The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

with a high starting conditioning, you can squeeze in 10-12 training sessions per week right from when you create your fighter.

seems like the way to go for me :)

i use to go that route, but now i go the useless Cond/strength route and train Cond with the 156- 159 cardio sup, and ive gotten guys to respectable in no time at all. the guys i created last week are all about to hit remarkable/wonderful cond in the next couple of sessions.

strength is next while i train other stats with it. but yah, cond with the high supp, you can train up in just a week +

I think everybody when they sign up should be given the link to this topic, told to read it 3 times then create their 4 fighters, luckily I found this after I created my first :smile_anim:

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, its helped me hugely.

Thanks PSUMike for your good tutorial! It's very good stuff for new managers.

But hey guys, what supplements you prefer to use especially when a fighter has a 10 condition and 1 as a strength?

Recovery supplements or stamina supplements? Maybe recovery? Or does it matter?

If you're at all interested in jiu-jitsu, I encourage you to train with Professor Almeida. He is friends with my instructor and teaches at our dojo a few times every year; I always look forward to his visits. He is an awesome instructor -- and that's not something you can say about every high-level jiu-jitsu practitioner. Not only are his skills amazing, but his ability to impart that knowledge on others is superb. His academy is one of the tops in the country and you are lucky to live close to him. Take advantage of it -- jiu-jitsu is not easy but it can be a great experience and you can't go wrong training under Professor Almeida. I've been tempted to enroll in his school -- and I would if it wasn't a 2 1/2 hour drive each way.

... BJJ is not that hard... if you know the anatomy of the human body you can pick it up so quick the rest is just reacting to a situation and conditioning

I've been doing No-Gi BJJ for about 3 months now and I can say that BJJ is hard to learn. The thing is that the number of techniques is incredible and when you start to combine them, it become a real good puzzle.

It is not so hard to understand the fundamental of BJJ, but there is so many little thing that you can improve in your game that you never really finished it.

Thanks PSUMike for your good tutorial! It's very good stuff for new managers.

But hey guys, what supplements you prefer to use especially when a fighter has a 10 condition and 1 as a strength?

Recovery supplements or stamina supplements? Maybe recovery? Or does it matter?

When you are training weights, use a strength supp.

When you are training cardio, use a stamina supp.

When you are training everything else, use a recovery supp.

Mike Check out this new fighter I made using your advice....

Iron Jaw, KO power, fast learner...

18 y'o

6'2 274

Boxing Useless

Muay Thai Useless

Wrestling Wonderful

BJJ Abysmal

Punches Useless

Kicks Useless

Elbows Useless

Knees Useless

Clinchwork Useless

Striking Defense Strong

Ground n Pound Wonderful

Takedown Off Proficient

Takedown Def Useless

Submissions Useless

Defensive Grap Strong

Agility Competent

Flexibility Useless

Speed Wonderful

Strength Useless

Conditioning Abysmal

Balance Useless

I maxed out wrestling at 110, ground and pund at 110 and speed at max.....

He has a fight in 2 weeks against a wonderful wreslter and blue belt. I had no choice but to take the fight, so what you suggest I have him train the next 2 weeks straight? I have him doing strength and yoga now.....

Thanks for all of the info mike... You are the man.

18 y'o

6'2 274

Boxing Useless

Muay Thai Useless

Wrestling Wonderful

BJJ Abysmal

Punches Useless

Kicks Useless

Elbows Useless

Knees Useless

Clinchwork Useless

Striking Defense Strong

Ground n Pound Wonderful

Takedown Off Proficient

Takedown Def Useless

Submissions Useless

Defensive Grap Strong

Agility Competent

Flexibility Useless

Speed Wonderful

Strength Useless

Conditioning Abysmal

Balance Useless

He has a fight in 2 weeks against a wonderful wreslter and blue belt. I had no choice but to take the fight, so what you suggest I have him train the next 2 weeks straight? I have him doing strength and yoga now.....

only 2 weeks? he'll probably lose, but yeah train him on cardio and weights for pretty much the whole two weeks. why are you training strength before cardio? with abysmal conditioning he probably loses like 15% energy in just one session of weights.

only 2 weeks? he'll probably lose, but yeah train him on cardio and weights for pretty much the whole two weeks. why are you training strength before cardio? with abysmal conditioning he probably loses like 15% energy in just one session of weights.

I would've held off on the fighting at least until his conditioning and strenght were up to par...then concentrate on SOME FORM of standup or striking defense so you can survive to get him to the ground lol as of you if you don't get a very quick takedown you will get your block knocked off :)

18 y'o

6'2 274

Boxing Useless

Muay Thai Useless

Wrestling Wonderful

BJJ Abysmal

Punches Useless

Kicks Useless

Elbows Useless

Knees Useless

Clinchwork Useless

Striking Defense Strong

Ground n Pound Wonderful

Takedown Off Proficient

Takedown Def Useless

Submissions Useless

Defensive Grap Strong

Agility Competent

Flexibility Useless

Speed Wonderful

Strength Useless

Conditioning Abysmal

Balance Useless

You missed a very vital detail of building a Rosholt. You gave him useless balance. How is he going to maintain top position once he gets the takedown? You are going to have issues with that.

He has a fight in 2 weeks against a wonderful wreslter and blue belt. I had no choice but to take the fight, so what you suggest I have him train the next 2 weeks straight?
You should not be fighting him for about 2 months. No org owner worth a damn should even be giving you a fight unless you ask for it until week 3-4. He might be an alliance mate and it's a dick move, but I personally recommend visiting Vegas the day of the fight to cause an NC. Your guy is nowhere near ready and won't be ready for awhile. 18 year olds are not made to go. They're projects. 22 year olds are made to go.

so basically it takes about 1-2 months of trianing for a fighter to be pretty "solid" to start a match?

Naah, my four first fighters started fighting right off the bat and they all have good records(6-2, 7-0, 6-2, 6-2) . You can make a solid 22 year old and start fighting right away, it's not optimal but much more fun then just grinding it out. I suggest that if you're a new player, you make at least couple fighters that can start fighting right away. Granted, now days if I make a new fighter I always take the longer road with 10 conditioning and 1 strength.

Naah, my four first fighters started fighting right off the bat and they all have good records(6-2, 7-0, 6-2, 6-2) . You can make a solid 22 year old and start fighting right away, it's not optimal but much more fun then just grinding it out. I suggest that if you're a new player, you make at least couple fighters that can start fighting right away. Granted, now days if I make a new fighter I always take the longer road with 10 conditioning and 1 strength.

yeah i now have fighters with 10 conditioning and 1 strength so I will have to wait a month or two to get these fighters into shape! hahah *cheers to waiting* nothig really else to do when you're grinding

so basically it takes about 1-2 months of trianing for a fighter to be pretty "solid" to start a match?

depends on build

it's pretty easy to make a boxer with good grappling defense.

A versatile muay thai fighter with good jiu-jitsu is a long term project though

What do you guys usually shoot for with physical skills when you make a fighter? Values not necessarily which ones for what type of figther as he already said that.

And at what point in training do you consider your physical skilsl good? ie for a striker when do you say ok my agility is pretty solid now