Fantasy Baseball 2015

Deuce7

Team Smith – suit3cas3nuk3

Top 3 Picks: Miguel Cabrera, Stephen Strasburg, Evan Gattis

Steal: Yordano Ventura, Round 14

Sleeper: Rusney Castillo, Round 13

Overall: A solid start to the draft for nuk3 turned into a bit of a grab bag shortly after round 4, possibly reaching on a few players (Wong, Betts) and putting a little faith in mid-season performances/call-ups (Rusney Castillo). They could struggle in the beginning of the season, but could turn into one of the hottest teams around June and should expect big things from Castillo once he makes his big league debut. Behind Strasburg, nuk3 has Verlander (who could be another steal if he comes close to former Cy Young days) and Yordano Ventura who could be the Royals ace by July and put up huge strikeout numbers for nuk3’s team.

Conclusion: nuk3 needs to have a little patience with his team and fight through the struggles and headaches the first month or so could cause because he could be reaping the benefits later on in the season.

Sorry for the delay on the team reviews over the last few days everyone. I have been a little busier with work and other real life things and have not had the time I expected to have to write these. The last two teams will be up tomorrow.

As some of you may have read Deuce's assessment of my team I have a very deep lineup but a weak pitching staff. Currently the only closer I have is Latroy Hawkins and my starting pitching isn't great outside of Scherzer. If you have a closer and/or a starting pitcher you're willing to trade let's make a deal. I got Cespedes and Zobrist that I'm willing to trade but im open to other deals.

Put it on the Board……….Yes! – bijakonja

Conclusion: bijakonja knew what he was doing and it shows. While most of us went heavy on starting pitching, so he saw an opportunity with relievers and could turn that into a solid chance at the playoffs.

You read me like a book. I like HRs and RBIs as well as let you guys fight over the starting pitching while I gobbled up the closers. Guilty as charged.... Great assessment.

BBX Dawgs – twookool

Top 3 Picks: Clayton Kershaw, Felix Hernandez, Hanley Ramirez

Steal: Tyson Ross, Round 9

Sleeper: Wil Myers, Round 18

Overall: His team may not hit for a high average, but power should be a given when you have Chris Carter and Hanley Ramirez on your team. A lot of us could be kicking our selves if Wil Myers returns to his rookie year form and score a lot of runs in front of Justin Upton and Matt Kemp. Drafting Kershaw and Hernandez, two of the best pitchers in the game, could pay off huge in the wins and strikeouts categories for twookool and his team should claim them each week. Add Tyson Ross, who had somewhat of a breakout season last year, to the mix and his pitching could be hard to beat in everything other than saves.

Conclusion: twookool will let his pitching lead the way and hope that his hitters pick up a few categories otherwise his two aces will be pointless.

Team Jones – DavyJones

Top 3 Picks: Jose Bautista, Josh Donaldson, Jose Reyes

Steal: Matt Holliday, Round 9

Sleeper: Aaron Sanchez, Round 17

Overall: So Davy must be a Blue Jays fan because I’ve never seen anyone draft that many Blue Jays, but at least he decided to pick three of the top four guys on the team. Batting average should be pretty good for all season long with Bautista, Gonzalez and Holliday. Speaking of Holliday, he is a very underrated and should be an RBI machine in St. Louis this year. Managing to pick up two west coast guys in Grienke and Shields, to be his top starters should lead to a low ERA most weeks. Perhaps the adding to an already loaded pitching staff, Aaron Sanchez is one of the Blue Jays’ top prospects (really another Blue Jay?) and could be a future star.

Conclusion: Not sure what Davy’s strategy was, but it seems to have been a pretty good one and could be a darkhorse candidate once the playoffs roll around.

The Will to Win – JLP

Top 3 Picks: Carlos Gomez, Anthony Rizzo, Jacoby Ellsbury

Steal: Jake Arrieta, Round 10

Sleeper: Jorge Soler, Round 11

Overall: Not too many surprises early on in the draft from JLP, lots of NL Central players and a good number of Cubs guys (Rizzo, Arrieta, Soler). Don’t let that fool you, his team is very dangerous in several categories; Gomez & Ellsbury for stolen bases, Rizzo & Lucroy for batting average and Cueto & Samardzija for strikeouts and wins. Toss Arrieta’s name into that mix for wins and strikeouts as the Cubs #2 starter. Don’t expect Soler’s name to be somewhat of an unknown for very long as he could finish among the top 20 in homeruns this season, he’s that good.

