Impact (235k+ restricted) - The Official Smack Talk Thread.

IMMA 38 review

Monster Vs Landen Lightweight Title

A real surprise for everyone witnessing this bout, finishing in quick time and with Paul "Scrap" Landen as the new 155lb Lightweight champion.

Landen living up to his nickname as he piled straight into Monster, keeping him busy with leg kicks and looking to slow him down, as Monster only had time for a solitary attack and an ill-executed takedown attempt before taking a couple of good hits to the body and head and then succumbing to the final "monster" jab to put him on the mat for good.

A resounding victory for Paul "Scrap" Landen as he takes the Title from a top Champion and a real morale booster.

Souza Vs Masters Welterweight Title

"The Submission" Souza defending his Title for the first time and, perhaps predictably, coming in for a quick takedown to bring the match to his preferred level only to walk straight into Masters' right hand.

Masters did an excellent job of countering Souza' takedowns and for the first minute of the fight he succeeded in punishing Souza for trying to take him to the floor, countering with punches and kicks until I for one thought he might actually take the win.

Souza' persistance came up trumps in the end though as he took Masters down and proceeded to start working his limb-twisting magic on him.

To Masters' credit he resisted well with his defensive grappling and even got a few good strikes in whilst avoiding 2 particularly dangerous submission attempts but in the end "The Submission" got his submission.

Ronaldo "The Submission" Souza retains his Weterweight belt.

205lbs Sisu "Mantis" Okunaba Vs Cas Maverick

Swift as you like, this fight only lasted 38 seconds! Maverick coming out nicely with some good strikes and showing nice striking defence before Okunaba dropped him to the floor and put the serious squeeze on him. Pop and game over.

Showing just why he was the winner of the HBBG Grapplefest Okunaba collects his first win at Impact, a fighter to consider carefully before hitting the mat with him.

170lbs Omari Akhmedov Vs Shapovolov "The Titan" Sokoloff

Two Groundfighters showcasing their talents was the general thinking here and as Sokoloff went for an early takedown and, after taking an answering uppercut from Akhmedov, managed to take it to the mat, it looked to be the case.

Sokoloff showed his aggression on the ground, attempting multiple submissions which Akhmedov seemed to avoid calmly, all the time looking to stand-up and take it back to the feet. Succeeding in the fourth minute of the first round Akhmedov proceeded to answer all Sokoloffs attempted takedowns with counter after counter until the bell rang.

Start to finish in round two was a departure from what was expected, as Akhmedov punished Sokoloff in a seemingly casual manner, refusing to allow himself to be taken to the mat again and dealing damage in return for every attempt.

Finally finishing him with multiple strikes after catching Sokoloff with a straight counter Akhmedov took the win, his fourth in his Impact career.

170lbs "Peerless" Pernell Karl Vs John Doe

A slow starter this one with "Peerless" keeping Doe at a distance with some body shots, obviously waiting for the takedown attempts we would assume from a fairly skilled groundfighter.

These didn't materialise however, as both fighters seemed to be playing it carefully and appeared to be waiting to capitalise on any mistake their opponent made.

After a few attempts to stand and strike, along with a failed takedown for which he was quite heavily punished, Doe walked into a nasty left-right combination from Karl and hit the mat unconscious with a final big uppercut.

Karl picks up another win making it his fourth in his Impact fighting career.

170lbs Bang Wuzz Vs Chico "Dirty" Sanchez

Aside from "Dirty" Sanchez taking it into the clinch in the first few seconds the majority of this match took place on the mat, Wuzz worked diligently at securing a submission hold throughout and would surely have scored an outright win if not for "Dirty" Sanchez' remarkable grappling defense coupled with some excellent posturing up in his attempts to take the fight back to the feet.

Bang Wuzz deserved his decision win by unanimous decision but things could have been very different had Sanchez been a more aggressive groundfighter.

Two wins in a row for Wuzz now of the three in Impact.

205lbs "The" Super Fly Vs Tank "Bag Of" Worries

Some give and take to start, with Fly stuffing three takedown attempts and looking to keep Worries on his feet.

Worries managed to land a jab but then came under a barrage of strikes from Fly before Fly dropped him to the floor with a neatly executed takedown into guard.

From that point on Fly commenced in putting the hurt on Worries, dropping bomb after elbow on him, with Worries doing a reasonable job of covering up but not quite effectively enough.

