Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz

Kimbo305

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got? And why?

• Nate Diaz
    • Conor McGregor

Conor's huge right now. If he didn't have the power to KO Diaz before I think the muscle gain will make him even more deadly especially with no physical stress from a big weight cut.

I hope Diaz will win by dragging him down and slapping on a triangle. That would be sick. Highly unlikely but a Cali man can dream.

Nate's a good fighter. But he isn't great. Conor is a great stand up fighter. Nate's in trouble. He couldn't out-strike Thompson.

Exactly + the fact that he is too willing to really fight instead of being smart. If he can drag Conor to the mat, this could be over quickly , but not likely to happen. I expect Conor to run through him in the first round already.

Exactly + the fact that he is too willing to really fight instead of being smart. If he can drag Conor to the mat, this could be over quickly , but not likely to happen. I expect Conor to run through him in the first round already.

I expect Nate to do some Nick vs Silva shit tbh. Hopefully it's a good fight though but I'm rooting for Conor. I like the Diaz brothers the majority of the time, but at the same time there's moments where they're just buying into their own shit and not really being themselves.

I want to see Conor eventually fight the best of the best. When he beats RDA I think he will go up to WW for Lawler - if Lawler is the champ.

• Upvote 1

Frankie isn't too happy with the way Dana handled things.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/frankie-edgar-mad-dana-white-conor-mcgregor-fight-ufc-196-nate-diaz-rafael-dos-anjos-022516

he brings up a lot of really solid points in that article, the best being that they said "we don't want you to fight at 155" for years but then they want me to fight Conor at 155 on 10 days notice.

Nate's a good fighter. But he isn't great. Conor is a great stand up fighter. Nate's in trouble. He couldn't out-strike Thompson.

But that was the only time in Nate has been TKO

Nate has a great chin Thompson landed a great high kick that would have dropped almost anybody I think Conor might win this one but I don't think he will KO or TKO Nate it could happen but up till now only one time in 28 fights has that happen to Nate

• Upvote 1

Nate got fucked up by Benson, RDA, and Josh Thompson. Standing. If he boxes with Conor he's getting flattened imo. If he does some crazy ninja Nick Diaz jiujiutsu shit he might get by.

Here's my prediction... Conor beats Nate, fucks him up, then he fights Nick.

Nick will beat Conor that's a bad fight for him no way Conor wins that fight

but still only Thompson got the TKO the others won by points

Frankie isn't too happy with the way Dana handled things.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/frankie-edgar-mad-dana-white-conor-mcgregor-fight-ufc-196-nate-diaz-rafael-dos-anjos-022516

he brings up a lot of really solid points in that article, the best being that they said "we don't want you to fight at 155" for years but then they want me to fight Conor at 155 on 10 days notice.

Another point Frankie made was that even if he had accepted the fight he probably wasn't going to get it. It happened to him at UFC 189 and I'm sure the same would have happened here to. In fact Faber was offered the fight first and accepted before he got swept aside for Nate instead. It seems like Nate was the first option no matter what. I don't think Frankie was very far off on Dana's intentions, he probably wanted to make Frankie look bad and to be able to tell him off when Frankie asked for his well deserved title shot.

Nick will beat Conor that's a bad fight for him no way Conor wins that fight

but still only Thompson got the TKO the others won by points

Disagree unless Nick can get him to the ground or clinch him up and keep his back against the cage - which he can - but I can definitely see him trying to strike with him and getting eaten up by kicks. I think McGregor has the tool set to beat Nick and Lawler. His striking is pretty damn good. Good enough to out strike these guys to a decision if he utilizes his kicks. Condit imo would win, he's very smart, tall, and uses his range well.. and a durable chin. But for some reason I feel like Conor could really sneak a UD in that fight vs Robbie if he doesn't get ktfo by a Lawler bomb or get lured into a slugfest with him.

best fights I recall of Nate's were Cerrone and Gomi. Gomi didn't kick and Cowboy gassed in the 1st minute.

Disagree unless Nick can get him to the ground or clinch him up and keep his back against the cage - which he can - but I can definitely see him trying to strike with him and getting eaten up by kicks. I think McGregor has the tool set to beat Nick and Lawler. His striking is pretty damn good. Good enough to out strike these guys to a decision if he utilizes his kicks. Condit imo would win, he's very smart, tall, and uses his range well.. and a durable chin. But for some reason I feel like Conor could really sneak a UD in that fight vs Robbie if he doesn't get ktfo by a Lawler bomb or get lured into a slugfest with him.

best fights I recall of Nate's were Cerrone and Gomi. Gomi didn't kick and Cowboy gassed in the 1st minute.

