Fight engine improvements (April '15 discussion)

MMATycoon

And are we safe to assume this bonus is only for the initial move following a takedown?

Yup.

I assume escapes will still be like when they first came out, basically for stand up guys. I have 0 escapes for my ground guys, they want to stay on the ground so I have never trained any. Are we going to need escapes also? I mean are they going to need some escapes to be able to watch for them and stop them?

No, you don't need escapes to defend against escapes.

Will these affect also start working on the Island? I'm guessing they will but it's always good with some confirmation

Yes, it applies on the island.

We're getting an increase to activity on the ground too right??? We discussed this in PM a little bit but I just want to make sure

I want to see what difference pushing people to go for escapes rather than hold and hope makes to the overall number of moves first. If that isn't enough, we'll do a general bump too. I MAY do a slight one in this update too but it's a very easy change to do at any point, so I think it's better to see how we go without first.

Since there is an increase in training gains for training escapes right now... what skill is it that needs to be greater in order to receive that bonus? I know it said that if you basically don't have the skill then you will get normal gains, but if they do have the skills then they will get the bonus.... So again... What skill is it exactly that we are need our fighters to have to receive the training boost (wrestling, BJJ...both) and about what level would that/those skills need to be at (wonderful, exceptional....)?

I want to make sure its worth taking the time right now to train escapes or if I should use my young fighters age to get his other skills up then work escapes later. Thanks in advance

Since there is an increase in training gains for training escapes right now... what skill is it that needs to be greater in order to receive that bonus? I know it said that if you basically don't have the skill then you will get normal gains, but if they do have the skills then they will get the bonus.... So again... What skill is it exactly that we are need our fighters to have to receive the training boost (wrestling, BJJ...both) and about what level would that/those skills need to be at (wonderful, exceptional....)?

I want to make sure its worth taking the time right now to train escapes or if I should use my young fighters age to get his other skills up then work escapes later. Thanks in advance

I think he said that if your fighter has maxed out his total skills then escapes will train five times faster. So if you have young fighters... it will be normal.

No, there won't be a change to the skill cap - that was the point of the skill cap in the first place.

As for sparring boosting transitions and escapes, that's just an oversight that I never included that, so I'll get on it :)

And the boost in training is in effect already... I implemented it a few days ago but never told anyone cos I wanted to test it before thousands of fighters suddenly piled into escapes training :D

No, there won't be a change to the skill cap - that was the point of the skill cap in the first place.

As for sparring boosting transitions and escapes, that's just an oversight that I never included that, so I'll get on it :)

And the boost in training is in effect already... I implemented it a few days ago but never told anyone cos I wanted to test it before thousands of fighters suddenly piled into escapes training :D

Any idea on how long the boost is going to last?

Well this sucks.

So we are going from making it very hard to get a takedown and ref stand ups killing the ground game to more help for stand up fighter to get to there feet.

This is ass backwards people. Counter productive to the already broken ground game.

I was told to give up on ground fighters a year ago, I see mike has now made it clear that the ground game is shit in this game.

Was the problem with takedowns fixed?

Was the problem with ref stand ups fixed?

Now stand up fighters get to escape easer?

This is the death of the ground game. I feel this new update blows and caters to the strikers as always in this game.

• Downvote 1

Was the problem with takedowns fixed?

Was the problem with ref stand ups fixed?

Now stand up fighters get to escape easer?

This is the death of the ground game. I feel this new update blows and caters to the strikers as always in this game.

this update is too help ground fighters -- ref stand up will be toned way down thus making escapes needed for stand up fighters to get up -- the boost in training escapes right now is cause since they were never needed no one hardly ever trained them cause they would just hold till get ref stand up -- this update is too make fighters have to use their escapes instead of just holding for ref stand up

• Upvote 1

These new changes feels like a hell of a headache. But I'm up to the challenge.

Still, I wonder how long before these new changes are going to be implemented. 2-3 weeks or less might not be enough time to train escapes from scratch.

I'm still not trying to add escapes to my capped out guys. Most have ground skills anyway & I am perfectly comfortable out-slidering people on the ground if they take me down. My younger guys may be another story

same here. I have a FA pickup who has escapes, he'll be the only guy I'll use them with for now. I actually got my first escape ever with him in his last fight.

I miss understood, sorry for the rant.

• Upvote 2

I'm still not trying to add escapes to my capped out guys. Most have ground skills anyway & I am perfectly comfortable out-slidering people on the ground if they take me down. My younger guys may be another story

As a newer manager with mostly younger guys, I'm still not sure if escapes are useful especially if we don't need them to defend them. If you have a capped fighter with decent ground skills, then you will get your share of reverses and chances to score points. I feel like a lot of future fights will read that a lot of stalling is going on on the ground with not much happening because less stand ups.

As a newer manager with mostly younger guys, I'm still not sure if escapes are useful especially if we don't need them to defend them. If you have a capped fighter with decent ground skills, then you will get your share of reverses and chances to score points. I feel like a lot of future fights will read that a lot of stalling is going on on the ground with not much happening because less stand ups.

If all you do is stall on the ground then your just not trying... and deserve to loose... I think with the new setup lay and pray might not work out as it has in the past... And if the new gnp comes into effect it could be a death sentance.

• Upvote 1

If all you do is stall on the ground then your just not trying... and deserve to loose... I think with the new setup lay and pray might not work out as it has in the past... And if the new gnp comes into effect it could be a death sentance.

I wouldn't lay and pray though because that's just laying on your back not doing nothing. I would just put more focus into submissions or gnp, d-grap, and transitions along with td defense so that if a fighter does get taken down, he has the skills to defend himself and maybe even finish with a submission because if people are going to start being more aggressive on the ground it leaves themselves open. Plus, if everyone is still looking for a big heart/granite chin combo its going to be hard to tko people from the ground still anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is that yeah, while its cool for standup fighters to have another way to get up, but the best offense is still a good defense. I just feel like the only change needed to win fights with this new update is to make sure your guy is well rounded (which I think was the point) but I still feel like you can do that without escapes. I feel like we will start seeing a lot more red belts but this is MMA so thats not a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

this update is too help ground fighters -- ref stand up will be toned way down thus making escapes needed for stand up fighters to get up -- the boost in training escapes right now is cause since they were never needed no one hardly ever trained them cause they would just hold till get ref stand up -- this update is too make fighters have to use their escapes instead of just holding for ref stand up

And gnp was improved.