing imo, thought they'd do a bit better.

Exactly what I meant to say, but better put.

Kicks are very strong against boxers, Island was a lot of fun, looking forward to next season.

Yea, watch out next time Berzins!

Absolutely stunned that Dominic Berzins lost in the finals after going undefeated all season (and taking out Rick Patton THREE times). Hell of a run all the same, and props to 20 year old Bravo for subbing him in 18 seconds.

So am I, I'm more disappointed that there is no explainable way that Johnny Bravo managed to get a takedown right off the bat.. Dominic is a physical beast with over twice the amount wrestling/takedown defence than Bravo.

No doubt, all 4 Berzins brothers that I kept this season made it into the top 10 P4P rankings and Samuel Berzins held #1 spot for majority of the time.

Berzins? pfff

I kicked some Berzins ass into oblivion in the very beginning

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=632632

Obviously got caught with bad hiddens. The doctor finished the fight, not you lol.

I agree. I wasn't surprised that my fighter Patton lost again (though I was pulling for that upset), but rather that it ended so quickly in the very last fight.

Either way, the Berzins clan by far was the dominant force on the Island.

It was a good rivalry, Dominic has some great KO power. :)

All 3 Berzins brother that have lost, I still can't figure out what went wrong when I look at the fights and sliders. :(

Ohh well, I won the 185lbs and 265lbs tourney last season and I have 1 more guy going for Rd6 tonight so we might bring back some glory yet! :)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

It wont go to the judges, one of us will be knocked out or leaving with broken limbs,i hate going to the judges myself, ive had 4 of them out of 15 fights

Nevertheless, i will be serving chicken after the fight provided im conscious

General!! The beers are flowing at the Bar n Grill waiting you to pring that trophy home!

http://i.imgur.com/YR61DMe.png?1?3064

But don't lose focus mate!! We have a few hungry and thirsty people celebrating wins and drowning sorrows!!! I have them covered with the "thirsty" part but seeing as you are busy preparing for your fight, i think i'll get a head start on preparing the chicken for you!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13909854948674.jpg

(5 mins later...)

http://i.imgur.com/fcxEehn.png?1?9693

Um... On second thoughts, maybe we should wait until after the main event.

• Upvote 3

I thought they preform pretty good.I believe one of then Daniel Berzins is in the 185 final after beating my 20 year old fighter phan funk in the semis.I was hoping phan would be the youngest fighter to win the island tournament but it was not met to be.He also came close to being the youngest champion but also got stop by one of the berzins .SO yeah if one of his fighters win at least one of the devisons he be doing pretty well .Also Samuel "The Title Wave" Berzins winning and keeping three titles is a major accomplished also

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

So the island talking is done yet my name was not mentioned among the Berzins (who deserve mention) as a legend. But i have successfully finished my tenure at the island, selling chicken to everyone and going 16-0. That's Right, i went UNDEFEATED and knocked out the runner up on the island 3 times. Stepan Razin is an EXCELLENT fighter, a force to be reckoned with but i withstood his wrath. THANK YOU ALL FOR ENJOYING MY CHICKEN! Sully!?!? The beer is on you!!!!

• Upvote 3

So the island talking is done yet my name was not mentioned among the Berzins (who deserve mention) as a legend. But i have successfully finished my tenure at the island, selling chicken to everyone and going 16-0. That's Right, i went UNDEFEATED and knocked out the runner up on the island 3 times. Stepan Razin is an EXCELLENT fighter, a force to be reckoned with but i withstood his wrath. THANK YOU ALL FOR ENJOYING MY CHICKEN! Sully!?!? The beer is on you!!!!

Gratz Scoob! I was on my way to mention you :)

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13887359184285.jpg

So the island talking is done yet my name was not mentioned among the Berzins (who deserve mention) as a legend. But i have successfully finished my tenure at the island, selling chicken to everyone and going 16-0. That's Right, i went UNDEFEATED and knocked out the runner up on the island 3 times. Stepan Razin is an EXCELLENT fighter, a force to be reckoned with but i withstood his wrath. THANK YOU ALL FOR ENJOYING MY CHICKEN!

Sully!?!? The beer is on you!!!!

"ON MY WAY MATE!!!"

http://i.imgur.com/burq0Hh.png

• Upvote 1

It's too bad the fighters on the island are completely useless in real tycoon. Something just doesn't seem right when a guy can go 16-0 and the fighter isn't even close to worth keeping. I guess it sort of helps new players get into the game..

What are the prizes for winning the Island finals anyway?

It's too bad the fighters on the island are completely useless in real tycoon. Something just doesn't seem right when a guy can go 16-0 and the fighter isn't even close to worth keeping. I guess it sort of helps new players get into the game..

All I got was the satisfaction of winning and a manager trophy.

Well Undefeated fighter General Tso managed to score himself a sweet gig hosting The MMA General Live which mainly covers BEEF cards but will often talk about issues in the MMA (Tycoon) world. Although just quietly i think that's due to his connections to his manager Scooby.

He also has a secret recipe for the best tasting chicken EVER!

As for my guy James "Sully" McGuiness? He wasn't as successful as "The Chicken General" but he was able to brew himself some nice beer on The Island so he opened up Sully's Bar & Grill! A place for ex-Island fighters and anyone else who likes beer and chicken to hang around and have a laugh!

As for Sully's fighting career? Not so good but he sure knows how to party! :D

Edited by jhinh

You're exactly right, 16-0 and leaving the island as a 27YO 25build. He wont learn shit else and everyone off the island will just fuck him over for hype for some 19YO project fighters.

Personal gratification... The fighter gets a badge before you sack him... Not trying to be a jerk, but everyone's ideas to make the island more worthwhile get stunted before they get any solid thought about them.

All I got was the satisfaction of winning and a manager trophy.

i see no manager trophy on my account, only on Zongtang's

Well, with the skill cap, it's not that in the long run non-island fighters will have an advantage forever. I can imagine some managers see it as a nice challenge to change focus and develope a successfull Island fighter in the core game.

I would like to make a successful fighter into the game, but as an 18YO that won't happen because everyone will have 25YO builds, and it will be shitty gym training for 2 years out of his life. This was why i was wondering if there would be any interest in KT, i would throw a fighter into a KT org and keep him that way he will end up being less shitty off the island. Since everyone seems to believe that 25YO builds barely having any skills to be a half logical build off the island is still good for the game.

I would like to make a successful fighter into the game, but as an 18YO that won't happen because everyone will have 25YO builds, and it will be shitty gym training for 2 years out of his life. This was why i was wondering if there would be any interest in KT, i would throw a fighter into a KT org and keep him that way he will end up being less shitty off the island. Since everyone seems to believe that 25YO builds barely having any skills to be a half logical build off the island is still good for the game.

that would actually be really good on the island, having a KT org