Impact (235k+ restricted) - The Official Smack Talk Thread.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w20.jpg

Robert Mazzuca

"Liam McGuiness, what the fuck is wrong with you? You sounds fucking retarded, I don't think you're fit for MMA. At least you shouldn't address the public when you're piss drunk, asshole.

I can't believe you're picking a fight with me, you know you're getting KOed in that fight, you're no match for me. I guess it's going to be good on my morale once I get a quick finish, but not as satisfactory when it comes from a no name dumbass like you."

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b6.jpg

JIN AXAZEL:

" Jack the lumberJack if he ever fought me he would be tapping on the mat. Now I see you are trying to make a name for yourself child, I too intend to get a name. I want to fight you Jack, I really want to fight you. Homosexuality is a sin Jack you and Liam need to stop what you are doing and see the light of our LORD.... I doubt you will submit to god as easily you will submit to me Jack.... hahaha sign the contract"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w29.jpg VS http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/3/3w9.jpg

LAMOTTA IRVIN

THE REMATCH

The last time these two men men it was LaMotta who came out victorious with a first round KO to end Irvins 9 fight undefeated streak as well as take his Light-heavyweight Championship. LaMotta then went on to lose the belt in his first title defense to AG Pennypacker, then bounced back with a 3 round bloody war with rival Jimmy Sheppard, who may be forced to retire due to the injuries suffered from LaMotta. Irvin has also had 2 fights since his fight with LaMotta, winning both by TKO. Both men are coming into this fight with a lot of momentum and the winner could be a fight or so away from their chance to reclaim the title.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14030102354337.jpg

Timothy "Red Dragon" Robinson (238177)

Not long to go now before i face my toughest challenge once again in Sigurd Lodbrok. Last time we fought i took him down and was unable to capitalize. Well i have been working hard and bounced back with a big win over veteran The Can. But Lodbrok can derail my momentum once again.

I can't let that happen. Lodbrok, i hope you're ready because i am!

IMMA 41 preview

265+lbs John "Islander" Doe(13-6-0){0-1-0} vs Calm Like A Bomb(9-0-0){1-0-0}

Doe made his debut for Impact in his last fight and nearly walked away with a huge upset. He managed to knockdown Xezeron in the first round but got a little too carried away and dived on the ground to finish him off which Xezeron made him pay for dearly. Doe is an explosive Muay Thai clinch fighter that has 13 wins to his name, all them by T/KO and most of them being first round victories.

Bomb has an amazing 9 fight win streak to his name and made his debut 3 months ago at Impact. Since that win he split with his former manager and was quickly snatched up by another. This is a big fight for Bomb as it is his first under his new management and he’ll want to do well to prove he is worth the time and effort his manager has already put in. Bomb is also an excellent Muay Thai fighter but has the advantage of a higher belt in bjj. He hasn't used it in previous fights but with that amount of training who knows what Bomb's skills will be like now. I should imagine Doe will come out and take the fight to Bomb, looking to control the fight and land some big punches or elbows and end the fight quickly. I'm not too sure of Bomb's tactics but it will be interesting to see what he's learnt in 3 months training.

My prediction: I'll stick my neck out and go with the pure power of Doe to take this one in the 2nd round. Doe by TKO in round 2.

205lbs Jake "The Raging Bull" LaMotta(6-2-0){6-1-0} vs James "Sandman" Irvin(11-1-0){7-1-0}

This is a fight that fans have been waiting a long time to see. Both fighters have only ever lost 1 fight in their careers when they have tried to defend their titles. These two have met on a previous occasion as said by Skull in his great mini preview of the fight earlier in the smack talk. Irvin is deadly in the clinch whilst LaMotta prefers to fight at a distance although he more than capable of fighting up close too. In their last match LaMotta caught Irvin with a big right hand. Irvin has gone on from his loss to set up a 2 fight win streak so I'm sure he'll want to add LaMotta to that tally too. This will likely be a big bloody battle which the fans will love.

My prediction: Irvin has a lot of momentum at the moment but LaMotta has also just put away a tough fighter. This really could go either way.

