The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights

Mac.McCarty

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the show has shown us anything it's probably that while his MMA skills are clearly not developed (and likely never will be due to his age), the guy is hardly a jerk.

I think if the show has shown us anything it's probably that while his MMA skills are clearly not developed (and likely never will be due to his age), the guy is hardly a jerk.

I think if he gets a good few months in a camp that is nothing but wrestling and jiujitsu he could get there. It looks like he picks things up fast and he could possibly have been doing just this since they stopped filming back in August I think...

i will be shit if kimbo comes back in he is just a street fighting dick who dosnt know mma and brock lensner vs kimbo slice-no evan a challange for brock

cleary you either a: haven't watched the show, or b: have a warped perception of reality, because if anything the show has shown that he's NOT a dick, and is actually a pretty cool guy.

I had seen some interviews a while back with Kimbo, he was talking about losing his home to the hurricane, as well as being a football player. I always knew "Kimbo" was his working alias, and that he was a likable guy. I give him props for showing up and giving it his best, and from the looks from the clips he seems to be a good training partner, and good for the morale of the other guys. I agree due to his age I doubt we see a massive up in his ground game.

Yeah, I came into the show thinking Kimbo was just a punk trying to take on the sport and being cocky saying it will be easy and what not. He's just a brawler that's become a fan of the sport and just wants to learn as much as he can, he doesn't think of himself as being one of the greatests and doesn't think he can just breeze through.

I think at 35 you have to question how much he can learn, in 5 years he will be 40 and it takes years of training and fighting to develop the level of experience he'll need to be competitive with the very best (on the floor).

Physically his body will already be in decline, he wont be getting any faster or any stronger, he is past his physical peak. people generally peak between 26 and 29 and tend to decline from there (at various rates) in terms of physicality. However there are always some exceptions to the rule and he is in excellent shape for his age.

I don't mind if Kimbo loses by getting his ass beat, but that was a disgrace of a performance by Roy and he thought he was big shit because of it. I guarantee nobody (besides maybe that tall black dude, forgot his name) would be able to get Roy off of them when he's laying on you and your open arm.

Dude, he called his shot while talking to his team earlier in the episode and did it................... Twice. (Tie him up in a crucifix and even if you don't hit hard eventually the ref will stop it.)

Was this an entertaining fight No

Was this the most honorable technique No

Did "Big ol Belly" win Yes

Thats the point of fighting right?

Well, if one thing's for sure it's that they need to change the rules to stopping the fight if someone clearly can't defend themselves from (DAMAGE) lol seriously. It's the same shit that happened with Kimbo vs Colossus. I guess now days a knock down is clearly a knock out, there are technical submissions, and if you get layed on and love tapped on the hardest part of your head it's a knockout.

Damn.

Yeah, like several others, this show really changed my opinion of Kimbo for the better. By the time the fight rolled around, I was rooting for him.

However, I gotta say that this guy has pretty much no chance to develop the skills necessary to hang in the UFC. Bas Rutten tried to take Kimbo under his wing and turn him into a complete fighter, and Bas ended the relationship because he felt that Kimbo wasn't heeding his advice. Somebody with a ground focus could surely improve his skills a bit, but he's never gonna be a serious threat in any weight class.

It wasn't really how Roy beat him that makes him an ass or pathetic, it's how he acted after the fight. Like Dana said how he acted as if he put on a spectacular performance that we should all be proud of, and calling himself "The King". It's fine to fight to win as he did, perfectly fine. Most people who are saying it's pathetic to fight like Roy did is just probably mad that he was an ass about it. And it does suck to see Kimbo lose like that after finding out how cool/nice of a guy he is.

It wasn't really how Roy beat him that makes him an ass or pathetic, it's how he acted after the fight. Like Dana said how he acted as if he put on a spectacular performance that we should all be proud of, and calling himself "The King". It's fine to fight to win as he did, perfectly fine. Most people who are saying it's pathetic to fight like Roy did is just probably mad that he was an ass about it. And it does suck to see Kimbo lose like that after finding out how cool/nice of a guy he is.

No, I'm saying it's pathetic, because it really is pathetic.

I thought Nelson fought Kimbo intelligently. He tried to trade hands and got rocked, so he took him down. He tried at least one submission, but Kimbo basically handed him the crucifix on a silver platter. He'd have been a retard not to take it. That's MMA.

