Gustafsson vs Manuwa Discussion

Deuce7

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs Manuwa is upcoming this weekend, so let's discuss.................

Alexander Gustafsson vs Jimi Manuwa

I'm sure we are pretty much all in agreement that Gustafsson should win this one easily. Manuwa is good, but at 34 I don't see him getting too many opportunities at anyone in the top 5 let alone a title show. He is still a solid fighter, but could be reaching gatekeeper status very soon.

Melvin Guillard vs MIchael Johnson

This could be a barn-burner of a fight. I can't figure out Johnson sometimes. He has looked very good in his last two fights, but that was after two total stink-bombs. Guillard needs a W after the disaster/confusion for the "illegal" knee against Pearson, but who knows which Guillard will show up.

Gunnar Nelson vs Omari Akhmedov

Very intriguing fight in my opinion. Nelson is coming off of a year long injury layoff, but that aside he has been very impressive against some UFC veterans. Ahkmedov made a hell of a statement in his UFC showcasing a quality ground game early on while displaying his knockout power to finish the fight.

Alexander Gustaffson vs Jimi Manuwa- Gus should win this fight, I think Manuwa wont get blown out of the water or anything but this is too big a step up from Jimmo. I do see Manuwa as a guy ranked around 5-7 in the future but he is going to lose this fight.

Melvin Guillard vs Michael Johnson- I think Michael outworks Melvin in this one. Both have been very inconsistent but Johnson really impressed me in his last two fights, I think what he did to Tibau is overlooked but nobody in the UFC had done that to Gleison before, even Khabib didnt look to gret against him in their fight.

Gunnar Nelson vs Omari Akhmedov- Im still not completely sold on Gunnar yet, he didnt really impress me against Santiago but I think he takes this one here. Both are decent prospects but I think Gunnar is a little more technical.

also hopefully Pickett looks good at FLW. He is matched up with a can but he could be a fun addition to FLW as long as the cut goes OK

• Downvote 1

Gust vs Man - Jimmy better deal with that range! Gust has some top top boxing but I don't see him taking Jimmy out with one big shot .... However i could see Jimmy crumpling Gus if he does connect ... He hits like a fucking truck and a real fight i wanna see is Jimmy vs Glover .... This is a pick um .... Does Jimmy land or not is the question so I see it being his fight to lose

Jimmy KO first round

Guillard v johnson - Both have big egos ... I see Guillard being far to athletic for Johnson and picking up the win. He is the far superior athlete i just hope he shows up ... when he is on he is one of the best fighters in the world.

Gunnar vs Akh - Gunnar wins by sub in 2nd .... its natural for Akh to shoot and if he manages to deal with Gunnars nutty stand up and gets him down he only fucked himself .... Gunnar is unplayable on the mats ...

Gunnar sub round 3 ... hopefully off his back

Oh ye of little faith .... I LOVE BRAD PICKETT .... but to call his fight a wash is a big mistake ... Neil Seery is no bum .... This guy has been doing it for years and the "octagon jitters" just wont exist for him .... This is a very real fight and my odds on favorite for fight of the night

im starting to get very excited for the 170 and 205 weightclasses in ufc, i just wish there were more people for bones to fight, then we could see if hes the real deal or if hes cherry picking to his advantage

DC is a big threat for Jones right now.

im starting to get very excited for the 170 and 205 weightclasses in ufc, i just wish there were more people for bones to fight, then we could see if hes the real deal or if hes cherry picking to his advantage

Cherry picking to his advantage?

No one besides GSP has fought the murderers row of challengers that he has.

Cherry picking to his advantage?

No one besides GSP has fought the murderers row of challengers that he has.

I said "WE" because i think hes the real deal but apparently a lot of people hate him... "We = The tycoon community" (hell my votes were wasted on him in the LHW forum game because he got so many negs) imo he beat Gustafsson i hope they fight again. He seems to be the best fighter p4p

• Upvote 1