The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

ok so I totally followed the Chuck type fighter and still lost a decision in QFC. What the heck is going on, every fighter I make is a bum lol

Following the guide is no guarantee to have a world beater, it just puts you on the right route. It is about learning how to use sliders and to get the best out of your guys. With some practice, advice and reading through the chat and forums, you will improve!

Just made him. Here he is

Micko "Boli Glava" Fliperic

If anyone is looking to sponsor this diamond in the making, please contact me. I will get him to the best gym i can find in Las Vegas, and no fights till he's ready. Can ayone suggest a great gym for stand up skills and some wrestling?

"Boli Glava" means "Head Hurts", but it's not really translatable to english. It's funny in croatian.

This is a Michael Bisping IMO.

If you're building a 18 year old, it's a project fighter and will be training a lot before competing for real. Considering this, in my opinion you should put 110 points in 1 primary and then build the rest.

It's way, way, way, way easier to go from Useless to Competent than to Competent to Wonderful! If you don't have a very high primary to begin, it will be hard to get it later.

I've made a wrestler with Remarkable wrestling and I regreted not making him Wonderful!

PSU, do you intend to cover some of the builds one can branch out to after making a fighter based on your guide? I'm working on branching out my guys right now, and it might be interesting to see your take on it.

This is a Michael Bisping IMO.

If you're building a 18 year old, it's a project fighter and will be training a lot before competing for real. Considering this, in my opinion you should put 110 points in 1 primary and then build the rest.

It's way, way, way, way easier to go from Useless to Competent than to Competent to Wonderful! If you don't have a very high primary to begin, it will be hard to get it later.

I've made a wrestler with Remarkable wrestling and I regreted not making him Wonderful!

I agree. You should have made his MT higher imo.

PSU, do you intend to cover some of the builds one can branch out to after making a fighter based on your guide? I'm working on branching out my guys right now, and it might be interesting to see your take on it.

I never thought of it but I think I probably will now. If you have any questions about it, just ask. It will take a while to do a whole write up on where to go from the base style.

I never thought of it but I think I probably will now. If you have any questions about it, just ask. It will take a while to do a whole write up on where to go from the base style.

Thanks man. I've been researching it for a bit, and I'll be more than happy to chime in with my two cents if needed (I'll probably do it anyways, but heh).

I agree. You should have made his MT higher imo.

This is my new boy

Mickey "The Head Kicker" Felipe

I wanted to make one guy with elite MT, head kicks and all that. This will be that guy. I will get his cond. and strength up and then up the wrestling, tdd, def. grap. Then up boxing, and then back to MT to get it to elite. Hehe.

My other 2 guys are more balanced, but this one could be the golden boy. Also he's lighter. Only 220, so he can fight in light heavy too.

If he is your project and you do not plan to fight him anytime soon, then just get cardio up to wonderful and jump into a better gym and start sparring MT and working with MT coaches. You want to use the younger years of your fighter to train primaries and secondaries. Strength gains are not affected by age.

If he is your project and you do not plan to fight him anytime soon, then just get cardio up to wonderful and jump into a better gym and start sparring MT and working with MT coaches. You want to use the younger years of your fighter to train primaries and secondaries. Strength gains are not affected by age.

But shouldn't i get his cardio and strength up first? The reason is because i will need some fights (money) to get into better gym's. Also i was thinking to up his wrestling, tdd and def. grappling after that, so i can fight and win in this early stages of his carrier.

If i leave his mt where it is and up his wrestling, tdd and def. grappling to let say 60, i'm sure i could beat a lot of fighters. The last thing i would train is boxing.

Hey again guys, im a little stuck at training atm

What happens when I get my Strength and Cardio to Wonderful or Exceptional level? what the next step? should i focus now on my strengths now (say im a prof bjj/competent wrestler) should I continue sparring with bjj and wrestling or is it time to add say boxing or MT?

Sparring for me is not a problem but the coaches training.. how can I have decent coaches training that is not overrun by users like 50+ players per session. I understand that you need to improve the primaries and secondaries to have a decent fighter is it not? Or you could have Elite Boxing but like feeble/mediocre punches e.g.

Then again, could I just stick to cardio/str and continue fighting for money? thanks for the answers =)

Hey again guys, im a little stuck at training atm

What happens when I get my Strength and Cardio to Wonderful or Exceptional level? what the next step? should i focus now on my strengths now (say im a prof bjj/competent wrestler) should I continue sparring with bjj and wrestling or is it time to add say boxing or MT?

Sparring for me is not a problem but the coaches training.. how can I have decent coaches training that is not overrun by users like 50+ players per session. I understand that you need to improve the primaries and secondaries to have a decent fighter is it not? Or you could have Elite Boxing but like feeble/mediocre punches e.g.

Then again, could I just stick to cardio/str and continue fighting for money? thanks for the answers =)

Think of primaries and secondaries as two halves of the whole. So a guy with remarkable punching and useless punches (or the other way around) will be the same as someone with competent in both.

Of course this can be used to your advantage in both ways. A primary monster may scare an opponent into being overly defensive while a guy with great secondaries can be massively underrated.

If you have a young fighter i would concentrate on building up there main weapons while a older 22 year old build, it can go either way. You can either look to round them out or make them one dimensional. Both can work if applied properly.

Thanks man. I've been researching it for a bit, and I'll be more than happy to chime in with my two cents if needed (I'll probably do it anyways, but heh).

I have some time today (read as: I don't want to study) and I am going to get started on this. It should be up, if I can collect my thoughts, in a bit.

I have some time today (read as: I don't want to study) and I am going to get started on this. It should be up, if I can collect my thoughts, in a bit.

Awesome. You gonna edit it into the first post?

someone ban this tool migellito, he joined just to spam some money website who we all know is a scam

Totally. At least the Ethiopian princes didn't lie to me.