Given how the fight was going it was almost surprising to see it end, three seconds before round one ended, with Super Fly managing to get Worries back as he tried to escape and forcing him to tap with a RNC. Very nice.#

A win in his debut at Impact and one to watch for in the future.

205lb Ewen "The Phenom" Davis Vs Matt "Merlou" Lauzon

One of the most entertaining fights of the evening this one, with Lauzon taking it right to Davis right from the off, coming in hard with strikes.

Davis did a great job of fending him off, catching him with several nasty counter shots, and continually pressed forward himself looking for the takedown.

Once succesfully taking the fight to the ground Davis hit Lauzon with one submission attempt after another, Lauzon doing an exceptional job of defending against them all and looking to stand up.

This fight could have been anybodys, Lauzon working hard on his feet and Davis working hard on the ground, but the Judges decided that the groundwork deserved the points.

Ewen Davis collects his second professional win and his second win for Impact.

265+lbs "Gord" Pops Mcgee Vs Iouri "JJ" Blunderskard

A completely one-sided fight in this match up of the big boys, Mcgee catching "JJ" Blunderskard (and lets give thanks he has a short nickname) with a lovely uppercut, cutting him straight away.

"JJ" came in to the cage at nowhere near full capacity and really felt the effects (pay heed fight fans, it is important to have a full tank of energy before embarking on any martial endeavour) letting Mcgee run roughshod over him for the entire bout.

Cuts, clinches, takedowns and finally just being hammered in the head until the Ref stepped in, Blunderskard couldn't do a thing and was happy to see the fight end (once he'd realised that he wasn't being hit any more).

"Gord" Pops Mcgee takes his first win since joining Impact.

Been a pleasure gentlemen,

Cheers and Regards,

Bulldog.

A big thank you to Bulldog Branson for writing the review this week.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w40.jpg

Super Fly

Got a TWGC fight in a few hours, I think I am a little overmatched but I will do my best to represent Impact. Really looking forward to the challenge of facing world class grapplers. Once finished with TWGC I will be ready to accept a fight with whoever Impact Management sees fit

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w29.jpg

Alex Jerry "xXx" Lee (249694)

After my first two pro MMA victories i have signed up to enter TWGC and i find myself matched up against Claude Daneau, better known as "The Master."

Well, from what i can see the only thing you've "mastered" is how to lose fights. And i don't see how the opening rounds of London's Division 3 TWGC will be any different for you.

Now even though i don't fight for IMMA, I almost feel bad that this loser who Claude Daneau will be representing this great org to which a number of my team mates are signed to. But no matter, i'll make quick work of him and then move on.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w35.jpg

"Lumber" Jack Silver (247679)

Not long to go Grimsson, are you ready? We're both coming off losses and i don't intend to add another to my record. However, i DO like some of the potential bonuses on offer. So i aim to make this a crowd pleasing fight but also aim to get some bonuses.

Hey, if i win a bonus i might even bring you down to Sully's for a beer or 2! :drunk:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14041311491144.jpg

"Lucky" Liam McGuiness

......Someone say "beer?"

Oh dear... (shakes head)

"Lucky" Liam McGuiness

WOOOOOOO!!! PARTY AT SULLY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14074272685875.jpg

"Don" Carlo Gambino

"Ringo I hope you like sleeping with the fishes, cause you're going to get finished early."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w29.jpg

Jake Lamotta

Hey Irvin, whats up with a rematch? I see you've been going on a tear since I put your light out. It would be a big money fight that fans want to see. I took your belt and put the first blemish on your record you have to want revenge for that. So accept my challange!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w40.jpg

Super Fly

Well my TWGC run didnt go very well. Oh well now I'm just pissed and ready to take it out on my next opponent! Speaking of which, I need an opponent so whoever isnt busy at 205 lbs lets set this thing up and fight

Gunnar Grimsson

"Lumber" Jack Silver (247679), hell yeah i'm ready. It's the most important fight in my career, so get ready for war. Oh, and if I win the Bonus i'll invite you to a barbeque with my family. I'm sure they'll love you.

Sounds good. Although i prefer to unwind at Sully's as the beer is always cold and the chicken is fresh!

"Lucky" Liam McGuiness (246080)

Who the fook you talkin' to?

THat's gonna be my opponent at Midweek Mayhem. His name is...

AHHHH HIS NAME IS SHITE!!!! FOOKING GRIMEY BASTARD!!! WHO THE FOOK DOES HE THINK HE IS?!?!