Acting like he was The King of Kansas afterward was kind of dumb, though. It was a smart, competent win over a brawler that gets him into the next round of the tournament without injury, and nothing more.

I think if he gets a good few months in a camp that is nothing but wrestling and jiujitsu he could get there. It looks like he picks things up fast and he could possibly have been doing just this since they stopped filming back in August I think...

1. He's already been training ground work with Bas and didn't learn shit. He lays flat on his back with his legs open like he wants to get fucked and has no mobility or flexibility in his hips. If you are 35 and incapable of doing things white belts learn during their first week of jiu-jitsu, you are never gonna have any success in mma, let alone in the UFC. His takedown defense wasnt terrible at least, but hardly enough to stop a decent wrestler. Rampage being a so-so coach and a fighter that isnt known for his groundwork doesn't help either.

2. His cardio is below average and he is 35, he isn't going to become an amazing specimen of fitness anytime soon if he hasn't developed good training habits already.

3. His attitude is terrible. Yea he seems humble and he is a nice guy, but anyone who says they are proud of themselves after that last fight, and that that was their best performance ever is to complacent to be successful. If Kimbo wants to live up to half the hype thats been created around him he'll need to ask more of himself. Congrats you woke up today and showed up to do something that most people are not willing to or not capable of doing. Now stop patting yourself on the back and figure out a way to beat someone half way decent. Also stop saying your just a "street fighter" and that this is all new to you, your 3-1 in professional MMA, and you've been around long enough to know what to expect. You shouldn't be playing the "green" card after 2-3 years of professional mma fights and training and a lot of bare knuckle boxing fights.

you people have some serious roy nelson hate. people forget hes actually a good fuckin fighter... IFL wasnt the biggest but its not a joke when you are a champ. Kimbo wasnt cut out for that fight, hes a novice, beginner... doesnt know what hes doing.

if kimbo was supposed to win he would have fuckin won. I dont like roy, hes a cocky bitch, but kimbo is so overhyped it isnt even funny. he let himself get into the crucifix position TWICE! After herb dean saved his ass, only because hes kimbo btw, in the first round he should have never found himself in that position again. he just laid there.

all in all, kimbo is a chump.

Dana is pissed because he took Kimbo, the fan favorite out. He took rampages nr 1 pick out. I would be happy. He was impressive, he said how he would take out Kimbo before the fight and did it.

What I think is really pathetic are the guys here who never saw a ring (or cage) closeby and are talking shit about the fighters.

Marcus looks like he is in some pain but to be able to muscle all of his team around is pretty good and guess what i think the other black guy makes it to the finals

From what i saw in Kimbo's fight Kimbo has no idea what the ground game is about I think most people in this world can lay on there back and get punched in the head...he should go back to the streets where no one else knows what jiu jitsu is cause mma is not for 35 year olds who have never learned anything about ground fighting

From what i saw in Kimbo's fight Kimbo has no idea what the ground game is about I think most people in this world can lay on there back and get punched in the head...he should go back to the streets where no one else knows what jiu jitsu is cause mma is not for 35 year olds who have never learned anything about ground fighting

Nelson is 33 and wessel 31...junk is 30 shivers 32 and marcus jones is 36 whats my point well my point is Kimbo has a future in ufc..those are just the contestants on the show not to mention the over 30 HW in ufc. Kimbo will make UFC on hype alone and the fact that the ratings for his fight with nelson broke a shit load of records for mma. the man is def a money maker. i think with the right coaching he'll be good to go this is episode 3 your judging him from the man has been training since the show ended and will be on the tuf finale i guerentee it.

Dana is pissed because he took Kimbo, the fan favorite out. He took rampages nr 1 pick out. I would be happy. He was impressive, he said how he would take out Kimbo before the fight and did it.

What I think is really pathetic are the guys here who never saw a ring (or cage) closeby and are talking shit about the fighters.

I just thought it was pretty soft that he wanted the ref to stop the fight. Seemed like a bitch move to be honest. Why wouldn't you wanna lay on Kimbo and punch him in the head 40 more times? Even if they were baby girl punches. Then the way acted makes me want to see him get knocked out, so I hope he wins TUF boost his ego and gets to fight Shane Carwin lol