ITFL Season 4 - "Carpe Diem"

GBK16

Careful what you wish for

Nothing to lose and everything to gain, Diego Bustamante is the underdog going into the fight and judging by Kai's fight with Joe Louis I don't think Kai likes being the favourite :shades:

So basically: Bustamante > Louis > Kai > Giacomo

All hail Bustamante :notworthy:

• Downvote 1

Thanks for the spot Shortfuse, learned now to never do the standings at 3am before I am about to head to sleep :D

The bracket has been amended, so now I am just waiting on Joey Kocur to be released to sign, and Pablo Escobar has a fight on the 27th so him as well, and Helix Cabrera has been sent on the contract to sign for it as well.

Thanks for the spot Shortfuse, learned now to never do the standings at 3am before I am about to head to sleep :D

The bracket has been amended, so now I am just waiting on Joey Kocur to be released to sign, and Pablo Escobar has a fight on the 27th so him as well, and Helix Cabrera has been sent on the contract to sign for it as well.

I got your back GBK, any idea when the individuals start?

Just had a look over the alliances who have fighters in the individual finale and I totalled them all up

The Caged Cartel: 4 - Sean McDonnel - Durlag Trollkiller , Pernell Whitaker Jr, Rodrigo Costa - Jay Gatsby, The Antidote - Itse Perkele

The Corporation: 3 - Mark O'Sullivan - Diego Bustamante, Bob Vendarra - Pablo Escobar, Joe Lang - Timothy Robinson

Legion of Doom: 2 - Whymer Van Mastodon - Dante Cross Furia, Whymer Van Mastodon - Wilder Wein,

FinnFighters: 2 - Marky Mark - Helix Cabrera, John Coffey - Joey Kocur

Dogs of War: 1 - Joe River - Bernhard Adelhard

Steel Penn Alliance: 1 - Klatz Matz - Timur Rubin

The Broken Halo Pride: 1 - Scott Davies - William King

Hitokiri-13: 1 - Louie DePalma - Anakoni Kai

I think that's everyone? Wasn't expecting to see 2 FinnFighters in the finale given how much they struggled during the team stage. Also noticed that The Cage Cartel had all of their WW's progress to the WW finale, good chance one of them will win it.

Well surprise or not but FF basically had 3. We just gave one spot to Cartel or Corporation or someone when Perälä was swayed by the dark side.

I knew there'd be some inaccuracies due to the drop outs affecting the list, still mighty impressive FF had all 3 WW's through to the finale.

Convicted would have had 1 fighter through to the finale had Dinooo not dropped out with his HW fighter.

Well surprise or not but FF basically had 3. We just gave one spot to Cartel or Corporation or someone when Perälä was swayed by the dark side.

Actually noone didnt even ask me after my maybe.

Team finale wasnt on orginal schelude and it ruined whole thing for those who was looking inviduals as important thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I knew there'd be some inaccuracies due to the drop outs affecting the list, still mighty impressive FF had all 3 WW's through to the finale.

Convicted would have had 1 fighter through to the finale had Dinooo not dropped out with his HW fighter.

not too bad considering that they were three in total and one was a replacement and the other got replaced.

I'd love to see all the big alliances in the game enter alliance teams in the next ITFL. I'm hoping The Corporation will be able to enter another team depending on whether or not we have enough fighters within the ID restriction.

If we know the restriction early early on, i would say we can manage to get a Team up and running.

I am also surprised that no one from Vendetta has a guy in the Finals, did one of them pull out of the Individuals? This seems strange.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see all the big alliances in the game enter alliance teams in the next ITFL. I'm hoping The Corporation will be able to enter another team depending on whether or not we have enough fighters within the ID restriction.

It is a problem getting fighters from the same alliance at the same weight at the same ID. Anyway, I told Vendetta that if they want any of my fighters for the next one they can have their pick of the litter.

If we know the restriction early early on, i would say we can manage to get a Team up and running.

I am also surprised that no one from Vendetta has a guy in the Finals, did one of them pull out of the Individuals? This seems strange.

Flip, look at that, not one Vendetta fighter in the final. Really surprised because they were dominating the manager rankings not so long ago. Very strange indeed Bob. What's even stranger is that Vendino was the only team not to have a fighter in the finale... is Giacomo Italian for duck?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We should really get a discussion on season 5 going as soon as possible. The earlier it all gets ironed out in regards to weight and ID the more likely we can get strong teams together.

As the last two were ID restricted, I think 5 should have none. Most of the fighters in 4 were well capable of holding their own in any unrestricted org anyways. For weight, I'd like to see us do something very low, FW or BW.

• Upvote 2

It was actually only 2 because Kocur only got in from Benvenuti dropping out. 3 from Cage Cartel and 2 from Corporation and FF w/ if no guys had dropped out

It was actually only 2 because Kocur only got in from Benvenuti dropping out. 3 from Cage Cartel and 2 from Corporation and FF w/ if no guys had dropped out

Hmmm probably yeah but with Benvenuti dropping out one could argue it was actually Rubin who got the spot. Wasn't the case that Rubin was somehow given 3 points from a decision win instead of 2 (the Spillane fight) which supposedly put him one point ahead of Kocur?

I'm not sure which was the tie breaking way here, in reality Kocur and Rubin had the same amount of points but Kocur had the better record and beat Rubin when they fought so I don't know why he is now the one fighting the #1 seed guy...

Got all the HW fights spoilered for later. Looking forward to the fights and I'm hoping that at least one of Diego Bustamante, Timothy Robinson or Pablo Escobar go all the way and win the tournament. Some real tough fighters in the finale so for me personally, I'd be happy doing one better than ITFL Season 3 and getting past the first stage with Diego.

Good luck everyone! Hope there'll be a couple of people looking forward to the fights like I am :)

Well it was fun while it lasted, good fight Marky, sadly it appears Kai's chin has caught up to him much like Dinooo had predicted it would much earlier in the season

Good fight Louie!

I must admit I was nervous reading that fight, I had read both Pablo Escobar's and Timothy Robinson's fights before hand, it was shit seeing them lose and I was thinking all of Team Corp would be out in the first round so getting the win was great. I also was looked over the other HW fights to see what happened in them before I look at the Bustamante / Kai fight so I could have an idea of who Bustamante / Kai would fight next. Delighted to see Diego go through to the next round :)

Good fight Louie!

I must admit I was nervous reading that fight, I had read both Pablo Escobar's and Timothy Robinson's fights before hand, it was shit seeing them lose and I was thinking all of Team Corp would be out in the first round so getting the win was great. I also was looked over the other HW fights to see what happened in them before I look at the Bustamante / Kai fight so I could have an idea of who Bustamante / Kai would fight next. Delighted to see Diego go through to the next round :)

Big win Marky, congrats! ;)

• Upvote 1