(Face palm) Liam... You gotta stop badmouthing my opponents. First Mazzuca now Grimson...

FOOKING CHEATS THE LOT OF THEM!!!!! IF THERE IS ONE THING I HATE MORE THAN THAT SMELLY BASTARD MAZZUCA IS GUNNAR GRIMEY WHATEVER-THE-FOOK-HIS-NAME-IS!!!!!! JUST THE THOUGHT OF THEM MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY!!!!!!!!

...And when I'm feeling angry i always sit back and relax with an icy cold Sully's HB. The refreshing taste is enough to calm any man down. But remember to drink responsibly. Now available at Sully's Bar and Grill. Ahhh, Sully's HB. It's refreshing!!

(Shakes head and walks away) Duuude, you REALLY need to stop interrupting my interviews....

Sorry we have missed a preview and a review of the last event but the org owner was out of the country looking to sign even more talented fighters to give you guys even more competition and choice when it's time to send out the fight offers.

A quick re-cap of the awards for IMMA 39;

Fight of the Night went to :Sewy Cide vs Fat Burger This fight only lasted 1 round but was a great fight between 2 talented stand up fighters, both know for their KO's and stoppages by cuts. The majority of the fight took place in the clinch where Burger really excells but Cide's defence's were impeccable which gave him the chance to pick his punches.

KO of the Night went to : Theodore Ruxpin A huge overhand right saw his opponent hit the deck with his lights definitely turned off.

Sub of the Night went to : Carlo Gambino A triangle deep in to the second round against a skilled wrestler saw Gamino pick up his 2nd win in a row.

There were also 4 fights with 100% ratings which saw James Irvin , Sewy Cide ,Gabryel Catchmaer and Benny Dunk pick up a $2k bonus for their efforts.

Gabryel Catchmaer also picked up a $5k bonus for the Fastest Finish. There were 6 fighters in the running for the bonus but Catmaer managed to finish his opponent in just 31 seconds pipping the others to the post.

All bonuses have been transferred, thank you.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14074272685875.jpg

"Don" Carlo Gambino

"Thank you for the Submission of the night award. It's my Impact debut and I have a feeling that I'm going to stay here, it's a fantastic org for a new fighter like me"

IMMA Midweek Mayhem 1 preview

Sorry for the late posting of this preview but time and dodgy internet access have held me hostage this week.

170lbs Daisuke "Duke" Takenura(5-0-0)(1-0-0) vs Gasan "Little Bear" Magomedov(4-2-0)(0-0-0)

Takenura made a great impression on his debut fight for Impact. He took the transition of moving to a different org in a different country in his stride and managed to put away a well know name at Impact in the first round. He is a great young talent that likes nothing more than taking his opponent to the ground and then using GnP to score a victory. With 5 wins and 5 TKO's to his name so far his opponent must take his seriously.

Magomedov is another new recruit to make the swim from the Island. He is a great wrestler who can also take full advantage of any opportunity to get a submission. He does have a slight striking advantage but I see this fight being fought out on the mat with Magomedov looking to get a sub before Takenura can rain down some GnP.

My prediction: I think Takemura might have the edge in this one, his GnP is a serious weapon. Takemura by TKO in round 3

205lbs Timo Kahuna(11-7-0)(0-0-0) vs Patrick Zorn(5-1-0)(2-1-0)

Kahuna is one of the last fighters to make it from the Island in search of fame and fortune. Kahuna seems to prefer striking from a distance although with his excellent wrestling technique he has proved himself able to escape if he should get taken to the floor. He does seem to be open to submissions in the past but has had many months to work on his defences so those few losses could well be a thing of the past.

Zorn has been on a great run of form lately only losing 1 fight from his last 6. He is a good all round fighter with his main skills being on the ground although he does have some striking ability to defend himself or take advantage of weaker opponents. Unfortunately Zorn's morale isn't as high as it could be, probably due to his stinky magic white shorts but I'm not sure how much of an impact it will have on this fight. I think Zorn will definitely try and take Kahuna down and test his submission defences, Kahuna is a very experienced fighter and will probably have a few tricks up his sleeve waiting for Zorn.

My prediction: I think Zorn definitely has the skills to take this one but Kahuna is very experienced. Kahuna by decision

155lbs Tung "Stiffy" Kuk(8-4-0)(0-0-0) vs Mac "The Mouth" McNulty(5-1-0)(0-0-0)

Just when you thought the last boat from the Island had set sail you find another stowaway looking to earn a few dollars. Kuk is unusual fighter in that he is much younger than the typical Island fighter, at just 20 years of age he managed to fight with some of the best 25 yr olds on the Island and walk away, head held high with his record. Kuk is happiest when he's up close and personal fighting inside the clinch.