155lbs Timothy "Red Dragon" Robinson(7-2-0){2-1-0} vs Sigurd "Snake-in-the-Eye" Lodbruk(4-2-0){1-1-0}

Time for these two contenders to meet again with Robinson looking to avenge his loss to Lodbruk. In their last bout Robinson was successful in getting the takedown but couldn't take advantage of the position Due to Lodbruk's excellent defending. It finished with Lodbruk KO-ing Robinson deep in to the second round. Both fighters have only lost once at Impact, both to the same opponent. It's been 2 months since they last met, that's a fair amount of time for both fighters to have trained any weakness that may have shown up in their bout and I imagine this fight to be even closer than the last one.

My prediction: Such a difficult fight to call, Lodbruk is such a slippery customer on the ground with some huge KO power but Robinson is a real tactician and can find submissions from almost anywhere. I think Robinson might just take this one as he is determined to avenge his loss. Robison by submission in round 3.

205lbs Robert " Mech" Dobczynski(7-4-0){1-0-0) vs Olek "The Damned" Skilgannon(6-4-0){4-4-0}

Dobczynski walked away with an impressive win on his debut in his last fight taking home Sub of the night in the process. With 6 out of his 7 wins coming by way of submission it's no secret to what his game plan will be tonight.

Skilgannon has virtually identical skills to his opponent and also likes to win by submission. He also has some pretty impressive stats of his own with 5 out of 6 wins coming from submissions. This could be a very cautious and slow fight tonight with both opponents knowing one tiny mistake could mean victory for their opponent.

My prediction: There really is nothing between these fighters and it's just impossible for me to call it but we're probably looking at Sub of the night that's for sure.

155lbs Lex Layser(7-2-0){3-1-0} vs Louis "The Freak" Friedlander(2-1-0){1-1-0}

Layser is currently on a 2 fight win streak after his initial debut loss, obviously just first fight nerves which he has long since put behind him. Another win tonight will see him knocking on the door of the bigger contenders and thoughts of a title fight in the future could start to be on his mind.

Friedlander is coming off the back of a loss to the talented Jeffery Winshire. His manager has done a great job at re-building his fighters morale and getting him into top condition for tonight’s fight. Both fighters have purple belts in bjj but Layser has a small wrestling advantage while Friedlander has a striking advantage. We haven't seen Friedlander use his striking ability properly yet with both his wins coming by submission but the thought may have crossed his mind tonight and he might look to take his opponent by surprise.

My prediction: 2 very similar fighters but I think Friedlander could take this one if he is careful and can control the fight. Friedlander by decision.

170lbs Urban Horn(2-1-0){0-0-0} vs Bang Wuzz(3-1-0){2-1-0}

Horn is set to make his debut for Impact. He has already notched up 2 wins in a row from QFC's and is now ready to start his career in an org. Going from his previous fights he looks to be a good ground fighter with decent striking ability.

Wuzz has also had 2 wins on the run and has similar skills to his opponent. He will be giving up a striking advantage to his opponent but both fighters prefer to get their wins from submissions so both fighters should be as equal as they come. This is set to be Wuzz's last fight for Impact so he will be looking to make a big exit to say farewell to the fans.

My prediction: Horn could try and use his stand ups skills here but with both fighters being accomplished ground fighters I don't he could keep the fight on the feet for long. I think Wuzz's extra experience could help him tonight. Wuzz by decision.

155lbs Boros Monet(3-3-0){3-3-0} vs Toktogulovich Bakiyev(1-2-0){1-0-0}

After an impressive start Monet found himself quite high amongst the rankings and facing some very good fighters. It looks like it could possibly have been a bit too much for too early as he is currently on a 2 fight losing streak. A win tonight will see a much needed boost to his confidence and will be the start of him climbing the ranks again.

Bakiyev made his debut in his last fight and walk away with an impressive 1st round win. Both fighters are talented boxers and I can't see this fight being anything other than a toe to toe battle. Monet does have a slight advantage in MT but Bakiyev has a small wrestling advantage. This has all the ingredients to be a great fight and possibly take KO of the night too.

My prediction: There's not really anything to split these two fighters apart but I will still my neck out and go with the momentum of Bakiyev's current form. Bakiyev by TKO in round 2.

