NFL 2015 Discussion

Deuce7

I feel better today than last week as The Bucs beat The Saints in New Orleans.

I feel better today than last week as The Bucs beat The Saints in New Orleans.

Saints need to really figure some things out. Brees is on the last leg of his career and if he doesn't retire after this season the Saints need to let him go.

Saints need to really figure some things out. Brees is on the last leg of his career and if he doesn't retire after this season the Saints need to let him go.

im sure his contract would destroy the saints in cap penalties, maybe they should get him some better weapons and a defense. Thats what the broncos did for manning...

im sure his contract would destroy the saints in cap penalties, maybe they should get him some better weapons and a defense. Thats what the broncos did for manning...

They tried spending money on defense (or at least a defensive player) and it burned them. Trading Graham to the Seahawks will really hurt them this season with nobody else really stepping up other then Cooks (if they're lucky).

• 3 weeks later...

Is Seattle finally being exposed or are they playing better teams??? No way they should have let Cincy back in that game.

Teams are making plays on them, it isn't like there being blown out by the teams. Seahawks will get there rhythm back and finish out the season strong. It might just be a play off spot though with how well Arizona are playing.

The Bucs now have the same amount of wins as all of last year.

Keep in mind, they beat two of the worst teams in the league (yes the Saints are one of the worst). At best they win two more games the rest of the season. The Redskins next week will probably be a close game and the Saints again in week 14.

I'm shocked and amazed that the beloved have won two in a row. Although it's against the dregs of the AFC west, it's still nice to see the Bears looking like a professional team again.

I watched the game just a little bit ago on DVR as I was busy this afternoon. I was all mad thinking the refs were trying to screw us with that obviously missed 2-pt conversion call that would have resulted in them being up by 4 following the TD with 0:20 left in the 4th (they would have kicked a PAT). That would have completely changed the dynamic of the final drive by the Chiefs. Was very happy with the result. Considering the schedule we've had, 2-3 ain't that bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Keep in mind, they beat two of the worst teams in the league (yes the Saints are one of the worst). At best they win two more games the rest of the season. The Redskins next week will probably be a close game and the Saints again in week 14.

Does it matter? There's no asterisks in the standings.

• Upvote 1

I watched the game just a little bit ago on DVR as I was busy this afternoon. I was all mad thinking the refs were trying to screw us with that obviously missed 2-pt conversion call that would have resulted in them being up by 4 following the TD with 0:20 left in the 4th (they would have kicked a PAT). That would have completely changed the dynamic of the final drive by the Chiefs. Was very happy with the result. Considering the schedule we've had, 2-3 ain't that bad.

I would say the bears have lost to the three best teams in the NFC and squeaked by two of the worst in the AFC. Detroit looks like they are in a "death spiral, everyone gets fired at the end of the season" type season, so I expect them to win sunday. My prediction going in was 6-8 wins and I would amend that to 5-7 wins now with all the injuries.

I have no idea what to expect from the Iggles this season honestly. I am somewhat optimistic because I believe if Bradford can stay healthy he's an upgrade over Foles & a better fit to the offense. As much of a Shady fan as I am because he is a local boy and played his whole football career in PA before this season.....he did dance a little too often....I mean there would be a noticeable difference between how he hit the holes and how Sproles did last season & I think Murray & Matthews will be more downhill runners.

So I think the offense potentially got better (though I'm concerned about losing 2 O-linemen) & I can't see how the defense can be much worse than it was last year. We definitely upgraded at DB & if Alonso can stay healthy he's an upgrade at LB'er. I could see us being better on both sides of the ball quite honestly but that's assuming health & I have little to no faith in that right now

Well it turns out that was a way bigger issue then I thought it would be. I figured since both of their tackles and their center have been pro-bowlers in the last 3 seasons the line wouldn't be THIS awful but I can't even count the amount of times the defense gets to Murray almost as soon as he gets handed the ball (in shotgun).

I'm glad our defense looks much improved over last season but I'd have to say we're probably a 5-6 win team.

You think they fire chip if the iggles only get 5-6 wins? There are already rumors to that effect.