McNulty is another fighter with a flair for GnP. He has only had 1 loss in his career so far which was his last fight - a title defence in an org that has now unfortunately shut down. This will be a good test for McNulty to see if he's got what it takes to continue climbing the ladder and move on to better things.

My prediction: I difficult one to call but McNulty looks like he might be a little keener for the win but Kuk could easily prove everyone wrong. McNulty by TKO in round 2

170lbs Enrico Moya(4-1-0)(4-1-0) vs Samir Ait Yafelman(4-2-0)(3-2-0)

Both these fighters have shown a huge improvement over the months, Moya after his initial loss in his debut fight has gone on to win his last 4 fights in a row while Yafelman had 3 straight KO's in a row until losing on points in his last fight to Ken Masters. Both these fighters have great KO ability with possibly Moya being able to mix it up slightly more. I think this should be a terrific battle between 2 strikers unless 1 of them is planning something risky and thinking outside the box. Unfortunately Yafelman's manager has gone on vacation leaving training and tactics up to his fighter, his fitness is superb but unfortunately this decision has had a small effect on his fighter’s morale - hopefully it won't affect the result too much.

My prediction: This should be a tough fight for both fighters and could easily go either way. Moya by decision.

170lbs Sammy "Screwball" Hicks(3-2-0)(2-0-0) vs Lucas Pierce(5-2-0)(4-2-0)

Hicks is on a 3 fight win streak at the moment, 2 of the wins being right here at Impact. He is a clinch fighter with dangerous knees but he has also proved a difficult customer to pin down when he is taken to the floor managing to escape from difficult positions. He has over trained very slightly and his morale has taken a very small loss - I don't think it should make any difference to the outcome of this fight though luckily.

Pierce had been on an amazing win streak, winning 5 fights in a row with 4 of them taking place at Impact. With his wins came an increase in rank and he was at one point not far off a title shot. In order to earn that tile shot he had to fight some of the best fighters in the division and unfortunately I don't think some of those fighters suited his fighting style. He has picked up 2 losses in his last 2 fights from going up against ground fighters which has given his manager something to think about who has so far turned down any offers of negotiating a new contract with Impact. This could be Pierce's last fight and fortunately for him he will be going up against a striker, giving him the best chance to go out in style. Pierce seems happier to fight at a distance rather than in the clinch so will probably look to stay away from Hicks at all costs.

My prediction: 2 talented strikers, it could go either way. I think Pierce's experience should see him clear to another and possible final victory at Impact tonight.

170lbs Trev "Yetti" Hartley(4-3-1)(3-3-1) vs Francois Leon(5-4-0)(3-4-0)

These 2 fighters have met previously around 3 months ago. In that fight Leon came out with his arm held high, something Hartley will look to sort out in tonight's bout. Hartley has been yo-yoing up the rankings and recently put an end to his 2 fight losing streak by finishing his opponent with an excellent Kimura, picking up sub of the night too in the process. Hartley has decent striking ability and also has a purple belt in bjj which he can fall back on to mix things up. He has slightly over trained but hopefully he still is able to put on a great show.

Leon after beating Hartley has gone on to lose his last 2 fights. His morale is rock bottom and he must be wondering about which direction his career his heading with his team mate not being able to make weigh in. If he wishes to become a top contender once again, his manager will have to pay a bit more attention to the smaller details as he comes up against some of the top fighters in the org.

My prediction: Hartley by submission in round 2

205lbs Robert "Mech" Dobczynski(6-4-0)(0-0-0) vs Jamezdin Shraf(7-4-0)(0-0-0)

Two new recruits from overseas making their debut tonight in front of the Impact MMA fans. Dobczynski is a brown belt with basic striking and good wrestling skill while Shraf also looks like he prefers to do his fighting on the ground with similar striking skills and a purple belt in bjj, he does have slightly better wrestling technique than Dobczynski so let's see if that will make the difference in tonight's bout. I think this fight will definitely take place on the ground, both fighters have a natural talent for making their opponents tap out and should be a great fight.

My prediction: This is probably too close to call for me and could easily go either way.