265+lbs "Gord" Pops McGee(3-3-0){1-2-0} vs "Mu" Le Muria(4-2-0){4-2-0}

McGee put an end to his 2 fight losing streak with an impressive 1st round KO in his last fight. His morale is improving but has still suffered from the losses (keeping him in new clothes rated (150) for a few days would improve it dramatically). McGee is a good old fashioned boxer with serious KO power, 2 out of his 3 wins have been by straight KO in the first round. Le Muria will have to be careful he doesn't walk into one of those punches if he wants to stay standing.

Le Muria has some KO power of his own managing to put away 3 of his 4 wins by straight knockout. He has so far only ever lost twice in his career and will be looking to add another win to his stats tonight. He does have a slight Muay Thai advantage over his opponent and we could see him try and use leg kicks to control the pace of the fight.

My prediction: Not much too choose between these fighters under normal circumstances but due to McGee's morale I think LeMuria could take the win tonight. LeMuria by TKO in round 2.

170lbs Ryder "Playboy" Hefner(0-0-0){0-0-0} vs Alex "Honey Badger" Jefferson(5-5-0){3-5-0}

Hefner will be making his first ever professional fight in the cage tonight. He looks to be a talented boxer with a decent amount of wrestling. He's in perfect condition and raring to go, looking to make a good impression with the fans and his manager alike.

Jefferson is an old timer here at Impact MMA with a total of 9 fights under his belt whilst being signed to the org. He has had quite a successful career so far but unfortunately seems to be having trouble keeping his win streak going as he climbs the ranks. Jefferson is a ground fighter with some particularly nasty GnP, if he can take Hefner to the floor, Hefner could be in serious trouble if Jefferson lands some of his big bombs.

My prediction: It should be a great fight with Hefner having a good chance of winning if he can defend against Jefferson's takedowns. Unfortunately Jefferson has over trained and he may just pay the price for that little error. Hefner by TKO in round 2.

155lbs Nathan Maskrey(4-4-0){1-4-0} vs Jared "Always Ready" Jared(0-2-0){0-1-0}

After a shaky start Maskrey seems to be finding his feet and scored a great first round submission a couple of fights ago. He is a good ground fighter who has recently made it through to the final rounds in TWGC. I think that has given him the confidence he needed to go on and start collecting some decent wins and climb the rankings.

Jared is a talented boxer with a blue belt in bjj. I think he will have to keep the fight standing at all costs tonight otherwise he could be tapping out in no time flat. However Maskrey will have to play it carefully too, one tiny mistake and it could see him on the wrong end of a big right hand with his lights switched firmly off.

My prediction: If the fight goes to the floor I think Maskrey will be too much for Jared. I think Jared is keen to make a good impression and may want the win more than Maskrey tonight but I could be easily proved wrong. Jared by TKO in round 2.

Normal bonuses of $2k for winning 100% rated fights and $5 for 'of the night' awards with an extra $5k bonus for the Fastest Finish. Fighters must finish their opponent in under 1 minute to qualify, fastest finish takes the bonus.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14030102354337.jpg

Timothy "Red Dragon" Robinson (238177)

What can i say?? Lorbrok, looks like you just have my number. I trained and trained and was in the best condition and you were able to once again catch me with your fist.

I HATE losing, but i have no excuse other than i once again couldn't capitalize. Both times we fought and both times we had the same result.

I'm gonna take a small break to recover and come back stronger than ever.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w29.jpg

JAKE LAMOTTA

Well that was a little harder than last time, Irvin had been working hard in the gym. Its too bad he decided to retire though, just because he couldn't beat me doesnt mean he is not a good fighter. There was still plenty of good match ups for him. But maybe it was his time to leave the sport. Dont know what the future has for me, my manager has brought up retirement since my injuries are really piling up, but I told him I still got a little gas left in the tank and aint ready to hang my glove up just yet. Still got 2 fights left on my contract and I will honor those, I know my time as Champion has come and gone but I will accept any fair match-ups.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13950837055729.jpg

Diego "The Gladiator" Bustamante

20 years old

265lbs+

4-1

"I got some news for Mr Fat Burger (4-3), I eat burgers for breakfast and I can't wait until I step inside that cage once more because I'm going to crush you. You wont be looking like a burger by the time I'm done with you, your face will be looking like Pâté covered in tomato sauce. The way I see it, you're just another stepping stone for me on my path to the Super Heavyweight title!"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13930191165468.jpg

Enrico Moya (170lbs)

"Scott Page? Who the hell is this unnamed fighter calling out the top fighters in the division? Make your way up the rankings like we all did, prick.

