ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

So that's the final round concluded, and it is Team Conquer who will take on The Misfits in the Team Finale

On another point, since the end of the season I have had numerous managers who would compete in the Individuals mention potentially not competing in it due to the time between now and the Individuals, or even their lack of confidence in their fighter doing well. Just wanna get people's thoughts on it, as I would cancel the individuals if people feel it's too far away, and instead I can focus on getting a small bit of a break before getting the next season up and running. It's been a long 20 weeks, and that's a pretty long time considering the amount of fights involved, so I know a lot of people may wish to get back to their orgs or such, so lemme know your thoughts.

In any case. the Team Finale will happen in 3 weeks time

So that's the final round concluded, and it is Team Conquer who will take on The Misfits in the Team Finale

On another point, since the end of the season I have had numerous managers who would compete in the Individuals mention potentially not competing in it due to the time between now and the Individuals, or even their lack of confidence in their fighter doing well. Just wanna get people's thoughts on it, as I would cancel the individuals if people feel it's too far away, and instead I can focus on getting a small bit of a break before getting the next season up and running. It's been a long 20 weeks, and that's a pretty long time considering the amount of fights involved, so I know a lot of people may wish to get back to their orgs or such, so lemme know your thoughts.

In any case. the Team Finale will happen in 3 weeks time

and what speaks against starting the individuals now?

And strong last Tournament day for us with a 5:2. Place #3 look nice for the Corp :)

• Upvote 1

It looks to me that Bernie will not make it, he is tied with Jintao and he beat me head to head. So as much as I would have liked to been in the final, my opinion don't really matter. If people drop out it does not make it the real final so if one or 2 of the guys drop out, what is the point of doing it? Basically the way I feel if not the top 8 I wouldn't bother with it, because it really wont prove anything if a lower guy wins but don't beat Cabrera, Perala, or Whitaker Jr. As it stands I think one of them would win, except maybe Jintao.

I knew second place was pretty much out of the equation for our team with Misfits going against Vendino and ahead by 5 points by the end of week 9, so the target for us was to secure 3rd place against Vendino who gave us a tough challenge at the end. Very proud of how The Corporation did in this tournament, so proud I think I'm going to make a thread about it... :shades:

On a more serious note, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Team Finale goes and to see if we could have an upset in it. Will be interesting to find out who's in the individual tournament as well, I think The Corporation will have two competing in the HW finals.

For those who said they don't want to compete in the individual finals, ITFL Season 3 had the same problem with 2 drop outs - Omar Boulami (finished #4) and Karate Kid (finished #8).

• Upvote 3

PRIZES:

1. The winning team will receive 7 million dollars. 1 million to each of it's 7 members

2. The winners of the individual tournaments will receive 1 million dollars and 6 months VIP

3. The winners of the individual tournaments will also be inducted into the org HOF

Target Starting Date: August 2015

The will be 50K per week for FOTN, KOTN, and SOTN

The will be 500K for FOTS, KOTS, and SOTS

Just a reminder for those who are considering dropping out of the finale tournaments

• Upvote 1

That is why I was hopping to get Bernie in! He is about to pop in boxing, then I am going back to MT. By the time the final starts his striking will be close to his ground and will be tough to beat. But I didnt make it in! Good luck to everyone, this has been a lot of fun.

It would be nice if we could come up with the weight and ID for the next round before this ends. So teams can start coming up with a plan now, also I asked before but never got an answer, what did everyone think of the 2 weights? I liked it, I think it made the picks more interesting. I would like to know it the next will be 2 weights or 1. I dont think this one would have made it without 2 weights.

ITFL Season 3 worked really well with one weight but ITFL Season 4 proved it can be run just as well with two weights :) What will be more interesting to me is what ID will be used for the next ITFL and when will it run from. I'm guessing it'll be started around a similar time to this one to keep it as a yearly tournament.

What's happening to the fighters who were transferred to an active manager instead? Are they being returned to their original managers or are they staying with the manager they have now? I know GBK and Listerman picked up inactive fighters.

I dont believe these guys should remain on their rosters, they should either be sent to the FA list or returned to their former managers.

It would be nice if we could come up with the weight and ID for the next round before this ends. So teams can start coming up with a plan now, also I asked before but never got an answer, what did everyone think of the 2 weights? I liked it, I think it made the picks more interesting. I would like to know it the next will be 2 weights or 1. I dont think this one would have made it without 2 weights.

I liked one weight class much better. I thought it had much more strategy involved. There were also quite a few rematches at HW, which are always kind of boring.

However we do it in regards to ID and weight, I won't be using a glass jawed MW at HW again.

• Upvote 1

I say one weight class next season... Also no Bosco Brown bullshit from.

I will conclude his story with three chapters i have been working on.

• Upvote 1

That is why I was hopping to get Bernie in! He is about to pop in boxing, then I am going back to MT. By the time the final starts his striking will be close to his ground and will be tough to beat. But I didnt make it in! Good luck to everyone, this has been a lot of fun.

Jintao was never competing in the individuals; he merely joined to fill a roster spot due to that big baby bitch wannabe macho man looking mother fucker pulling out due to him just sucking ass. I said that when i joined the competition.

Giacomo on the other hand was going to compete, but with the potential for a 5/6 week lay off and other tournaments starting up such as the EPL, and big money offers which will no doubt come in, it leaves me less than thrilled about the individual aspect of the tournament. Kai was the only person I was even remotely interested in facing in the individuals but he has taken a nose dive.

As far as the two weight class thing goes for the ITFL, it was interesting. I liked the fact that managers could enter more than one fighter in each team. It also filled up a lot faster due to the variation that could be used. There does need to be a cut off though for minimum weight. At HW it isn't difficult to knock out a 185er or a 205er, but at welterweight it is a struggle to knock out a lightweight or a featherweight.

As for next round, I am mainly concerned with the ID. I plan to have a team in it again, and want to make sure i have someone ready. But I am afraid if we only do one weight it will be just like happened this time, and not be able to get enough people in it. But either way if I have a guy in the ID and weight I will be in ITFL.

Well like JLP said i would also like to see just only one Division, tho for the sake of filling the tournament maybe, i would not be against two weightclases again.

The player pool was limited with just choosing in my case from 4 opponents each round. The choices you have with 6-7 or much better. :)

And yeah knowing the ID early for the next ITFL would be splendid. This was the first time i took part in and it was fun. Wouldnt mind trying to make the next one as well.

Congrats to both the Misfits and Conquer on making the finals and congrats to the Corp for finishing 3rd despite my prediction they would finish last.

Thanks Dino :)

This was my first ITFL (Well, halfway as i had to replace an inactive member) but it was a lot of fun being involved using Sully to cheer on The Corp even though i initially didn't make the team.

Can't wait for the next one!

• Upvote 1