170lbs Calvin "The Cobra" Bradley(4-0-0)(0-0-0) vs Vinnie Haz(5-5-0)(5-4-0)

Bradley is another fighter making his debut tonight. He has already managed to get some experience in the QFC's and is currently sat on a 4 fight win streak. Haz is a veteran fighter at Impact having already notched up 9 fights and his manager is due to receive a $20k bonus into his manager’s account for fighting 10 consecutive fights at Impact after this fight.

Both fighters have similar striking ability and white belts in bjj. It looks like this fight will take place on the feet and be down to tactics unless someone makes a mistake.

My prediction: Bradley has an impressive track record but Haz has a lot of experience under his belt. This could be a really close fight.

205lbs "Lumber" Jack Silver(3-2-0)(0-1-0) vs Gunnar "Rebel" Grimsson(2-3-0)(3-1-0)

Silver has been in the limelight in the smack talk probably more than he'd like thanks no less to his loud-mouth over protective team mate "Luck" Liam McGuiness. Tonight, Silver will be all alone and have to let his fists do the taking without the back up of McGuiness, although I'm sure he will be in the audience somewhere.

Grimsson made quite a good start at Impact but has come unstuck when facing anybody but strikers. Tonight he will get his chance to shine again as this should be a great stand up battle between 2 strikers. Grimsson does have the bjj advantage of a blue belt compared to his opponents white belt but I think he will be looking to showcase his boxing ability to reassure his manager he is worth the long term investment in time and effort.

My prediction: They both have the skills to take the win and they are both hungry for the win. If Grimsson can avoid Silver's dangerous Muay Thai and leg kicks that could potentially ruin his game plan he stands a good chance of coming away with the win. Silver's kicks could give him the upper hand though.

205lbs "Dorky Corky" Touko Vanhanen(3-2-0)(0-0-0) vs Myron "Anacrusis" Echoes(7-2-0)(0-2-0)

Vanhanen is set to make his debut in a few hours’ time. He has so far had a bit of a rocky start to his career but now he has a new contract signed he is seeing it as a fresh start and will be looking to take home a win tonight. He has excellent boxing skills with a purple belt in bjj that could make him a difficult opponent to read in the cage and could surprise a few fighters who didn't spend long enough researching their opponent.

Echoes is unfortunate to find himself on a 2 fight losing streak at the moment, totally alien territory for him as he was previously on a 5 fight win streak. His last 2 fights don't do him credit though, he first loss was down the judges and his second fight saw himself up against a talented wrestler. Echoes is a submission specialist with 5 submissions already in the bank from 7 wins. He has a brown belt in bjj and will look to every opportunity tonight to make the best use of it.

My prediction: I think Echoes might possibly take this one tonight. Echoes by submission in the 2nd round.

And that rounds up the preview for tonight’s bout. There will be a $2k bonus for winning a 100% rated fight and a $5k bonus to the Fastest Finisher.

Gunnar Grimsson

Congrats for Jack Silver, clearly a better fighter. It's time for me to retire, i'm going to open a barbeque bar and every impact fighter is welcome !

Sorry to hear it's time for Grimsson to retire as he certainly had a huge heart and never gave up.

Remember if you are looking to create a new fighter Impact's Academy Division could be a good place to test him out and get some wins under his belt before he is ready to move on to the normal weight classes at 19 yrs old. If not, I'm sure you'll have a lot of success with him in one of the higher ID restriced orgs.

Midweek Mayhem 1 Awards and bonuses

Fight of the night went to : Enrico Moya vs Samir Ait Yafelman A tough fight for both strikers that ended up going the distance, Moya's more accurate striking helped to give him the victory and pick up his 5th win in a row earning him an extra $5 bonus.

KO of the night went to : Jack Silver A superb flying knee wowed the crowd and finished his opponent in the first round, almost taking the Fastest Finish bonus too.

Sub of the night went to : Robert Dobczynski In a closely fought battle, Dobczynski pulled off an excellent guilotine in the second round to take a win on his debut fight.

Jack Silver also picked up a $2k bonus for winning a 100% rated fight.

Vinnie Haz is the first fighter to fight 10 consecutive fights for Impact MMA, he has been here since Impact began and his manager has been awarded a $20k bonus for his loyalty. Congratulations and thank you.

Pale monster and carlos condit here for the first media scrum since our manager was abducted, I want you fans and fight ers alike to know I, pale monster, will get my gold back.