On another note, the Welterweight division is going to have a new champion on September 19th! I'm fighting Ken Masters for the belt, been working hard in the gym and I'm expecting him to come strong against me. Should be a great bout!

• Upvote 2

Page you little insect I've told you has soon as warren peace lands in the IMMA you will get a fight but it will be very short and very painful for you see you soon chump :-)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24w20.jpg

Robert Mazzuca

"Liam McGuiness, what the fuck is wrong with you? You sounds fucking retarded, I don't think you're fit for MMA. At least you shouldn't address the public when you're piss drunk, asshole.

I can't believe you're picking a fight with me, you know you're getting KOed in that fight, you're no match for me. I guess it's going to be good on my morale once I get a quick finish, but not as satisfactory when it comes from a no name dumbass like you."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14041311491144.jpg

"Lucky" Liam McGuiness (246080)

"no name dumbass"

Pfft, joke's on you! If i am a quote/unquote "no name dumbass" then WHAT THE FOOK is "LIAM MCGUINESS????"

Oh... That would be my NAME! So if my NAME is Liam McGuiness, how could i be "no name?"

Who's the dumbass now?

(Liam McGuiness walks off with a smug smile on his face)

Dumbass... hehe... He said "ass"... (giggles)

Edited by jhinh

IMMA 41 review

265+lbs Calm Like a Bomb vs John Doe

Doe came out of his corner looking to take the fight to Bomb. It looked like his game plan was to clinch up and then work over Bomb but Bomb was being a little more cautious and defended against the clinch well whilst landing some counter punches. Doe was starting to take some big punches and needed to get into the clinch if he was to still have a chance at taking the victory. Bomb landed with a massive right hand that knocked Doe to the floor and followed up with hammer fists until the ref jumped in. A good first fight for Bomb under new management, I'm sure we haven't yet seen all that Doe has to offer and once he finds his rhythm I think we will see a completely different fighter.

Winner: Bomb by TKO(strikes) in round 1

205lbs LaMotta vs Irvin

LaMotta controlled the action in the first round pretty well, landing some good punches. Irvin seemed to big looking for a big finish trying to land a decent head kick but didn't get much joy. He did take the fight into the clinch and did quite well with his knees and even cut LaMotta at one point but LaMotta still managed to defend well and land some good punches. In round 2 LaMotta stepped it up a gear and knocked Irvin down twice, Irvin bravely continued and took the fight into the safety of the clinch until the end of the round. In the final round LaMotta knocked Irvin down again and made sure he was in the right place as he got back to his feet and finished him off with a lovely right hook. A great fight by LaMotta which saw Irvin and his management part company.

Winner: LaMotta by TKO(strikes) in round 3

155lbs Lodbruk vs Robinson

Robinson very quickly took the fight to the floor, Lodbruk defended well and kept control and didn't give Robinson any chance to make an impact. Before long the ref stood them up and let the fight continue. Robinson wasn't as fortunate with his takedown attempts for the rest of the round and Lodbruk kept chipping away with some decent jabs and punches. Lodbruk did catch Robinson with a beautiful head kick towards the end of the round but to Robinson's credit he quickly got back up and continued the fight. It took Robinson deep into the second round before he could successfully get a takedown, once again Lodbruk worked his magic and controlled Robinson well forcing a ref stand up. Robinson took a few big shots to the head before getting caught with another head kick which put him out cold on the floor. A great fight by both fighters.

Winner: Lodbruk by KO(head kick) in round 2

205lbs Skilgannon vs Dobczynski

There wasn't too much between these fighters but it was Skilgannon's takedowns that made the difference at the end of 3 rounds. He had much more success than Dobczynski when it came to taking the fight to the floor. Once on the floor they were so equally matched that neither could really take advantage. Both fighters made good attempts at submissions and at ground strikes but in the end it was down to the judges who awarded Skilgannon the win. A nice victory for Skilgannon.

