The World Cup 2014 Thread

GBK16

Agree with shiftas, I was expecting Croatia to be tough to beat but they still surprised me. They dominated in midfield especially in the 2nd half.

I think the keeper thing is 50/50, GK's are OVER protected in general atm (see yesterdays game) but from one agnle it looked a foul, from another it didnt.

The peno was rightly given I think, especially in real time, I would've given it if I was ref.

Overall happy with the entertainment the game provided also!

Not to that extent. I put a bet on Netherlands to win by at least 2 goals to start with though so a nice bit of income for me :) Thought it would be either 2-0 or 3-1 to Netherlands.

I was tempted by a 3-1 bet and also a hat trick for RVP but I thought I was just being silly, plus my mates were giving me a bit of grief over it. I often put a couple of quid on strange outcomes, rarely do I pull it off though. One of my mates got a good payout when he put a couple of pounds on Belgium going undefeated in 98, shame none of us thought New Zealand could do that last time, reckon the odds could have been nice on that.

this world cup has to have had one of the best openiong round of games iv seen robben gunna run this world cup what a match.

Not bad, predictions for England tomorrow?

England 3-1 Italy

Think if are youngsters attack rather than worry about italy but pirlo needs to be stopped one of my fave players

The refereeing so far has been at times atrocious. Where the hell did they get all these useless ref's. The Holland vs Spain game was a typical top level match though with proper European refereeing. I think Holland and Spain should make it through the next round with ease (despite the bad result for Spain)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gunna be tuff for Spain if chillie score early the will park the bus.

I don't mind Wiltshire me better than horenderson. JT has a good season but think we have the right CB's to get us through glen Johnson is my worry he is so turd