Carlos: im comming in looking for my first win inside of this org, looking to go in the 265plus division and tske heads clean off

on a side note my computer was stolen and can only use a tablet sorry !!!

Impact MMA Of the Night Bonus Update

As a reward for having some of the most loyal and best managers in the game in my opinion, I am pleased to annouce Impact MMA will be raising the bonuses for Fight/KO/Sub of the night from $2k to $5k per event.

Thanks to all the managers who are putting the effort in and are making this into a great org.

• Upvote 3

IMMA 40 Lang vs Xezeron preview

Coming up in another action packed fight card we have a Super Heavyweight Title fight, some unfinished business for a couple of well-known fighters from the Island and some excellent fights with contenders battling for a position to be able to call out the champ.

To kick things off let's head straight to the Super Heavyweight Title fight.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1408134671IMMA40.jpg

265+lbs Title Fight "The One Man Wolf Pack" Josh Lang(5-0-0){4-0-0} vs Maximillian Xezeron(6-1-0){6-1-0}

Lang is so far undefeated not only at Impact MMA but in his whole career. He's had a total of 5 fights and finished 4 of them by KO(head kick). This will be his second defence of the belt. These two have met before but Xezeron generously took a short notice fight and wasn't 100% prepared in his training for Lang. The fight went deep in to the 2nd round before Lang landed a powerful head kick.

Xezeron has only one loss to his name when he fought Lang a couple of months ago. He has since had another fight and dispatched his opponent inside the first round. Lang has yet to be tested on the ground and Xezeron is clearly happy to mix things up with his 5 wins coming from 2 subs,3tko's and just 1 decision so it will be interesting to see if Xezeron is willing to risk taking him down and using his bjj advantage. One thing's for sure, there seems to be some unfinished business and both fighters are determined to walk away with the belt.

My prediction: Definitely too tough to call, they both have the skill it's just a case of finding their opponents weaknesses.

155lbs Beach "Surpher Boi" Bumm(10-3-0){0-0-0} vs The Can(14-5-0){0-1-0}

Next up is a bit of a grudge match for Beach Bumm. He beat The Can's opponent that knocked The Can out of the final rounds of the Island tournament. Beach Bumm would now like the chance to see, in theory, if he could have earnt his place in the final. Bumm is a talented ground fighter with a flair for finding submissions - half his wins have come from making his opponents tap. He also has a powerful right hand and is more than capable of standing and trading punches and coming away with the win.

The Can is happiest fighting inside the clinch and controlling his opponent but is almost as happy keeping them at a distance and lining up some huge punches. He is a really determined fighter and often very difficult to finish even on the few occasions he's been rocked. A talented boxer who isn't afraid to take on ground fighters. Beach Bumm will have to bring his best A-game if he wants to walk away with a win tonight. The Can has over trained slightly and won't be walking into the cage with full energy, he may have to rely on sheer determination if this fight goes the distance.

My prediction: This is a dangerous fight for both fighters and either could win, Beach Bumm may have the edge in this one tonight.

155lbs Dan "Fist" Dimont(4-3-0){0-0-0} vs Jeffery "The Proper" Winshire(4-0-0){2-0-0}

Dimont will be making his debut at Impact MMA tonight. Dimont has some excellent wrestling skills and has very dangerous with GnP. Due to his comments in smack talk, he is very confident of his skills and isn't afraid of stirring up trouble with some of the bigger names in the division.

Winshire is currently on a 2 fight win streak at IMMA and a 4 fight win streak overall. This talented wrestler has knocked some much better bjj and ground fighters to the side as he has climbed the ranks of the division. If he carries on like this he may well have some of the top contenders checking over their shoulders.

My prediction: These fighters have almost identical skills and both like to drop the big strikes from the ground. I'd have to go with Winshire’s current form. Winshire by decision.

265+lbs Dave "The Beast" Batista(6-4-0){0-0-0} vs Haleb "El Manta" Sukayev(9-2-0){0-0-0}

Batista is another new recruit to Impact. He is a great striker who has specialised in Muay Thai technique with excellent KO power. 5 of his 6 wins have been by straight KO, 4 of them KO(head kicks).

Sukayev is also making his debut. He has a purple belt in bjj and has racked up quite a string of wins by submission. He also has the added advantage of being able to stand and trade punches with some decent boxing skills. I think Sukayev will look to take the fight to the floor rather than risk standing up with Batista. If he gets a successful takedown it could spell trouble for Batista.