Winner: Skilgannon by unanimous decision.

155lbs Friedlander vs Layser

Another fight which went the distance. Layser really took control of the fight and decided where the fight would take place in the first two rounds, moving from the clinch to the floor. Friedlander defended well but wasn't able to attempt any submissions or GnP himself. In the 3rd round Friedlander really came to life and took control of the action but he was unable to get the finish and it was left to the judges who decided Layser's performance in the first 2 rounds was enough.

Winner: Layser by unanimous decision.

170lbs Wuzz vs Horn

Horn came out looking to fight but unfortunately for him, Wuzz seemed to have the edge when the fight was on the floor. Wuzz was so active that Horn had defend a lot of the time and wasn't able to attempt too many submissions. Horn did land some good strikes in the brief time that they were standing but in the end, Wuzz was just too much this time and caught Horn in a Kimura with just 1 second to go in the final round.

Winner: Wuzz by submission(Kimura) in round 3)

155lbs Bakiyev vs Monet

Monet came out looking for a big finish, he mainly threw big combinations mixed up with a few leg kicks. Bakiyev showed some class and initiative by standing back a little letting Monet punch himself out whilst catching him with some decent counter punches. It ended up going the distance with the judges scoring Bakiyev the winner. Bakiyev has now started a small 2 fight win streak since signing up to Impact.

Winner: Bakiyev by unanimous decision.

265+lbs LeMuria vs McGee

McGee was desperate to clinch in the first half of the opening round, LeMuria was well prepared and peppered him with some big counter punches at every attempt he made at clinching. McGee decided to try and take the fight to the ground with LeMuria defending well against them. A big cross landed for LeMuria out of nowhere and then he quickly followed it up two more massive shots putting McGee out cold on the canvas. A great finish by LeMuria.

Winner: LeMuria by KO(punches) in round 1.

170lbs Hefner vs Jeferson

Hefner showed some great defending skills against Jeferson's takedowns. Jeferson was relentless and was determined to take the fight to the floor, Hefner defended well and some good punches as he pushed Jeferson away. After Jeferson's final takedown attempt Hefner caught him a perfect combination putting his opponent on the floor. The ref quickly jumped in and had seen enough. An impressive debut for Hefner.

Winner: Hefner by TKO(strikes) in round 1.

155lbs Battle vs Maskrey

After a few seconds of trading punches with Battle coming off slightly better, Maskrey took the fight to the floor and potentially a dangerous place for Battle to be. Maskrey tried to improve his position so he could look for a submission but the ref felt he wasn't active enough and stood the fight up. Battle defended against 3 more takedown attempts and then connected with a couple of big punches before finally knocking down Maskrey with a right hook. As he got back to his feet Battle finished the job with a huge uppercut and turned out Maskreys lights.

Winner: Battle by KO(punch) in round 1.

Coming soon, IMMA 42 preview

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16b5.jpg

Bobby Turner

So my debut fight is agreed for IMMA 46 and boy am I excited!! Me and my camp have been training hard and with just under a month to go I already feel ready to step into the cage and do some damage! I'll be training hard, keeping fit and getting stronger in prepartion to show you guys what I am made of! Joseph Foster, you better be ready boy! I'm coming for you!

IMMA 42 preview

taking place tonight at the Hard Knocks arena, London.

155lbs The Can(15-5-0){1-1-0} vs Jeffrey "The Proper" Winshire(5-0-0){3-0-0}

The Can is making his last appearance for Impact MMA. He unfortunately lost his first fight against the talented Timothy Robinson who proved to be just too much for him on the ground but he then went on to wow the fans with another impressive victory over Beach Bumm. Tonight we will see him go up against Winshire who is currently on a 3 fight win streak after defeating some talented ground fighters. The Can will probably look to take control early in the fight and take it to the safety of the clinch where the Can does what he does best. Winshire has already overcome much more skilled fighters than himself and will look to take the fight to the ground before he takes too much damage.

My prediction: Both are very good fighters and could easily take the win but I think The Can may have the slight edge in tonight's bout. The Can by Tko in round 3.

