The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

Should I cut them all then?

You could always keep the 18 year old. Might be an idea to keep one of your original fighters just for the sentimental value. Anyway, you can always start training him up to be a beast even if right now he's just a Bisping.

What would you say would be a recommended starting age for a Liddell type (looking at a WW Liddell)

22. If you make an 18-year-old, you start him off with wonderful in one primary and then round him out.

Choose starting age based on how soon you plan on fighting (fight soon = 22, long time training = 18), not based on build.

^^^ This for sure.

If you plan on fighting him out of the gate, make him 22. If you plan on training him for an extended period of time, make him 18.

tyvm PSUmike.. ive gone with a chuck liddell type. As soon as i mentioned this was the kind of fighter i made AKA Sprawl and Brawl Boxer... i was contracted immediately! So i must definitely thank you! My first fight is in 2 days. Time too see what my fighter can do.

Good luck bud. If you need any further help, I am usually around here somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

sir can i ask you how to create a wanderlei silva type? i've tried your crocop build,but with knees instead of kicks,with 50pts in clinch.is it ok?

sir can i ask you how to create a wanderlei silva type? i've tried your crocop build,but with knees instead of kicks,with 50pts in clinch.is it ok?

You need more than 50 points in the clinch if you're gonna use it as an offensive weapon.

You need more than 50 points in the clinch if you're gonna use it as an offensive weapon.

Yes. Pretty much everyone now knows that the clinch game was easily exploited because even top managers were neglecting clinch training. Now that everyone knows that you can dominate in the clinch if your opponent has a weak clinch game, you need to go higher. People are training it more. One of my recent builds started with superb clinchwork.

Can someone give me some advice on how to beat this guy

My guy is http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=86751

And his opponent is http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=69966

In my opponents previous fights he seems to only try takedowns almost non stop and once down he has 'dangerous' ground and pound but he also has superb boxing which he doesnt seem to use much. My guy has strong striking defense and wonderful takedowns, submissions but abysmal wrestling and alomst no striking.

I have about 3 weeks to train for this fight. What should i do to beat this guy. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanx.

Yes. Pretty much everyone now knows that the clinch game was easily exploited because even top managers were neglecting clinch training. Now that everyone knows that you can dominate in the clinch if your opponent has a weak clinch game, you need to go higher. People are training it more. One of my recent builds started with superb clinchwork.

I generally start out with wonderful. Keeps me from having to muck around there, and gives me another way of winning.

BJ Penn – This is your boxer/BJJ player mix. This one is a bit tricky and somewhat complicated but very effective if you can pull it off successfully. I like to go with high level punches, striking defense, submissions, and defensive grappling. You can also put some into takedown defense and build up his wrestling in case you fight a Maia. For this one, you’ll need agility and flexibility. Recommended hidden stats: KO power and big heart/granite chin

Layne Staley

Here ya go.

• 3 weeks later...

i made a guy and divided his stats evenly. is this a good idea cuz i can now chose which stats to bring up? or is it easier to make a guy who already has something hes good at?

i made a guy and divided his stats evenly. is this a good idea cuz i can now chose which stats to bring up? or is it easier to make a guy who already has something hes good at?

Honest answer is no, that is not the best plan to make a good fighter.

It is easier to have one dominant stat and then work another up. Normally you would ego with Wrestling + another as this allows you to control where the fight happens.

The reason for this is that stats grow progressively more difficult to reach as you go up the levels so it will take you as long to go from superb (8) to wonderful (10) as it will to go from useless(0) to competent(4)/respectable(5) depending on learning speed.

• 2 weeks later...

My fighter with a josh koscheck kinda of build

Fighter Stats

Boxing - 100

Wrestling - 20

Punches - 109

Strike Def. - 100

Take down Off. - 50

Take down Def - 42

Def Grap - 42

Agility - 74

Speed - 54

Balance -34

Opinions?

My fighter with a josh koscheck kinda of build

Fighter Stats

Opinions?

A couple of things.

One is putting up specifics about your fighters will get you beat, try to suggest at things.

Two, these builds are based on 22 year olds you have more base points but learn slower. In the case of a Kos build it would be something like a 60/60 or 70/70 split between wrestling /boxing.

I know these stats are based on 22 year olds, but could You give me advice on how to build 18 year olds? Thank you very much!

A Quick run down of creating a Young Fighter (18 year old)

- Choose one attacking primary attribute and max out in that, you need to be able to hurt your opponent the most you possible can and the best way to do that is max out a attribute.

- Back up that attribute with the appropriate secondary attributes.

In the case of a boxer - that would be maxing out boxing, punches and strike defense.

- Following this put all your other points into wrestling, either offensive or defensive depending on where you want to keep the fight. Just like in real MMA, if you don't have the wrestling to keep you where you want to fight, your fighter will ultimately never be completely successful.

- This is quite often the best thing to work once you have got through the opening process (see below) as great wrestling is always a great thing to have.

- Physicals are broken down fully in articles here http://issuu.com/cardiffwanderer/docs/musi..._corner_issue_2 and here http://issuu.com/cardiffwanderer/docs/musi..._corner_issue_3

- However, in breaking down how to distribute points.

- Put in 10 to conditioning and 1 in strength. These have specific supplements that make building these much faster than anything else in the game and it gives you far more points to distribute in the creation.

- All other distribution is base don judgement but reading those articles should go a long way to helping them