The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

Nate Diaz – High level BJJ and shitty boxing…nothing more. As a general rule of thumb, when you build a high level BJJ player, make sure you give them wrestling. Otherwise, they are going to get KOd virtually every time they fight.

Sucks.. I was planning to make a BJ Penn with a reach advantage, won my first three fights.. and now have gone on a five fight losing streak. Turns out I pretty much made a Diaz. Unsure whether to release him or not at the moment, or to instead build up his wrestling more.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the lowest you can have in Boxing and stll knock most fighters out?I'm trying to bulid a koscheck but i'm not sure how to split the points up.

Boxing is probably the easiest stat to build up as you only need two secondaries and it builds up the primary quicker than any other so it is probably worth while concentrating on the wrestling side and then building up the boxing.

What's the lowest you can have in Boxing and stll knock most fighters out?I'm trying to bulid a koscheck but i'm not sure how to split the points up.

Well it depends on your opponent. In the D-leagues, you can KO guys with mediocre or competent boxing if they are a Maia. At the bigger stages, strong is pushing it. Remarkable is more reasonable.

When I first started, I had a Hughes build KO his first 2 opponents with abysmal boxing, KO not TKO...out cold. Those days are over even in the lowest level orgs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey now,

how much bjj and flexibility would you give to a guy who is always looking for a stand up fight. Never follows to the ground. Has no intentions to do anything on the ground. Not even gnp.

Is flexibility important for kicks? Especially kicks to the head.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hey now,

how much bjj and flexibility would you give to a guy who is always looking for a stand up fight. Never follows to the ground. Has no intentions to do anything on the ground. Not even gnp.

Is flexibility important for kicks? Especially kicks to the head.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Flexibility is critical for the effectiveness of the headkick however Agility and balance (for takedown defense) are considered much more important (and rightly in my view).

A fighter who wants to stand needs great wrestling def (with balance) and then may be able to get away with very low bjj/flexibility however it should be pointed out against mid level and higher opposition there would be a very likely situation that you would get submitted.

I'm creating my new Cro Cop. The one thing i can't find are the explanations of hidden fighter attributes.

Knows how to adapt his gameplan -

Comes in with an extensive amateur record -

Has a big heart -

Has a granite chin -

Never gets injured -

Is very self confident -

Doesn't cut easily -

Is a fast learner -

Has natural KO power -

Is a popular fighter -

* (use it as a template)

The first one i would give my guy is KO power. Thats logical. Now the problem. I'm leaning to "is a fast learner" but i'm not sure what that does exactly? Does he improve in training better and faster? Granit chin would also be nice, but a big heart is not a bad thing to have. The first 2 are also interesting. I don't know if i need the first, because my guy is only looking for a stand up fight. There's not much room to adapt to. Comes with an extensive record is a mystery. What does that bring? Experiance?

Do it fast so i don't need to wait a lot :)

These options add 30 points to your hidden attributes.

All fighters have all the hiddens but you will never know if they are good or not. All you know is that the three options you boost means that those three have to be a minimum of 30 points.

What they do

Amateur Record - Starts the game with extra ingame experience. This means that the fighter will be able to adapt the game plan better as they have more knowledge of what to do.

Big Heart - it means that the fighter will not tap easily, will carry on against the odds

Granite Chin - hard to knock out

Never gets injured - less injury time could become more and more effective as the game goes on

Doesn't cut easily - same deal as above

Fast Learner - Gains the most out of every training session

KO power- knock opponent out easier

Popular fighter - gets a big hype boost than the average fighter - this means more opportunities if the fighter does well as there hype level will be through the roof.

For a cro cop, KO power, granite chin would seem to be a must, the third is personnel preference but most would choose fast learner or big heart

Sound logical. I will go for the KO, chin and learner. Seams the best for a 18yo. Heart would be great, but fast learner is the way to go for a kid.

Hiddens depend on luck.

There are so many combinations that can be both good and band, you just have to cross your fingers and hope which gives the game a fantastic random element.

Just made him. Here he is

Micko "Boli Glava" Fliperic

If anyone is looking to sponsor this diamond in the making, please contact me. I will get him to the best gym i can find in Las Vegas, and no fights till he's ready. Can ayone suggest a great gym for stand up skills and some wrestling?

"Boli Glava" means "Head Hurts", but it's not really translatable to english. It's funny in croatian.