The New Players Guide to Effective Fighter Building

PSUMike

18 year old fighters learn quicker, even on top of their hidden learning stat.

How big is the gap between the ratings?

I was looking at some raw numbers between my fighters and the difference in pops are about 2-3 training sessions, so the difference isn't that big. I would think that the bonus skills from the age difference outweigh the learning speed difference.

Opinions?

How big is the gap between the ratings?

I was looking at some raw numbers between my fighters and the difference in pops are about 2-3 training sessions, so the difference isn't that big. I would think that the bonus skills from the age difference outweigh the learning speed difference.

Opinions?

You said its about 2-3 sessions but you are forgetting to compound it. So if your 22 year old goes from useless to strong 40 sessions, your 18 year old will do it in 24-32 sessions. That's a hell of a difference. Think of it like that.

How i built Lyoto Machida...wonderful takedown defence wonderful striking defence respectable kicks and punches proficient wrestling and muay thai spread out the physical attributes somewhat even and then do circuit training

the sliders for aggression vs. counter has to be on the counter side if you really want him to be lyoto

the only time i ever lost with lyoto is when he followed someone to the ground after knocking them down

You said its about 2-3 sessions but you are forgetting to compound it. So if your 22 year old goes from useless to strong 40 sessions, your 18 year old will do it in 24-32 sessions. That's a hell of a difference. Think of it like that.

I meant 2-3 total as in 18 year olds take 16 sessions to go from Abysmal to Wonderful and 22 year olds take 19 sessions to go from Abysmal to Wonderful.

I like the Belfort model, high boxing and subs

Belfort doesn't submit people. That style has earned the monicker the "BJ Penn" style...even though I hate BJ. One of my best fighters, Layne Staley, is built from that mold. He doesn't look like it now though since his wrestling has gone from useless-- to respectable.

• 2 weeks later...

The findings from this thread should really be added to the wiki on a link in the new users/create a fighter area.

Its not unfair to help people not waste there time who bother to read the wiki.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a fighter i just made, first one i think i didnt totally screw up(hope i didnt). Is this a good way to go? and where should i build him from here, i was thinking of raising boxing to like 30ish then concentrating on wrestling.

Boxing Useless Punches Respectable Agility Proficient

Muay Thai Proficient Kicks Respectable Flexibility Proficient

Wrestling Useless Elbows Useless Speed Woeful

BJJ Proficient Knees Respectable Strength Useless

Clinchwork Respectable Conditioning Abysmal

Striking Defense Respectable Balance Feeble

Ground n Pound Useless

Takedown Off Useless

Takedown Def Useless

Submissions Respectable

Defensive Grap Respectable

Here's a fighter i just made, first one i think i didnt totally screw up(hope i didnt). Is this a good way to go? and where should i build him from here, i was thinking of raising boxing to like 30ish then concentrating on wrestling.

Boxing Useless

Muay Thai Proficient

Wrestling Useless

BJJ Proficient

Punches Respectable

Kicks Respectable

Elbows Useless

Knees Respectable

Clinchwork Respectable

Striking Defense Respectable

Ground n Pound Useless

Takedown Off Useless

Takedown Def Useless

Submissions Respectable

Defensive Grap Respectable

Agility Proficient

Flexibility Proficient

Speed Woeful

Conditioning Abysmal

Strength Useless

Balance Feeble

I edited it so its easier for me to read and analyze.

Well this is a solid start on an Anderson Silva build. Obviously, conditioning and strength are your first 2 priorities. After that, work on his subs and sub defense. Then go boxing and wrestling/tdd. Not a bad start though.

I edited it so its easier for me to read and analyze.

Well this is a solid start on an Anderson Silva build. Obviously, conditioning and strength are your first 2 priorities. After that, work on his subs and sub defense. Then go boxing and wrestling/tdd. Not a bad start though.

One thing i was wondering, you didnt mention needing speed at all, but does low speed hurt your striking?

Thanks. makes me wish i put a little more into his speed, i hope he can catch up. Thank you for this guide, found it very helpful. My first 2 figthers were pretty spread out.

Thanks. makes me wish i put a little more into his speed, i hope he can catch up. Thank you for this guide, found it very helpful. My first 2 figthers were pretty spread out.

I have a 7-0 Liddell with pretty low speed. He has 6 wins by KO so don't sweat it too much. Agility is more important.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=40313

Hopefully he will turn out to become a cro crop, but I was wondering if I should work on my BJJ or just leave it and work on my wrestling. Then from there on my boxing and then back to Muay Thai. Obviously I wont be doing non stop sparring, but I just need to know which primary skill I should focus on and in which order.

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=40313

Hopefully he will turn out to become a cro crop, but I was wondering if I should work on my BJJ or just leave it and work on my wrestling. Then from there on my boxing and then back to Muay Thai. Obviously I wont be doing non stop sparring, but I just need to know which primary skill I should focus on and in which order.

There is a simple answer that only you know. If you want him to stand and KO people, work on his wrestling and TDD. If you want him to be able to sub people in addition to KOing people, then work his subs and BJJ.