The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Mac.McCarty

really Rampage acts like he is just there for the TV show not to really help the fighters i would not want to be on his team

well he did retire, so he could play in a movie. Not that far fetched really :P

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, lotta Big Country hate going on itt.

Admittedly he didn't look impressive fighting Kimbo, but at the same time, he didn't have to be to win handily. It's unfair to judge him when most people here won;t have seen him fight before TUF.

Also, I just find it hard to hate someone who double-kneebarred Brandon Vera.

Wow, lotta Big Country hate going on itt.

Admittedly he didn't look impressive fighting Kimbo, but at the same time, he didn't have to be to win handily. It's unfair to judge him when most people here won;t have seen him fight before TUF.

Also, I just find it hard to hate someone who double-kneebarred Brandon Vera.

I think the biggest problem people have is his arrogance in celebration after the fight.

I think the biggest problem people have is his arrogance in celebration after the fight.

I think it is that and a lot of people are probably still unfamiliar with him. Roy is a business man's fighter, he knows how to work the sponsors, hence the Burger King statement. Yeah they have their logo plastered huge on the canvas and Mike Rowe says this is "Brought to you by Burger King" but after that they aren't mentioned. Having another person mention it on camera is just another way to plug the sponsors and keep them happy.

I don't understand why people are criticizing the Nelson win. He did pretty much exactly what he needed to win. If your opponent is going to let you crucifix him and punch him in the head until the ref stops the fight...that's the way to fight.

I don't understand why people are criticizing the Nelson win. He did pretty much exactly what he needed to win. If your opponent is going to let you crucifix him and punch him in the head until the ref stops the fight...that's the way to fight.

+1 - was it exciting, no. was it effective and smart to get out unharmed, yes.

He could have plugged Burger King without sounding like a Nob. Doesn't seem to business like to have your potential future boss ragging on you in the confessionals :P

Dana, I love him for what hes done, but his ego gets more and more out of control as the years go on.

His blatant, public favoritism and inability to keep his mouth shut will eventually get old and people will start to demand a little more professionalism from him..but he knows the media and he plays em well, so as long as the ufc keeps growing like it is more power to him I guess!

love kimbo though, a lot of guys would give up after a couple of really high profile one sided losses this early in their careers, but this dude just keeps on going.

• 2 weeks later...

What a sad display this season has been. I swear, my gastank is better than some of these guys. And that's saying a lot - they are supposed to be up-and-coming professional athletes. And technically the last fight was below bar brawl-level, Danas appreciating comment between the rounds made absolutely no sense.

What a sad display this season has been. I swear, my gastank is better than some of these guys. And that's saying a lot - they are supposed to be up-and-coming professional athletes. And technically the last fight was below bar brawl-level, Danas appreciating comment between the rounds made absolutely no sense.

Took the words right outta my mouth...

I hate the attitudes of these fucks. I don't like people grouping up and harassing or picking on someone. These guys should be worrying about their shit, not about who's snitching or who's gonna kill themselves or snap. None of these assholes have any cardio, half of them cannot punch, boxers would be fucking ashamed to watch some of these guys punch. Madsen is a trypical elitist my shit don't stink prick, Mcsweeny is a sniveling prick, Brendan Shwaub is a douchebag, I can't stand that tough guy bullshit Junk pulls, than turtles and gets dropped like 5 times in his fight. The picking on Mitrione thing is not cool or funny, Wes Simms is and always has and will be a joke in mma. Rampage is being a dick, Rashad is a dick, half these guys can't last the first minute, Ive seen maybe 30 seconds of any technique from these bums, Kimbo is the only redeemable member of the cast, well maybe that Wes Shivers, and Big Baby. And Wes lost, Kimbo lost, and Big Baby is starting to act like a dick as well.

Is it just me or does every season progressively get worse to watch? man fuck this show, and its doing the opposite of its purpose and what it used to do, which was help young unnoticed talent get a shot in the UFC, open MMA up to a mainstream audience, and show people that MMA fighters aren't asshole,meathead pricks.. I don't see many of these things happening anymore.

IS it me or did the fight last night just plain out suck. looked like a majority of there punches were no harder than slaps. Seems no one has cardio , just hope these last few fights and the finale are way better. Hope marcus jones wins, not sure about his cardio though, guess ill have to wait and see

Ya, the fights have been pretty bad. These guys have no cardio, its pretty pathetic for "professionals". The cardio on the NFL players is the worst. About picking on mitrione tho, that guy deserves it, he's a total dooche, telling the fights, then all his complaining ow my shoulder. I dont like him at all. I like the one guy though, I forget his name, but the one who's friends with junk IRL, he seems decent enough.

Rashad is cocky, but rampage is a terrible coach and totally mistreats his guys. I feel bad for most of the guys on rampage's team, he's not doing anything to help them at all, at least from the looks of it.

And ya, the show seems all about just $$ and publicity now. The fighters are pretty shitty. I liked when they spent more time showing the guys actually training, and less on this real world drama shit. Just my 2cents.