265+lbs Maximillian Xezeron(6-2-0){6-2-0} vs Dave "The Beast" Batista(7-4-0){1-0-0}

Xezeron is a superb Muay Thai fighter with only 2 losses in his career to his name, both title fight opportunities and both times to Josh Lang. Xezeron will probably be looking to make short work of his opponent tonight in attempt to rebuild some confidence and prove to himself and the fans that he is still the #1 contender and still deserves a shot at taking the belt from Lang.

Batista made an impressive debut in his last fight taking KO of the night in the second round. He also is talented Muay Thai fighter but will have his work cut out tonight as Xezeron is known for thinking on his feet and taking opportunities as they come up.

My prediction: I think I'll have to go with the fans favourite Xezeron, he's able to mix it up well and keep his opponents guessing. Xezeron by Tko in round 2.

265+lbs Sewy Cide(5-1-0){4-0-0} vs Clinchy "Clichier than your Ex" McClinch(6-2-0){6-2-0}

This is a fight I've been waiting a long time to see, two talented youngsters breaking into the top contender spots and keen to get a title shot. Sewy Cide is a powerhouse of a boxer with deadly KO power. He is currently on a 4 fight win streak at Impact MMA (5 fights overall) and his opponents have yet to make it out of the first round.

McClinch is a nasty clinch fighter with great knees and KO power. He has only lost twice in his career so far, once to the now title holder Lang and the last time by an unexpected submission. He has excellent strength and is almost impossible to break his clinch. Once you are in his grips, normal the only way out is by hitting the canvas out cold.

My prediction: There isn't too much between these fighters although they have very different styles they both do their job equally well. McClinch's morale isn't quite up to the max but I doubt it will have a huge impact on the result. I don't think I can pick a winner from these two tonight.

265+lbs Fat "Mayonnaise" Burger(4-3-0){4-3-0} vs Diego "The Gladiator" Bustamante(4-1-0){1-0-0}

Next up are a couple of my favourite fighters. Burger probably has the deadliest elbows in the org while Bustamante has a dangerous right hand that can drop opponents in a flash. Burger had a great run of 4 wins in a row which saw him climb to the top of rankings. He then went up against McClinch and Sewy Cide and didn't quite look as good as his normal form. Hopefully tonight he will be 100% focussed and give Bustamante a run for his money.

Bustamante made his debut in his last bout and walked away with a win in style by knocking his opponent out in the first round. Bustamante looks to be comfortable fighting at a distance or up close in the clinch but it will be interesting to see if he's will to get up close and personal with Burger in the clinch with Burger's fight stopping elbows.

My prediction: Bustamante is a clever fighter who adapts quickly to his opponents skills, Burger has some serious raw power that will leave his opponents out cold it they lose focus for a split second. Too tough for me to call in this one.

170lbs Trev "Yetti" Hartley(5-3-1){4-3-1} vs Shapovolov "The Titan" Sokoloff(5-3-0){3-3-0}

After an up and down start to his career at Impact Hartley is now starting to string together some decent wins to put himself on the start of a nice win streak. He has the advantage of having some decent striking capabilities along with the eye to land some great submissions.

Sokoloff has 4 of his 5 wins coming from submissions and will look to take the fight down as early as possible to avoid getting caught by Hartley's right hand. His morale is starting to get pretty low after his last loss and wearing the same magic white's for 8 fights. Some new clothes from his manager will have his morale sorted within 4 or 5 days but with it in this state really could harm his result here tonight.

My prediction: It should have been a good test of both fighters but I think Hartley's morale will help him get a quick win tonight. Hartley by TKO in round 2.

265+lbs Gabryel Catchmaer(2-1-0){1-1-0} vs "The Hamburger Helper" Jucal Jabneel(1-0-0){0-0-0}

Catchmaer unfortunately lost his debut fight to Sewy Cide as he was climbing the ranks. But he certainly put the record straight and gave us a glimpse of his talents with a career ending KO punch in his last fight against Tom Jones.