Conclusion: Not sure how someone with knowledge of one division fared so well in the draft, but JLP managed to pull this out of his ass and formed very scary team.

The Will to Win – JLP

Conclusion: Not sure how someone with knowledge of one division fared so well in the draft, but JLP managed to pull this out of his ass and formed very scary team.

Not only did JLP draft the best, his team name (like mine) is a perfect tribute to the greatest announcer in all of baseball: Hawk Harrelson.

I was going to pick up Encarnacion too but bijakonja scooped him up right before I was about to :(

Davy, my guess is you're from Toronto. Should be a good season up there.... I love E5 though...he's a fantastic masher. Glad he's not really playing the field anymore because he was a butcher boy at the hot corner (thus the nick name E5). I am open to trading him to your team so that he can join the rest of the Blue Jays. Send me an offer and I will consider it :)

Nah I'm not from TO, I'm a West Coaster \w/ but being Canadian I follow them more than any other team. I figured if I stacked my team with Blue Jays it would keep me interested the fantasy league since I would be watching that teams highlights the most. I might take you up on the offer, I'll have to take a good look at my roster and see if I can offer up a good trade. If your looking for anything in particular let me know.

As some of you may have read Deuce's assessment of my team I have a very deep lineup but a weak pitching staff. Currently the only closer I have is Latroy Hawkins and my starting pitching isn't great outside of Scherzer. If you have a closer and/or a starting pitcher you're willing to trade let's make a deal. I got Cespedes and Zobrist that I'm willing to trade but im open to other deals.

Feel free to look at any of my relievers. I have one on the DL that will be coming back soon. I would definitely be interested in Zobrist, Wright or Kemp.

• Upvote 1

Not only did JLP draft the best, his team name (like mine) is a perfect tribute to the greatest announcer in all of baseball: Hawk Harrelson.

Hawk looks like a muppet now. Worst broadcaster in the history of the universe. Now that he's senile, he's so bad he's good.

Hawk looks like a muppet now. Worst broadcaster in the history of the universe. Now that he's senile, he's so bad he's good.

Senile Hawk is comparable to post-stroke Harry. Actually its almost funny how similar Harry and Hawk are. Poor Steve Stone....

Senile Hawk is comparable to post-stroke Harry. Actually its almost funny how similar Harry and Hawk are. Poor Steve Stone....

Harry was a fun loving amiable drunk. Hawk is an incomprehensible bewildered curmudgeon stuck in neanderthal baseball mode.

"Captains of Attitude" is his new saying. They were playing clips of him on the score today talking about how happy he was that Samardzija was throwing at the royals. Even though its pretty well known that Shark sucks once he starts getting emotional while pitching.

Hawk has really rubbed off on stoney too, he used to be pretty pleasant when he was with Harry. My favorite was when Harry would ask him out of the blue why he never got married a couple times a year.

Speaking as a baseball fan and not as a Cubs fan, Hawk is easily the most annoying announcer just in front of the Yankees announcer and all his "catchphrases" any time a Yankee hits a home run.

Feel free to look at any of my relievers. I have one on the DL that will be coming back soon. I would definitely be interested in Zobrist, Wright or Kemp.

I think Uehara would be a great addition to my team because right now I would get creamed in the saves department week in and week out. I don't think I'll trade Kemp though, I got a feeling he's gonna have an MVP caliber season (if he stays healthy). Zobrist or Wright are fine with me though. Would you be willing to trade Wade Miley?

I think Uehara would be a great addition to my team because right now I would get creamed in the saves department week in and week out. I don't think I'll trade Kemp though, I got a feeling he's gonna have an MVP caliber season (if he stays healthy). Zobrist or Wright are fine with me though. Would you be willing to trade Wade Miley?

Possibly.

So there is no innings pitched minimum this year like we had last year?

I thought it was a minimum of 10... its not? I thought it was odd that on the first day it showed me with era and whip

It should be 10, but I just went through the league manager settings and could not find it. I do remember making 10 innings though.