The "If you had my fighters" thread

Timmy

I like your fighter Jack Daniels the most. He has been created by an awesome manager, so it's safe to say that he has been built in a good way. He is still only 22 years old and seems to have a very bright future in front of him! and he has a great name! :P

Your fighter Tom Hardy doesn't convince me. His groundgame is pretty cool, but his standup will need a lot of work and his chin might not be good enough. I doubt that he'll ever be really special.

Love Jack so glad I picked him up and yeah I'm 50/50 if I'm keeping hardy at the min depends on his next few fights

Divock Origi the one i would keep no matter what.

And i would sack Sal Testa, he looks weak and spaghetti.

If I had your fighters I would surprisingly keep Carlo Gambino. Yes he's had two losses in a row, but never been KO'd and has great skills for his age! Lots of potential...

I would drop Tony McGee - his granite chin clearly isn't up to scratch & two poor losses gets a cut.

well, sorry for keeping this thread alive...

Hey Bjorn. Of course you are welcome here. Don't stop posting. Maybe if you did one every couple of pages rather than two or three a page it would be better, but don't take it personally. This thread is a kind of "slow burner" - There's no need to post fast to keep it alive, and when a variety of people take turns it becomes more interesting.

(THOUPZ is next to be done.)

• Upvote 1

Hey Bjorn. Of course you are welcome here. Don't stop posting. Maybe if you did one every couple of pages rather than two or three a page it would be better, but don't take it personally. This thread is a kind of "slow burner" - There's no need to post fast to keep it alive, and when a variety of people take turns it becomes more interesting.

(THOUPZ is next to be done.)

Ok, I fully understand your point and will do that. Sorry if my first reaction was a bit mad, but I hadn't had my cup of coffee yet and it was early in the morning :)

• Upvote 1

Shiftas,

I would cut Ciancana. He seems to have bad chin and his first fight doesnt rise any hopes for other good hiddens so cut him or regret later.

I would keep Steven Johnson. But I would reinvent him as striker not grappler. He has shown solid chin AND ko power at tott but you seem to like him as grappler? At least add some gnp to his arsenal.

Shiftas,

I would cut Ciancana. He seems to have bad chin and his first fight doesnt rise any hopes for other good hiddens so cut him or regret later.

I would keep Steven Johnson. But I would reinvent him as striker not grappler. He has shown solid chin AND ko power at tott but you seem to like him as grappler? At least add some gnp to his arsenal.

He's a shitty grappler. His base built was wrestling and everyone he has faced were strikers so I subbed them. His subs are only feeble or mediocre and he anaconda chokes guys.:D

Simpanssi / Mr. Gutz

http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=3074

I like Cormac Gutz, looks like a very determined and difficult to KO fighter.

On the other hand I'd maybe cut Judge Holden who's 40 and has quite a lot of KO losses (still great skillset though).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Only just noticed this thread ... one of the better non-smacktalk concept threads I've seen in this forum for a long time.

Given my current indulgence regarding FAs, my eyes are drawn to younger fighters moreso than older at this stage. Edwin Kjaer strikes me as the most promising of said bunch. Not lost yet, so hard to judge ultimately, and I tend to prefer seeing how a fighter loses rather than how he wins before making any decisions, but if I had to choose one of the younger fighters, it'd be him.

On the same vein, with the younger fighters ... I'd cut Rodrigo Machado before you get too attached and he ends up breaking your heart. 4-0 with 4 TKO wins, he looks good on paper ... but he'll let you down when he hits the big leagues. He's not faced notable enough competition to make me say he might be one of the rare few who can hold up with less than adequate hiddens.

• Upvote 1

Only just noticed this thread ... one of the better non-smacktalk concept threads I've seen in this forum for a long time.

Given my current indulgence regarding FAs, my eyes are drawn to younger fighters moreso than older at this stage. Edwin Kjaer strikes me as the most promising of said bunch. Not lost yet, so hard to judge ultimately, and I tend to prefer seeing how a fighter loses rather than how he wins before making any decisions, but if I had to choose one of the younger fighters, it'd be him.

On the same vein, with the younger fighters ... I'd cut Rodrigo Machado before you get too attached and he ends up breaking your heart. 4-0 with 4 TKO wins, he looks good on paper ... but he'll let you down when he hits the big leagues. He's not faced notable enough competition to make me say he might be one of the rare few who can hold up with less than adequate hiddens.

Bjorn Borg catches my attention. Granite chin, decent stopping power it looks like... prolly released cuz he was a really slow learner... but slow learners were always my most successful fighters so I'd roll with that dude.

The Aristoteles is who I would release, because he seems like he lacks heart, and he was one of those Moyses / Axia / Goonies multi fighters on the QFC market.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
Chris Karter (4744): Karter has been up for a month. I guess I will dare to do his fighters if no one else will.

Malakai Semerkhet - What's not to like? Granite with Flash-KO power, awesome record against good fighters, and hype to die for!

Kajun Puno - Four losses. Two to a fighter who on paper he really should be beating. Might have a Granite Chin but there's got to be something wrong with this guy, unless it's simply a problem with the manager's slider skills of course ;)

TIMMY

Picking my favourite fighter out of yours was tough... But I'm gonna go with Ritzik, guy has an awesome record and his primaries look solid. In his last fight he showed an amazing heart.

To sack? Hartmann no doubt, kind of an off build and popped intelligent? Eek, definitely not a keeper in my books.