Fight engine improvements (April '15 discussion)

MMATycoon

I think mike has already decided what he is going to do about standups and escapes. His idea seems like a very good one as long as the energy sap from missed tds gets toned down a bit. I'd also like to see predictions toned down a bit.

In the five years Ive been playing I learned that you got to bring things up when you have mikes attention.

If this is what hes gonna do, my ground fighters still have about a year before they fight again because we will need more than one island season to test most likely

Has mike said for sure that we are going to have to wait to do an island test season? I think thats a horrible idea.

For one, it wont tell us anything unless we do an island season with 2300+ points on creation. It will also take way too long. I'm not looking forward to another 6-8 months of kickboxing tycoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Has mike said for sure that we are going to have to wait to do an island test season? I think thats a horrible idea.

For one, it wont tell us anything unless we do an island season with 2300+ points on creation. It will also take way too long. I'm not looking forward to another 6-8 months of kickboxing tycoon.

This was my point, why i keep begging for a more immediate motion to lower referee standups a bit... Its not like anyone actually believes that they are supposed to be this way. This should give us time to figure out more intricate issues in a bigger update at a later time. Everyone seems to believe that testing it on the island will magically make it foolproof in 6 months. With all the things that have been asked for this will take longer. Lowering standups wont "Fix" the game, but it will certainly make the game more fun for a good amount of time.

Mike said earlier decline is based on a hidden generated at creation, he didnt really mention injury at all. I take that to mean that its not part of the equation. So the number of fights and damaged taken seems to be irrelevant to this conversation. Theoretically you could make a fighter who has a bad decline age # and never fight with him and still have skills decline at a young age. I'm not sure if injuries factor in as a modifier to the decline, it would be nice if they did. The large numbers of old highly skilled fighters with lots of fights would make me think that it doesnt have any or very little influence on the degrade.

I've never seen any thing implying an athlete peaks in their early 20s. Ive always read that its a sharp increase until late 20s followed by a slow and gradual decrease in the early 30s.

Injuries do have an impact too. I can't remember exactly how I did it but I think at a small amount of total injuries it's basically no difference.

Anyway, I went to your profile to see if you'd entered your birthday. Apparently you are 3 years old according to your submitted birthday :P

As a 34 year old, I can give me 10c, in that I started to fall apart physically in my early 20s. The earliest we have decline here is 30, I think, so that's a massive under-estimation of the worst case scenario.

I don't want to test it on the Island. I don't see the point. It's not representative of the level of the game we have issues.

• Upvote 1

JLP - I'm not having the same issues you are having with decline.. On any of my fighters, Moe Lester is 39 and still not being hit hard.. Neither are any of my fighters over 30.. Yeah I'm getting a de-pop here and there but nothing bad..

From my thoughts on it and these are just my thoughts - change your training techniques

JLP - I'm not having the same issues you are having with decline.. On any of my fighters, Moe Lester is 39 and still not being hit hard.. Neither are any of my fighters over 30.. Yeah I'm getting a de-pop here and there but nothing bad..

From my thoughts on it and these are just my thoughts - change your training techniques

With my capped fighters i do one sparring session of each prime a week, 2-4 CT and then i rotate between all the skills that need to be kept high. I cant imagine what you could possibly be doing that is any different that would have that much effect. It all comes down to another random hidden number and it seems like its all extremes. Either you go into the shitter at 30 or you never get hit at all and stay strong well into your late 30s.

With my capped fighters i do one sparring session of each prime a week, 2-4 CT and then i rotate between all the skills that need to be kept high. I cant imagine what you could possibly be doing that is any different that would have that much effect. It all comes down to another random hidden number and it seems like its all extremes. Either you go into the shitter at 30 or you never get hit at all and stay strong well into your late 30s.

I find it hard to believe that every one of my fighters over 30 has got a great random roll for degradation and all of yours have got shit rolls. Yeah sure some have got better rolls than others but the difference is minimal. Don't get me wrong I get depops, but nothing that is making me want stay my fighters are good for the scrap heap

Do you use this page at all Stu?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/assistant_total_progress.php

All my guys age 29-31 are on the decline, some more so than others. Quintana who has been cut lost probably 80 pts in 10 wks before he was 30. Badoyan only started losing 4 wks ago but has lost 8 pts, 5 pts, 7 pts & 6 pts since it started. So it won't take but another 3 mo. til he gets cut probably

Probably exaggerated a little bit about Badoyan going to shit in 3 months because if he continues to lose around 6-7 pts per week......in 3 months he will have gone from 2715 to 2630'ish, which you can still easily fight with and be competitive but I guess knowing that with each fight you are getting a diminished fighter, at what point do you finally just decide to move on? Considering the state of my roster and my lack of a desire to fight anywhere but in 1 of the big league orgs I will probably end up holding onto him longer than I would ideally want too. But I probably do that with most of my fighters anyway

Probably exaggerated a little bit about Badoyan going to shit in 3 months because if he continues to lose around 6-7 pts per week......in 3 months he will have gone from 2715 to 2630'ish, which you can still easily fight with and be competitive but I guess knowing that with each fight you are getting a diminished fighter, at what point do you finally just decide to move on? Considering the state of my roster and my lack of a desire to fight anywhere but in 1 of the big league orgs I will probably end up holding onto him longer than I would ideally want too. But I probably do that with most of my fighters anyway

Interesting and odd. For reference Partio who at the age of 38 is my oldest at the moment has lost a total of 14 points during the last 10 weeks. He's not at the peak any more obviously but is still keeping the skills on a decent level. He barely ever gets knocked out (4(T)KO in 73 fights) and has a pretty good injury record... The next three of my oldest fighters are either near max potential cap and don't lose skills or are somewhat less than the max cap but still improving. The common nominator for them too is that they don't get too much injuries either and have been only (T)KO'd a combined 5 times in 93 fights.

I guess playing dodgeball at the gym has paid off.

• Upvote 1