The Island Season 2 - General Discussion

Mike, what will happen with the Island orgs? I've selected the end Location - London, but will I be able to instantly start doing events there and signing people when the season ends?

I think so, yeah. been a while so I can't really remember :P I can't actually remember if I need to do anything manually or if it's all automated, so I have to have a look at that this week.

I think so, yeah. been a while so I can't really remember :P I can't actually remember if I need to do anything manually or if it's all automated, so I have to have a look at that this week.

Thanks Mike :) And will my org receive a hype hit if Champions manager decides to sack him after the Island?

Had a lot of fun so far in my first go at "The Island" My clothing store did pretty good despite nearly going bankrupt early due to over sponsoring fighter. My boy Bruce Lee did what he said he would and crushed "The Can" and took the belt. So all in all it was fun. Looking forward to next season

• Upvote 1

The Island is a great experience, I think it's gained in popularity since the first season and I can imagine even more managers entering the 3rd season

I didnt play the first,but i LOVED this season... i kinda want to make a younger fighter next season but dont want to be outmatched

The Island is a great experience, I think it's gained in popularity since the first season and I can imagine even more managers entering the 3rd season

Why wouldn't you make a fighter for it, you get a free slot! wish I'd been here for the start, it's an awesome concept but if you miss the first 2 months and then are a bit of a nab and don't get your guy out the Cozad then you're in trouble.

• Upvote 1

I didnt play the first,but i LOVED this season... i kinda want to make a younger fighter next season but dont want to be outmatched

I did the same. First time this season. I made my guy at 21 and trained him as best I could with what was available but tbh the training was not as helpful as you might think. The gyms aren't good enough for younger fighters to be that much better than the older guys.

Razor Sharp is doing well though, his final fight is his much anticipated title shot against the AFL welterweight champion.

check out his profile: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=238812

Just wondering, when exactly does the end of season tourney start. And at what P4P ranking is needed? I assume Top 128 P4P ranked fighters of The Island. Earlier today my only Island fighter just got a win and is squeaking by with Island P4P rank 122 atm.

Well even if he doesn't make it in, he was technically the second Island fighter I made for this season and he turned out much better than the first one. Probably even worth keeping when the season ends just to see how he fares despite being 26 years old.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/19/19w1.jpg

The last days on the Island are about. A few hours ago they announced that the boats are heading towards the Island to pick us up. They'll be here within a months time and by then the crown on each warriors head will be placed for each weight division. I've held my belt for quite some time now and tonight I'm going in for one last battle before the season ends. It's once more against one of the best clinchers in the 155 division, "Stiffy". Last fight I got him down quickly and took his arm, the question is did he learn anything from our last encounter?

Tonight we go at it again, #3 & #5 @ 155 division. Winner takes all but in all fairness this was just pratice! It all begins when that tournament bell rings for the first time. No mather what you've done previously on the island. If you fought valiantly or just hung out at Sully's drinking his awesome beer... well as the only beer on the island it taste a whole lot better than the water we have as an alternative. Wash that down with the generals chicken and it's not so bad here after all. It all comes down to this, the tourney. No second chance! The loser leaves with his head in his knees while the winner proceeds into the next round . Most of you will return to a normal life once this is over. Me? No not me. When the boats arrive I'll be staying on this Island with the belt on my waist, crowned the champion of the 155 division.

And the way that I hope it happens will be starting of with that smug son of a gun, Kenneth Omerou! I'll pick his "game" apart, snatch one of his lims and use it for a fishing rod for the remained of my time here!

Then in the finals I'll take on the hack and #1 p4p Samuel Berzins and I will teach him the meaning of indigo!

This will be my last entry, See you on the other side // Charles "Indigo" Benedict,

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/19/19w1.jpg

The last days on the Island are about. A few hours ago they announced that the boats are heading towards the Island to pick us up. They'll be here within a months time and by then the crown on each warriors head will be placed for each weight division. I've held my belt for quite some time now and tonight I'm going in for one last battle before the season ends. It's once more against one of the best clinchers in the 155 division, "Stiffy". Last fight I got him down quickly and took his arm, the question is did he learn anything from our last encounter?

Tonight we go at it again, #3 & #5 @ 155 division. Winner takes all but in all fairness this was just pratice! It all begins when that tournament bell rings for the first time. No mather what you've done previously on the island. If you fought valiantly or just hung out at Sully's drinking his awesome beer... well as the only beer on the island it taste a whole lot better than the water we have as an alternative. Wash that down with the generals chicken and it's not so bad here after all. It all comes down to this, the tourney. No second chance! The loser leaves with his head in his knees while the winner proceeds into the next round . Most of you will return to a normal life once this is over. Me? No not me. When the boats arrive I'll be staying on this Island with the belt on my waist, crowned the champion of the 155 division.

And the way that I hope it happens will be starting of with that smug son of a gun, Kenneth Omerou! I'll pick his "game" apart, snatch one of his lims and use it for a fishing rod for the remained of my time here!

Then in the finals I'll take on the hack and #1 p4p Samuel Berzins and I will teach him the meaning of indigo!

This will be my last entry, See you on the other side // Charles "Indigo" Benedict,

Good luck in the fight looks like 155 is a tough division!

Last day today for the Island season 2! Congrats to everyone that's done well and commiserations to those who haven't. We've had great feedback from those who have participated, particularly enjoying the extra slot for the island and the faster energy recovery. So anyway, after today's fights, we'll run a script to populate the end of season tourneys, move off all the companies etc. We should have 64 fighters per bracket in most weight classes. Don't forget if you want to release your island fighter after the end of the season, tick that as his end destination on your edit fighter details page.

- June, 30th 2014 from the news page