The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Mac.McCarty

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Roy Nelson gets into the UFC and gets absolutely knocked out 3 times in a row, then we never hear from him again. Or alternatively, Kimbo gets back into the show and knocks him out, either will be sufficient for me.

Did they throw all the treadmills and cardio equipment out of the gym this year? Seriously, I work with a bunch of 50 and 60 year olds who smoke and drink coffe all day that have more in the gas tank than these "professional athletes" And yes I have an amateur wrestling background so i do know how hard it is to go all out for 2 5 minute rounds. (Even though wrestling rounds are 3 mins).

Even the missus said that Wren looked like shit afterwards and that it would probley go to Nelson, thing is though, Wrens 1st round wasn't as good as Nelsons 2nd and as said upstairs, the 3rd would have probley gone the same way.

Regardign the final winner, i want Big Baby to win ATM, you gotta love Rampage and the way he is on camera. I would like to see McSweeney do well as he's english but i have seen him fight before :S

McSweeney seems to be by far the most intelligent of all the fighters, even his advice to Wren was pretty spot on, and he was relentless in his "keep your hands" up shouts during the bout with Nelson and Wren.

Big Baby is for real, that submission still has me in shock, he absolutely powers into them.

A much better fight than the previous ones..at least no one gassed during warm-up. Hehe, I hoped Brendan would win, sympathized with him having to handle a short, stocky wrestler. Those can be a royal pain in the ass if you're tall.

A much better fight than the previous ones..at least no one gassed during warm-up. Hehe, I hoped Brendan would win, sympathized with him having to handle a short, stocky wrestler. Those can be a royal pain in the ass if you're tall.

I thought Brendan fought cheap the whole fight til his one punch....he did nothing but grab and hold the fence, grab and hold madsen's shorts and get dumped on his dome but more power to him for coming back cause he needed that KO or he was done. Madsen didn't seem like he wanted it since he did nothing once he took Schaub down.

I hope Marcus wins and i think he'd take Nelson cause Nelson doesn't have much power it seems and i think Marcus is so much bigger and stronger he can take him to the ground. Matt is a crybaby and i hope Kimbo gets back in cause at least he'll make a fighter exciting and bring in ratings.

The one thing i've noticed though is NOBODY has good conditioning, everybody is completely gassed by the end of the first or mid second so christ, imagine if they actually went the full three rounds...we'd see people passing out mid-round

I hope Marcus wins and i think he'd take Nelson cause Nelson doesn't have much power it seems and i think Marcus is so much bigger and stronger he can take him to the ground.

Problem is that Nelson has a fantastic ground game. Marcus can only hope he is so much stronger it makes up for the difference in skill because, as you said, he probably has to take him down. I guess he could stand and hope to land a lucky strike though.

Problem is that Nelson has a fantastic ground game. Marcus can only hope he is so much stronger it makes up for the difference in skill because, as you said, he probably has to take him down. I guess he could stand and hope to land a lucky strike though.

Marcus has very good BJJ too.

Madsen didn't seem like he wanted it since he did nothing once he took Schaub down.

I think Madsen just isn't a complete fighter. He didn't really work much in his bout with Abe, and in both cases I think it's because he doesn't really know what to do yet.

With only two matches under his belt and no amateur MMA career, he's defnitely one of the greener fighters on the show.

I do think he has a good ground game but I doubt he's close to Nelsons level but I guess we'll see, Nelson has been looking lazy.

I cant wait to Nelson is knocked out, please let it happen.

Confused

Isn't there 2 quarter finals left, then they have to do 2 semi finals before they can do the final on like the 5th December?

I presume it isn't actually the 5th or they wouldnt get it done