The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

so for bjj/boxer , it would be better to significantly a lot points to agility and balance, then work on flexibility with yoga? ( i think i was able to read somewhere that flexibility can get better with yoga )...

That is certainly an option.

In fact I would suggest that is the easier way to develop such a fighter but for him to be effective he is going to need to be at least proficient for him to be affective.

That is certainly an option.

In fact I would suggest that is the easier way to develop such a fighter but for him to be effective he is going to need to be at least proficient for him to be affective.

hmmm, lots of work i see that needs to be done for a boxer/bjj(though i like this the most)....il study on that carefully, but obviously, what you have stated that boxer/wrestler as they seem to be a lot easier to work with....

thanks so much sir cardiff...

hmmm, lots of work i see that needs to be done for a boxer/bjj(though i like this the most)....il study on that carefully, but obviously, what you have stated that boxer/wrestler as they seem to be a lot easier to work with....

thanks so much sir cardiff...

A lot depends on how long you have to train your guy. Regardless of a Boxer/BJJ guy you will need wrestling so if you have time (and money) to do one then go for it. However you expect him to fight and train you could go boxer/wrestler and then add BJJ as you train him up.

A lot depends on how long you have to train your guy. Regardless of a Boxer/BJJ guy you will need wrestling so if you have time (and money) to do one then go for it. However you expect him to fight and train you could go boxer/wrestler and then add BJJ as you train him up.

yes sir, taking note of that...thanks again sir...

Here is my Boxer/BJJ guy:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=14298

I started him at proficient/useless/useless/proficient. I then worked the shit out of his wrestling and takedowns and got them to where they are today. Its a tough build but it can be very lethal if you do it properly. Now, I am working clinchwork, circuits, and some MT training to get him to where I want him to be.

Here is my Boxer/BJJ guy:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=14298

I started him at proficient/useless/useless/proficient. I then worked the shit out of his wrestling and takedowns and got them to where they are today. Its a tough build but it can be very lethal if you do it properly. Now, I am working clinchwork, circuits, and some MT training to get him to where I want him to be.

very nice looking fighter sir, that is what i have in mind in the long run as well, but as i agree with sir cardiff and you sir, it will take a lot of patience...i may have enough patience though,hehe....im really considering that a lot...

very nice looking fighter sir, that is what i have in mind in the long run as well, but as i agree with sir cardiff and you sir, it will take a lot of patience...i may have enough patience though,hehe....im really considering that a lot...

Thanks. He is solid but working on so much wrestling and TDs, I haven't done virtually any CTs, striking defense, or clinch. So I need to work on that now to round him out. Like I said, its a lot of work, but its a damn good build.

hey i noticed in a few pages way back ppl mention SLAM TKO's

what is that?

str Takedown and wrestling??

would be nice for my BJJ guys who are W+Bjj to eb able to get a few of those in the future ;)

also since they would mostly be going for takedowns u know

what is that?

would be nice for my BJJ guys who are W+Bjj to eb able to get a few of those in the future ;)

They are very rare. I would assume high takedowns and high strength would help.

what is that?

I believe it is mainly a co-incidence in the fight engine, often just after a fighter has been rocked and the take down does enough damage to finish the fight. The slam tko is the flavour text that explains the circumstances of the decision however (as usua) Mike is correct that high td and big strength generates the numbers that can end in that finish.

Is this right:

Good Boxing- Punches, Punch Striking Defence

Good Muay Thai- Kicks, Knees, Kick Striking Defence

Good Wrestling- Takedown Offence/Defence, GNP and Overall Striking Defence

Good BJJ- Submissions, Defensive Grappling

boxer - primary boxing, secondaries punches, strike defence take down defence.

MT - dependent on which form - either kicks/punches, strike def, takedown def or clinch, knees/elbows td def, strike def

wrestling - primary wrestling - takedown off, gnp, grappling defence and strike def

bjj - primary bjj - sub grappling, defensive grappling strike def, td off

Is this right:

Good Boxing- Punches, Punch Striking Defence

Good Muay Thai- Kicks, Knees, Kick Striking Defence

Good Wrestling- Takedown Offence/Defence, GNP and Overall Striking Defence

Good BJJ- Submissions, Defensive Grappling

I wish I knew what you were asking bud. I thought I knew what you were saying until you put overall striking defense under wrestling.

Which is better to knock down an opponent?

Combos or Single shots?

Combos *if* they land. That being said they are much less likely to hit. Very hard to say if a guy swinging and mostly missing with combos will get a knockdown ahead of a guy swinging and mostly hitting with singles. Realistically there are just too many factors here: KO power (hidden), Strength, situations, counter vs. aggression... etc...

Much like real life.