Jabneel will be making his debut for Impact later tonight. He has only had 1 fight in his career so far where he scored a comfortable victory thanks to his heavy GnP strikes, knocking his opponent out in the first round. Catchmaer may have the edge if he can keep the fight standing but even though he has the same bjj belt as Jabneel, he will have to be very careful of Jabneel's excellent wrestling skills.

My prediction: This should be a great fight but I think Jabneel will have the edge if he can get an early takedown. Jabneel by TKO in round 3.

265+lbs Junior "Beast" Nog(1-1-0){1-0-0} vs "The Mammoth" Mats Thorenson(2-2-0){2-1-0}

Nog walked away with a victory on his debut in his last bout by landing some impressive punches knocking his opponent out in the first round. Thorenson was not quite so fortunate on his debut but has more than made it for it recent fights and he finds himself on a 2 fight win streak. Thorenson is more comfortable fighting on the canvas and dropping some big bombs whilst I suspect Nog will look to try and keep the fight standing while looking for an opportunity to land a big punch to finish his opponent.

My prediction: This should be a close fight and a great test for both fighters. Thorenson has the slight edge in my opinion with slightly more experience than his opponent. Thorenson by decision.

170lbs "The Eternal President" Kim II Sung (1-1-0){0-0-0} vs Bang Ding Ow(1-2-0){1-1-0}

Sung is another new comer joining the ranks of Impact MMA. He is a great all round fighter who hasn't had too many fights in his career just yet with just 1 win and 1 loss. His win came by submission but he also has the skills to mix it up if he should wish.

Ow has had 2 fights at Impact, a superb submission victory in his first fight with a loss from a decision in his last fight. Ow is also a talented all-rounder, he has a slight striking advantage of his opponent but this fight could easily just be a battle on the ground.

My prediction: With not much being known about Sung and Ow not having too many fights under his belt either, this one is too difficult for me to call but should be a great fight.

265lbs Academy Division Storman Norman(0-0-0){0-0-0} vs James Bartles(0-0-0){0-0-0}

This will be the first ever bout from two youngsters who joined Impact's Academy Division a few weeks ago. They are both 18 years of age and have yet to take their first professional fight. Norman looks to have trained hard in Muay Thai skills and has been working hard on his wrestling technique whilst Bartles looks to be more of a ground fighter who has specialised in bjj with a decent amount of wrestling technique. I think Norman will look to keep the fight standing and could even take the fight to the clinch to give his opponent a working over. Bartles will probably take the fight to the floor in attempt to submit or knock out his opponent with some GnP.

My prediction: Very difficult to tell with these youngsters but if Norman can hold his ground and keep the fight standing he should walk away with a win. Norman by TKO in round 2.

155lbs Ricardo "Light Sleeper" Dias(3-1-0){3-1-0} vs "The African Tornado" Abedisi Mahamud(0-3-0){0-2-0}

Dias had notched up a 3 fight win streak until his last fight where he suffered a loss inside the clinch. His morale is a little dented but nothing too much to worry about and it will be interesting to see how he comes back after his loss.

Mahamud hasn't had the best of starts to his career so far and has been unable to find his rhythm and get a win under his belt. Mahamud is a talented striker with a huge heart and will be looking for his first victory tonight otherwise he may have to think about his training strategy. His manager has done an impeccable job of managing his morale and he will step in to the cage in fantastic shape tonight.

My prediction: They both have good striking ability but I think Mahamud will have more motivation for the win tonight. Mahamud by TKO in round 3.

• Upvote 1

Impact MMA Rankings at 31st August

155lbs

1) Paul Landen - champion (new entry)

2) Sigurd Lodbrok (new entry)

3) Pale Monster (- 1)

4)Chan Sung Aoki (+ 1)

5) Mac McNulty (new entry)

170lbs

1) Andokuhle Congo (new entry)

2) Ronaldo Souza - champion (no move)

3) Daisuke Takemura (no move)

4) Ken Masters (- 3)

5) Enrico Moya (-1)

205lbs

1) Jake LaMotta (+ 1)

2) AG Pennypacker - champion (- 1)

3) Timo Kahuna (new entry)

4) Sisu Okunaba (+1)

5) James Irvin (-1)

265 Academy Division

1) James Bartles

2) Randy Bobandy

3) Bobby Turner

4) Costea Dinescu

5) Errol Del Frances

265+lbs

1) Josh Lang - champion (no move)