Condit would be a bad matchup for sure so would Rory MacDonald I think

Man I just think nick would be far to much for Conor.

Conor is very hittable Nick wins that fight on the feet or the ground.

Condit would be a bad matchup for sure so would Rory MacDonald I think

Man I just think nick would be far to much for Conor.

Conor is very hittable Nick wins that fight on the feet or the ground.

Yeah I think Rory is an awful match for him too (if he ever recovers from that nose lol) as is Tyron Woodley or any other massive WW with wrestling ability. Lawler would stand and bang though, so it gives Conor a chance to use his quickness to maybe be on the right side of a close decision.

I think Conor has a pretty good shot against any striker WW and under. Not saying he'd win all the fights, not even close, but it's a possibility in a stand up fight. He's quick and he hits hard. A lot of the time that's all it takes. Size don't really play a factor against you outside of reach and grappling, so if all of his opponents were striking oriented or paid to stay standing, I think it'd be competitive.

That said, I think he's very prone to getting L&P'd Clay Guida vs Pettis style, or heelhooked like Silva vs Ryo Chonnan.

Nick's a one dimensional boxer though. If Nick don't tie him up and it turns into a kickboxing match, I don't see him winning. I haven't been impressed with him since the Daley fight tbh, and even then he got tagged. Nick's kind of just an antics, show guy now. Doesn't really seem like he truly wants to win the fight. Maybe facing somebody Nate got his ass kicked by would motivate him, but I think he'd get lit up in the striking department. Huge Nick Diaz fan, but I think he's past his prime.

Yeah I think Rory is an awful match for him too (if he ever recovers from that nose lol) as is Tyron Woodley or any other massive WW with wrestling ability. Lawler would stand and bang though, so it gives Conor a chance to use his quickness to maybe be on the right side of a close decision.

I think Conor has a pretty good shot against any striker WW and under. Not saying he'd win all the fights, not even close, but it's a possibility in a stand up fight. He's quick and he hits hard. A lot of the time that's all it takes. Size don't really play a factor against you outside of reach and grappling, so if all of his opponents were striking oriented or paid to stay standing, I think it'd be competitive.

That said, I think he's very prone to getting L&P'd Clay Guida vs Pettis style, or heelhooked like Silva vs Ryo Chonnan.

Nick's a one dimensional boxer though. If Nick don't tie him up and it turns into a kickboxing match, I don't see him winning. I haven't been impressed with him since the Daley fight tbh, and even then he got tagged. Nick's kind of just an antics, show guy now. Doesn't really seem like he truly wants to win the fight. Maybe facing somebody Nate got his ass kicked by would motivate him, but I think he'd get lit up in the striking department. Huge Nick Diaz fan, but I think he's past his prime.

agreed conor stand a chance as long as its standing -- the ol punchers chance -- nick is the lighter version of frank mir (thinking he is pure professional boxer now days) forgetting what made them who they are -- only difference with nick vs conor is i think size and reach would hurt conor -- if nate was too use his reach correctly i think it could hurt but dont think he will -- i think either nate or nick could sub conor if they were to get a takedown but they both have forgotten their ground game period

agreed conor stand a chance as long as its standing -- the ol punchers chance -- nick is the lighter version of frank mir (thinking he is pure professional boxer now days) forgetting what made them who they are -- only difference with nick vs conor is i think size and reach would hurt conor -- if nate was too use his reach correctly i think it could hurt but dont think he will -- i think either nate or nick could sub conor if they were to get a takedown but they both have forgotten their ground game period

Nate shouldn't stay on the outside too long but instead should use dirtyboxing, clinchfighying and drag him to the ground to win this. He can't afford to be too aggressive , mist be patient and smart, something that is unlikely to happen.

I expect Conor to run through him in max two rounds if Diaz doesn't use clinch and ground .

I do like both fighters and the trash-talking at the press conference was fun. If Nate gets beat down tho I dream it turns into a Nick vs Conor thing at one point. Nick is a much better smack-talker(or weirder?) so a Conor/Nick press conference is the dream for me.

I do like both fighters and the trash-talking at the press conference was fun. If Nate gets beat down tho I dream it turns into a Nick vs Conor thing at one point. Nick is a much better smack-talker(or weirder?) so a Conor/Nick press conference is the dream for me.

I'd love to see those two throwdown at the hospital.