My prediction: Sukayev by submission in round 3

205lbs Joey Jocur(4-2-0){4-2-0} vs "2.0" Robert Mazzuca(3-1-0){3-1-0}

All 4 of Kocur's wins have been by T/KO and his has some of the best boxing skills in the division if not the org. He is currently on a 2 fight win streak after going the distance with the now current champion Pennypacker. If his win streak carries on much more he will surely be looking at a possible title fight soon.

Mazzuca and Kocur have met once before early in their careers. Kocur walked away with the win that time but as it's Mazzuca's only loss, he is ready to set the record straight tonight. He is also on a win streak himself with 3 straight victories from his last 3 fights. With nothing much to separate them in skills and Mazzuca only 5cm taller, these two are pretty equal on paper and should make for a great fight.

My prediction: Not an easy one to pick, Mazzuca could be the more determined of the two as he still looking to avenge his only loss. Mazzuca by decision.

265+lbs Khaled "Prince" Kalil(5-2-0){1-2-0} vs Django Freeman(3-1-0){2-0-0}

Kalil found his rhythm in his last fight after moving orgs 3 fights ago and managed to put away a big name in the 265 division which will give him a huge confidence boost. He is a great striker with natural KO ability, he also has some limited bjj skills should he need to defend himself if he gets taken down.

Freeman has had 2 fights since joining Impact and has won both of them by submission. He will have a bjj and a slight wrestling advantage going in to this fight but he will give up a significant striking advantage to his opponent. If Kalil plays it cautiously and can keep out of trouble he could be one of the first fighters to test Freeman's chin. Any mistakes will see Freeman make another submission.

My prediction: After taking a big scalp in his last fight, Kalil might just have the motivation to carry on and get himself his second win in a row. Kalil by TKO round 3.

205lbs SJ Mitchell(4-2-0){3-2-0} vs "Sergeant" Harrison Yates(3-0-0){1-0-0}

Mitchell has seemed a little distracted in his last couple of fights and has lost his momentum picking up a couple of losses for the first time in his career. He has already proved he can get his head together and has scored another win to pick himself back up off the floor. Unfortunately he's also over trained slightly but I'm not sure if it will make a huge difference to the result tonight but best to not take the chance when you have a big fight coming up. He has very similar skills to his opponent tonight but seems much happier on the ground than Yates.

Yates has been making a lot of noise in the smack talk thread and ruffling a few feathers of not only the fighters around him but of the org owner too. I can't work out if that's just being confident of his abilities or just being cocky, I guess we will see over the next few fights. Yates is under new management and made his debut for Impact in his last fight and put away a talented ground fighter causing him to retire from the game. As said earlier he has very similar skills to his opponent in that they both have decent wrestling skills and a purple belt in bjj. Both also have good striking ability but Yates has excellent Muay Thai skills. Yates seems to prefer to use his striking over his ground game where Mitchell has seems some success with his ground game. I think Yates will look to use his MT advantage and use kicks to control the pace of the fight whilst he tries to set up a KO opportunity. Mitchell will look to take the fight to the floor and test how good Yate's defensive skills are.

My prediction: I think it could go either way but due to energy, Yates will have the advantage tonight. Yates by decision.

205lbs Colden "The Python" Harper(3-1-0){2-1-0} vs James Rush(3-1-0){0-1-0}

Harper is on a 2 fight win streak and has just finished an extended training period. He now has some decent wrestling skills to add to his purple belt in bjj which will no doubt help him to get some more submissions to his name.

Rush made his debut last time out after getting tangled up in the clinch. Rush has a wrestling advantage in tonight’s fight but will give up a bjj advantage to Harper. I'm not sure if Rush will be bothered by that as he is very happy fighting down on the ground and has some serious ability in his GnP game. He also has the added advantage of being able to trade punches with all the best of strikers so we could see him try to put that to use tonight.

My prediction: I think Rush will be taking home his first taste of victory at Impact tonight. Rush by TKO in round 3

265+lbs Randall Wallace(4-1-0){1-0-0} vs Jin Axazel(1-1-0){1-0-0}

Both fighters look very similar on paper, Axazel will have the slight edge in terms of bjj although I don't see that bothering Wallace as he prefers to get up close and personal in the clinch with some dangerous elbows. Axazel prefers the ground side of the game with his only win coming from a submission. Wallace does have the bonus of age and experience on his side but he'll have to be careful not to let Axazel get the takedown otherwise that would be end for his fight tonight I think.

