NFL 2015 Discussion

Deuce7

Lovie wasn't willing to fire Leslie Frazier. He wasn't willing to bring in better position coaches or defensive assistance. Lovie was stuck in his way. Losers mentality and I'm glad it's gone. I think we're better off now with Mike Smith as our DC. I expect the Bucs to finish at least 9-7 to 11-5 and in the playoff hunt.

Lovie shouldn't have had to fire Frazier. Lovie has a proven track record with the Bears as a defensive master. It was not a losers mentality... it was due to a lack of playmakers on the defense. Blame the GM, not the coach. He needs to improve his defense.

Lovie was married to an outdated defense that the entire league knows how to attack inside and out. The cover-2 needs very hard to find athletes to make it work. Lovie's Super Bowl team had a two future HOF linebackers and a DT who was probably the most dominant defensive player in the game that year.

The game passed Lovie by in the early 2000's. Bucs made the right move in moving on, correcting the wrong move in hiring him in the first place.

Is it bad that I am little excited to see Chip Kelly in San Fran???

Not at all... He made Nick Foles a pretty good QB for a season. I'm sure he will do well with Kaepernick... However, his dominant Eagles offense already had solid playmakers at RB and WR when he got there. The current 49ers squad has more holes as well as a pounding RB instead of a pass catching one. If the 49ers go out and bring in Matt Forte (for example) and draft a field stretching speedy WR, their offense might be decent.

Not at all... He made Nick Foles a pretty good QB for a season. I'm sure he will do well with Kaepernick... However, his dominant Eagles offense already had solid playmakers at RB and WR when he got there. The current 49ers squad has more holes as well as a pounding RB instead of a pass catching one. If the 49ers go out and bring in Matt Forte (for example) and draft a field stretching speedy WR, their offense might be decent.

Kelly has a lot of work to do to get that team to mesh with his system. Unfortunately for him I think his team will struggle until they mesh and he won't get the time before he's fired in 2 seasons. Honestly his system just isn't going to cut it in the NFL. Athletes at this level are just too athletic and coordinaters are too smart.

I'm surprised Chip Kelly got a job in the NFL as a HC tbh.

The Bucs tried to hire him a long time ago, he declined to stay at Oregon.

I know, best thing to ever happen to Bucs. he actually had a contract with us before he went to eagles.

That truly would of been a disaster scenario and an awesome scenario for the Falcons.

I can't even be asked to give a shit about this Chiefs/Patriots game. I know who will win.

That truly would of been a disaster scenario and an awesome scenario for the Falcons.

I can't even be asked to give a shit about this Chiefs/Patriots game. I know who will win.

Everything indicates Patriots, but Chiefs are sleeper.

starting to think they blew that jets game to play chiefs instead of bengals/steelers winner.

Where's Jacman??? You know he has to be around here somewhere after any kind of AZ win

Hell yeah. Larry Fitzgerald is the King in AZ right now. It's crazy that one moment I'm super angry and frustrated and the next I'm jumping for joy. Gotta say that the OT rules are really frustrating. The Packers deserve at least one more shot to tie the game. Never liked the whole first to score wins rule. Can't wait for the NFC title game though, I want the Seahawks.

Hell yeah. Larry Fitzgerald is the King in AZ right now. It's crazy that one moment I'm super angry and frustrated and the next I'm jumping for joy. Gotta say that the OT rules are really frustrating. The Packers deserve at least one more shot to tie the game. Never liked the whole first to score wins rule. Can't wait for the NFC title game though, I want the Seahawks.

I agree. The field goal rule was a good start but I don't see why it needs to be instant elimination when a team gets a field goal. This game is about offense and defense, just because your defense get scored on doesn't mean all of sudden your offense doesn't get a chance to tie the game. After that I don't mind if it's next score wins.

I still prefer NCAA OT rules to NFL but I think the NFL could incorporate them in a better way.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Jameis Winston, 2015 Pepsi Rookie of The Year.

Deservedly so. I think he'll have a good career if he keeps his private life in check. That was probably the biggest positive of having Lovie around as HC, he's a good mentor type. The Bears did have a few problem players during his tenure there though.

What's everyone's picks for the SB? Ive got Carolina 23-13.