Jon Jones ALLEGEDLY out of UFC 187

GBK16

interesting you put it that way -- the supreme court is hearing a case about that type of stuff and from what i have heard or know they seem to not like that idea -- i got in same shit long time ago cops came in on a b/s theft complaint and found weed -- changes are happening to stop that b/s to where they cant search or find anything else to stick on you, only for what the warrant is for

I don't do any drugs. Not even tobacco, but that didn't stop them from claiming cause to search my car on numerous occasions looking for drugs. Luckily they haven't invaded my home yet. They are out of control. That being said.... Jones is fully responsible for this screwup. He wasn't trying to dodge a fight. He was just being the same asshole we have come to learn him to be. I used to be a huge Jones fan and e-defender before he won his title. I had an excuse for everything he did. Eventually you come to learn the man is just inexcusable. He makes me sick with just about everything he does.

interesting you put it that way -- the supreme court is hearing a case about that type of stuff and from what i have heard or know they seem to not like that idea -- i got in same shit long time ago cops came in on a b/s theft complaint and found weed -- changes are happening to stop that b/s to where they cant search or find anything else to stick on you, only for what the warrant is for

I'm hoping this is only for small offenses like marijuana possession. It'd be pretty messed up to search a house, see a dead body and not be able to take anyone into custody because the search warrant was for drug related offenses for example.

well he is now is custody

Jon Jones was taken into police custody in New Mexico on Monday, hours after the Albuquerque Police Department issued a warrant for the UFC light heavyweight champion’s arrest.

“UFC fighter Jon Jones has been booked into Bernalillo County MDC without incident,” APD tweeted Monday evening.

Jones, 27, is charged with leaving the scene of a hit-and-run accident which occurred in Albuquerque early Sunday morning. According to the APD arrest warrant, Jones ran a red light and drove a rented Buick SUV into another car, which then collided with a third vehicle. Jones allegedly left his car, ran a short distance away and returned to grab cash from the vehicle before fleeing again.

Upon searching Jones’ car, officers found a pipe containing marijuana, according to the police report. An off-duty police officer was present at the scene of the accident and identified Jones.

On Monday, it was revealed that the driver of the car with which Jones collided, a woman named Vanessa Sonnenberg, suffered a broken arm in the accident. Under New Mexico state law, this elevates the charge from a misdemeanor to a felony -- “leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injuries” -- which carries a maximum penalty of three years in jail, as well as fines.

Ultimate Fighting Championship has yet to issue a statement regarding Jones’ arrest or the status of his headlining title bout against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187.

• Upvote 2

It's no wonder, He's married with kids and he probably did those decisions prior to being a superstar with all the fame and fortune. Now he's chasing skirts and does all kinds of stuff. Probably takes coke to take the edge of so he doesn't have to deal with his bad decisions but it's not working. It's all catching up to him, so he has do more and more... and then something bad happens, like running a red light and being involved in an accident.

Prolly because the chances of him avoiding his court appearance or trying to escape the country is small.

I disagree completely... the man has a passport and all the money in the world to run.

187 has a pretty stack lineup.. so if the event's header changed to Weidman v. Belfort it wont be as much as a loss if they did take Jon and Anthony's fight off the card------THRAX

I disagree completely... the man has a passport and all the money in the world to run.

He hasn't murdered anyone, if it was murder like Hernandez then i would say yeah he would run. I think i seen this carries a maximum pen of three years? Depending on the judge, he will get a small amount of jail time or a large fine and community service.

If Jones ends up in jail Bellator won't be able to make much use of him. Chances are he will be back in the UFC once he paid his dues and claim to be humbled. All the usual PR BS. I hope he really does learn from this and better himself as a result. I don't think he will, but I would really love to be wrong.

Although Jones deserves what he got, I am gutted. I was really really looking forward to that fight and I think Johnson could have taken that belt off him. And to be honest DC just doesn't really excite me... but I guess he is the logical choice for a replacement.

Still looks like a damn good card, props to Cormier for stepping up and props to the UFC for finally stepping on Jones tail. I do hope he actually cleans himself up and comes back a better man and I hope while he's gone we really get the chance to see some good title fights, it was getting a bit easy to just assume Jones was going to win.