My prediction: If Wallace can keep standing he has an excellent chance but I think Axazel will find the takedown. Axazel by submission round 2.

155lbs Francis Conrad(2-3-0){2-3-0} vs Geghard "The Lion" Karekin(1-2-0){1-2-0}

Both of these fighters are having a bit of a bad run in form and both searching for a win to turn things around. Conrad was doing well and reached quite high in the ranks putting him against some of the better fighters in the division and even earnt himself a title shot. Since then he has since had 2 more losses. A win here would give him a much needed confidence boost, although his manager has done an amazing job at looking after his morale, and put him higher up the ranks once again.

Karekin after a great win on his debut has lost his last 2 fights by decision, both were to good fighters so it shows he definitely has some skill but was unfortunate not to be able to find the finish he so much needed. Both are ground fighters and like to go for submissions, Conrad has the better belt but his is quite tall compared to Karekin. If Karkin can keep his limbs tucked in he may just be able to walk away with a well needed victory tonight.

The bonuses for 'Of The Night' awards have been increased to $5k and there will also be a $5k bonus for the fastest finish. A finish in under a minute will qualify with the fastest time taking the cash home. I will also see if I can come up with some bonuses to help keep things interesting and reward the great managers we have in this org.

IMMA 40 bonuses and of the night awards

Yet another great event with a near capacity crowd and a great event rating. It was an action packed card from top to bottom. There will be a full review to follow but here is how the bonuses and awards went;

Fight of the Night went to: Josh Lang vs Maximillian Xezeron Each time these two warriors meet they put on an amazing show and this time was better than the rest. Lang had he best fight yet and made a successful defence of his Super Heavyweight Title.

KO of the Night went to: Dave Batista A great debut by Batista ended with a massive right hand that knocked his opponent out before he hit the floor.

Sub of the Night went to: Jin Axazel In a closely fought battle that went deep into the final round Axazel forced his opponent to tap with a superb triangle.

They all receive the new bonus of $5k for their efforts.

Josh Lang , Dave Batista , and Jin Axazel all receive an extra $2k for winning 100% rated fights.

Full review to follow shortly.

LFC Lightweight Champion Bruce Lee was in attendance for IMMA 40

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/33/33w11.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20140810230821LFCCB4_zpsff90ceb7.png

Bruce Lee

I can't believe I'm even saying this but I was routing for "The Can" tonight. It was satisfying to see him put a beat down on that "Bumm" From one Island vet to another, good job! Now for Bumm, I was going to call him out to settle the score but after seeing him get beat down like that I dont even feel right picking on him.

• Upvote 2

Gunnar Grimsson

Congrats for Jack Silver, clearly a better fighter. It's time for me to retire, i'm going to open a barbeque bar and every impact fighter is welcome !

I know I'm a little too late but respect for standing toe to toe with me. Before you sail off into the sunset, come down to Sully's and have a beer with me!! Was an honour to step into the cage with you. I seemed to have earned myself a few bonuses so beers on me!!!

.....Beer...?

Dude... You have a fight coming up!!

Ahhh, I ain't worried about Jebodiah Springfield! When i beat him down, I'm gonna celebrate with a celebratory beer then go after that smelly cheating Mazzuca who got his @$$ knocked out.... Yeah i said it!! *&^%$#@! smelly cheat.... (incoherent rambling)...

IMMA Private Gym update

I have a very reliable manager aleady in place and we are just sorting out the minor details to open a new gym for the orgs exclusive use to replace the previous one which will be closing shortly. We plan to open the gym in around 7 days time or less, so hopefully anyone who is already in the old org gym won't be messed around too much looking for new gyms or relocating etc.

The gym will be set up very similar with a cap of 45 and 13 Elite coaches to keep the class sizes low and giving a lot of managers a chance to get some decent training whilst they are signed to Impact MMA. The gym will be open to all fighters who have a contract with IMMA and will have a weekly fee of $1000. If anyone would like to take a place in the gym please send me a pm to register your interest and hopefully it can be sorted out with a gym invite in the next few days.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w20.jpg

Robert Mazzuca

"Liam McGuiness, if I was you I would just shut the hell up. Yes, I got KOed, and I don't have any excuses for it. All I can say is I will punch a hole through your face if you don't stop calling me a cheater for no reasons at all. Thing is, I'm twice the fighter you are, so you wouldn't even stand a chance in a cage with me you drunk little piece of shit."

• Upvote 2