ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

Had a few days away from this whole scenario to properly have a think about it, and I have decided we will press ahead with the Individual Tournaments. We will just have the top 8 fighters who want to compete involved, so if there is one person who doesn't take part, then whoever finished #9 in that division will be involved, and so on. I am aiming for a start of 2 weeks after the Season Finale, and Mike has agreed to help out with the injuries portion so nobody has to fight injured.

As for the next season, I am not 100% set on it yet, but around 245k/250k is probably what we will run for the ID restriction, and I was thinking of a 205lbs tournament seeing as the ITFL hasn't run one of them yet.

We have Team Conquer vs The Misfits in the Season Finale in just over 2 weeks now, and I am looking forward to seeing who comes out on top.

• Upvote 1

Good luck to both teams in the final!

Grant thanks for the heads up about next time, I assumed it would be around 250ID. As for the individual rounds this time, I have not signed Bernie anywhere so he is in if he makes it.

Bernie is in the top 8, and since Dino said Jintao won't be competing in the individuals, you have no opposition to entering it. I'll be sorting out contracts, and getting confirmation of entries, over the next week or so.

Also, I am going to have a see about having another org host the tournament while I do all the organising of it. I think this will be a good chance of an org hosting some of the brightest up and coming talent and perhaps give them some extra exposure.

• Upvote 2

Just really think that our team, Team Conquer, should somehow be compensated for the rule change that the team with highest point total is the winners of the tournament.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Just really think that our team, Team Conquer, should somehow be compensated for the rule change that the team with highest point total is the winners of the tournament.

I don't. The rules this year are the exact same which happened last year. I think the team who finished #2 overall last year won the team finale. Makes for a more exciting ending as teams can be dominate throughout the entire tournament and when it comes to the finale they get careless and slip up.

I don't. The rules this year are the exact same which happened last year. I think the team who finished #2 overall last year won the team finale. Makes for a more exciting ending as teams can be dominate throughout the entire tournament and when it comes to the finale they get careless and slip up.

The original rule was changed to include a team finale, I believe this is what Gale is referring to. When the tourney was first announced no team finale was included.

• Upvote 1

The original rule was changed to include a team finale, I believe this is what Gale is referring to. When the tourney was first announced no team finale was included.

Never knew this if I'm honest. I only knew the rules from ITFL Season 3. I guess for Season 5 the rules will have to be clarified at the start.

Bernie is in the top 8, and since Dino said Jintao won't be competing in the individuals, you have no opposition to entering it. I'll be sorting out contracts, and getting confirmation of entries, over the next week or so.

Also, I am going to have a see about having another org host the tournament while I do all the organising of it. I think this will be a good chance of an org hosting some of the brightest up and coming talent and perhaps give them some extra exposure.

Not sure if we fit the bill or if you are thinking of a lower tier Org but Legacy in Montreal would love to host this tourney for you. Only question is would you still be using the funds from these events to help pay the prizes or is that already covered?

Not sure if we fit the bill or if you are thinking of a lower tier Org but Legacy in Montreal would love to host this tourney for you. Only question is would you still be using the funds from these events to help pay the prizes or is that already covered?

after the idividuals GBK i flying to a non extradition country and you will never see him again. hope that helps lol

Regarding the individuals, Grant can you let us know who are coming and who are not since you've been asking around about it and probably have the info? Could use the info to decide what to do, as in if the good guys are not coming then Cabrera isn't either and if they are Cabrera will certainly too.

• Upvote 1

Regarding the individuals, Grant can you let us know who are coming and who are not since you've been asking around about it and probably have the info? Could use the info to decide what to do, as in if the good guys are not coming then Cabrera isn't either and if they are Cabrera will certainly too.

Same here. I want to know as well. I don't have high hopes to win with Hoi his chin at 170lbs, but I would love to try if they all take part :P

From the responses I got in a PM, this is what the current layout is looking like

Helix Cabrera (Depending on entries)

Taisto Perala (If Jorma feels it is worthwhile)

Jay Gatsby (Confirmed)

Pernell Whitaker Jr (Confirmed)

Wilder Wein (Confirmed)

Fabian Hoi (Confirmed)

Bernhard Adelhard (Confirmed)

Drug Killjoy (Unconfirmed so far, since I haven't asked him about it yet)

Ruslan Volkov is being retired, or so Igor has told me, and Shinyo Jintao has stated from the start he would not take part in the individuals

Dante Cross Furia (Confirmed)

Pablo Escobar (Confirmed)
Anakoni Kai (Confirmed)

William King (Confirmed)

Itse Perkele (Confirmed)

Timur Rubin (Unconfirmed)

Diego Bustamante (Confirmed)

Joey Kocur (Unconfirmed)

Giacomo Benvenuti was originally going to be taking part in the EPL, but got an extremely lucrative contract instead where he will earn pretty much the same amount for winning the EPL and in less fights, so he won't be taking part.

I am going to be messaging the managers of the unconfirmed fighters now so hopefully we will have responses asap for them.

• Upvote 3