I would honestly doubt it. Now whether he'd choose to leave to go back to college I am not sure. I'm very interested to see how Jeff Lurie is evaluating him. Is he a 3rd year coach w/ two 10-6 seasons and a playoff appearance? Or is he a coach in his first year of having full control & trying to bring in the players that he wants? Because him and the GM did not agree on previous draft picks and Roseman had final say. So our 1st round pick two years ago (Marcus Smith) that ended up being kinda of a bust was a Howie Roseman pick

The first year he took the same team that went 4-12 for Andy and took them to 10-6. Then last year we were 10-6 but we really were not a 10-6 team. I mean we were down 17-0 to the Jags and won at least 3 games possibly 4 based on special teams so that 10 wins was really a fluke and why Chip made the moves that he did. Even he admits they were not really a 10 win team last year and he didn't think they were close to being a contender. The moves that he has made have definitely improved our defense considerably & I don't really think our offense is as bad as it's performed so far, I just think there was too much turnover and they didn't hardly play together in the pre-season so there is just no continuity. I'd like to see him get at least 2 more seasons after this one to finish putting together HIS team. Really I think we're a few offensive lineman and another receiver away from being a pretty good team.

With that being said I haven't been judging Bradford extremely harshly just because I'm trying to be understanding of the fact that he's basically not played football for 2 years & one of the reasons I thought he'd have success was because I thought we'd have 1 of the best running games in football. Other than those 2 terrible picks he threw he looked pretty good against the Saints (granted they are awful) but it was also the first game we really got the running game going (185 rush yds) and he finished 32/45 for 322 and 2 TD, 2 INT & we also had at least 4 dropped passes that hit guys right in the hands

We're not very good in total yards on defense because w/ our hurry-up offense we usually have a lot more plays against us then most teams get in a given game.

But we're 10th against the rush in total yards and tied for first in ypc @ 3.5 yards. We've also only given up 1 rushing TD which is tied for 1st and we have 4 forced fumbles which is tied for 2nd.

Against the pass we're 26th in total yards but we're 8th in avg yards per pass at 6.9, we're 17th in completion %, we've given up 8 TD passes which is 19th in the league and we have 6 INT's which is tied for 6th in the league, we have 11 sacks which is tied for 12th and we are 11th in scoring defense at 20.6 PPG

Last year I think we were tied for 3rd in the run game for YPC but we were like somewhere between 30-32 in the passing game in most categories. So while they're not an elite defense maybe they seem much improved

they're like multis, they have to cheat to win, but unlike multis, courts get paid big money to overturn rulings and continue to let them cheat.

We're not very good in total yards on defense because w/ our hurry-up offense we usually have a lot more plays against us then most teams get in a given game.

But we're 10th against the rush in total yards and tied for first in ypc @ 3.5 yards. We've also only given up 1 rushing TD which is tied for 1st and we have 4 forced fumbles which is tied for 2nd.

Against the pass we're 26th in total yards but we're 8th in avg yards per pass at 6.9, we're 17th in completion %, we've given up 8 TD passes which is 19th in the league and we have 6 INT's which is tied for 6th in the league, we have 11 sacks which is tied for 12th and we are 11th in scoring defense at 20.6 PPG

Last year I think we were tied for 3rd in the run game for YPC but we were like somewhere between 30-32 in the passing game in most categories. So while they're not an elite defense maybe they seem much improved

I think that is the killer is the hurry up offence, teams are playing the clock against the Eagles a lot better and the defense Chip Kelly plays allows for teams just to pick apart the clock. There have been a few times the Eagles defense just looks completely deflated. The hurry up offence is good if you are up in the scoreboard and your defense is making a few 3 and outs but that simply isn't the case.

The defense stats you posted are a bit warped considering the games played and the amount of time the defense has been on the field in comparison to others. Teams aren't going out to throw a bomb against the Eagles, the understanding seems to be to make what is given to you and that is short passes and chew up as much of the clock as you can. So the yardage isn't exactly huge but the amount of time the opposition gets on the ball is huge.

I think Chip gets another season before busting out back to college, the offence worked for a few seasons but it appears to have dwindled down now. Bradford has looked mediocre but he might still be a bit rusty after that long lay off. It is still early in the season but the Eagles will have to come out hot in these games instead of chasing the game.