Anderson Silva signs new 15 fight ufc contract....!?!

bjornmma1

He wouldnt fulfill the previous one, so this one is just bait for fans to jump on his bandwagon again saying "Owww, this dude is a fighter! He loves to fight and thats only thing he cares about!"

Silly attempt, which makes me dislike him even more now...

• Downvote 1

i don't really see the point of signing an additional 8 fights on top of his current 7 fight deal ...

someone explain me please ?

There is one reason...or probably millions of them. All of them looks the same thou -> $$$

Money it is always about money in business.

This will not give him anything to help him in his negotiations with Adidas i mean lets face it they are not stupid. A 39 year old fighter who takes roughly 2 fights a year is not gonna finish the contract. In all honesty chances are he was renegotiating his contract prolly something to do with him not being champion anymore. The 15 fights thing is prolly Anderson as he said winding up his family and to get a bit of media attention to himself.

As far as Chris saying $$$ errr what else do you expect him to fight for free? Everything is about the $ in sports. You have a limited time to make as much money as you can before your career is over and as far as i am concerned any fighter who chooses the money is smarter than the man who fights for pride. Shit even Conor has a new big contract and was rather vocal about it... i don't see you jumping all over him.

Im not saying its bad. Damn smart move on his part. He's putting he health on the line, I wouldn't expect him to do it for free. It just silly that -as you said - hes looking for media attention. He is Anderson Freakin Silva. He would get as much attention as he wants, without stupid, unrealistic move like that.

Without seeing the contractual terms it is difficult to determine whether this is a gimmick or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the contract aims to:

1) Ensure that Silva is never anything and anyone other than UFC.

2) Include terms relating to the usage of his name, his likeness, etc and so forth in any and all UFC owned materials (such as computer games, toys, shirts, etc) for the duration of his contract with UFC.

3) Control his interaction with media, etc and so forth.

4) Give a cut to the UFC when he undoubtedly releases an autobiography, potential documentary/biopic, etc.

In short, I would expect this is a goodwill contract more than a fight contract exclusively.

• Upvote 1

This contract basically locks him in with the UFC so he can't retire from professional MMA and then come out of retirement and fight for another organisation.

Exactly. This is the UFC buying out the rest of his career and preventing him from being poached. He's not necessarily going to fight 15 times again (highly unlikely I think), but if he DOES fight again, it'll be with the UFC.

That, and it probably came with a nice signing bonus.

Exactly. This is the UFC buying out the rest of his career and preventing him from being poached. He's not necessarily going to fight 15 times again (highly unlikely I think), but if he DOES fight again, it'll be with the UFC.

That, and it probably came with a nice signing bonus.

This is most definitely what it is about.

Soo...we all agree that Bellator somehow, someway got to UFC's head, with signings of their HoF members? UFC decided that they can't allow that to happen anymore and let Bellator ride on UFC's hype?