2) Maximillian Xezeron (no move)

3) Calm Like A Bomb (+ 2)

4) Sewy Cide (new entry)

5) Mark McCain (new entry)

Top 10 pound for pound fighters at Impact MMA- p4p

1) Josh Lang 940

2) Andokuhle Congo 1369

3) Paul Landen 1567

4) Jake LaMotta 1655

5) Maximillian Xezeron 1747

6) Ronaldo Souza 1985

7) Calm Like A Bomb 2102

8) Daisuke Takemura 2143

9) Sewy Cide 2196

10) Sigurd Lodbrok 2285

Most fights in org

Alex Jeferson (10)
Vinnie Haz (10)
Nick Dick (10)
Jimmy Sheppard (9)
Maximillian Xezeron (9)
Jimmy Karl (9)
James Irvin (9)
Olek Skilgannon (9)
Trev Hartley (9)
Clinchy McClinch (9)

Most wins in org

James Irvin (7)
Jake LaMotta (7)
Maximillian Xezeron (7)
Clinchy McClinch (6)
Nick Dick (6)
Pale Monster (6)
Enrico Moya (5)
Mark McCain (5)
Jimmy Sheppard (5)
Sewy Cide (5)

Most KO wins in org

Jake LaMotta (6)
Nick Dick (5)
Le Muria (5)
Sewy Cide (5)
Jimmy Sheppard (5)
Clinchy McClinch (5)
James Irvin (5)
Joey Kocur (5)
Fat Burger (4)
Lucas Pierce (4)

Most sub wins in org

Pale Monster (5)
Ronaldo Souza (4)
Shapovolov Sokoloff (4)
Zurab Sergeev (3)
Maximillian Xezeron (3)
Santa Claus (3)
Jimmy Karl (3)
Olek Skilgannon (3)
Bang Wuzz (2)
Django Freeman (2)

Fights & Awards

Total fights until yesterday: 428
KOs: 222 (51.9%)
Subs: 95 (22.2%)
Decisions: 110 (25.7%)
Draws: 1 (0.2%)
Total awards: 172
Total fight of the night awards: 88
Total sub of the night awards: 41
Total KO of the night awards: 43
Total award pay: $389,000.00

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w29.jpg

Jake LaMotta

With Impact coming to an end here soon I have decided that it is time for me to leave now rather than wait. I would like to thank Impacts management for giving me a shot. I've been able to accomplish a lot in my time at Impact: the first and only man to beat James Irvin (not once but twice), the 2nd Light heavyweight champion in Impact history, currently tied for most wins (7) in Impact , and holds the current record for most KO's (6) in Impact. If there was a Impact HOF I should definitely be in it. With that said I'd like to wish all the fighters the best of luck. I will be continuing my career with HEAVY WEIGHT PRIZE FIGHTING should anyone be interested

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w18.jpg

"Lumber" Jack Silver (247679)

Not long from now, i will be fighting Cas Maverick. Now i bounced back after my loss to Mazzuca with a beautiful flying knee but now i face a tough opponent in Maverick who is coming off a loss since beating my good friend Liam McGuiness. This is anyone's fight and i know how dangerous Maverick's hands can be. Which is why when we step into the cage...

(interrupting) YOU'LL WHOOP HIS ASS!!!!!!!!! JUST LIKE I WILL DO TO THAT SMELLY HAIRY UGLY MAZZUCA!!!!!

Seriously, dude? Can you stop interrupt...

That's right, Cas Maverick!! My boy Jack here will make mince meat of you!! He's gonna carve you up, slice you open and eat your for breakfast!!!

(facepalm) Liam.......

Which is exactly what I'm gonna do to you Mazzuca, you smelly good-fer-nuthin cheating bastard!!!! Tell them Jacky boy!! You gonna knock him out!!

FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

Er, yes. We are signed to an MMA org to fight. That's the idea, isn't it? Anyway Cas, sorry about my friend here. He get's a bit excited sometimes. I'll see you in the cage soon enough. Let's make it a good one!

FIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!!! RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Liam McGuiness continues to babble incoherently as Jack Silver walks off)