2016-17 NFL Discussion

Losing to GB pretty much eliminated them anyway, I didn't expect this year to be a playoff year at the start but considering our 1st round pick belongs to MIN and not us it was one of the few seasons that where we finished in the standings was kinda meaningless to me. It's pretty obvious from the eye test they're not going anywhere this year even if they had snuck in the playoffs and they wouldn't exactly benefit from finishing 2-14 either so....

• 5 weeks later...

Season Recap:

Colts will be lucky to make the playoffs imho Tennessee is vastly improved, Houston should be around the 8-8 or 9-7 mark, and the Jaguars will compete as well. I think the Colts are gonna have a rough year.

AFC South - Houston Texans - knew Osweiler was a huge waste of a payday but they play in a weak division.

AFC West - Denver Broncos - not too surprised at Denver's lack of success, so much as KC and especially Oaklands success. KC always does good usually, but Oak made the stride TB should of made this year before the injury plague.

AFC East - New England Patriots - easy prediction.

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals - I think I was influenced by a Bengals fan that was staying with me during the season. He hyped them up as super bowl contenders haha. I would of picked the Steelers if Bell wasn't out early.

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Falcons might actually be one of the bigger success story surprises for me this year. Thought for sure they were an 8-8 team at best.
NFC West - Arizona Cardinals - haha. way off.

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys - spot on.

NFC North - Greenbay Packers - safe pick.

Winging it here. I think the Bucs sweep the Falcons and Saints, split it 1-1 with the Panthers.

Patriots vs Cardinals Superbowl

Patriots win it. 35-27

Tom Brady - MVP

JJ Watt - Defensive MVP

Ezekiel Elliot - Offensive Rookie of the Year

Vernon Hargreaves - Defensive Rookie of the Year

Patriots

Broncos
Bengals
Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

----

Cardinals
Bucs
Panthers

Seahawks

Vikings
Cowboys

2 out of 6 correct on NFC playoff predictions. 2 out of 4 NFC champs correctly predicted.

4 out of 6 correct on AFC playoff predictions. 2 out of 4 AFC champs correctly predicted (should of been 3 out of 4 if wasn't under Bengal influence lol)

Correctly predicted NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Tom Brady on the cusp of an MVP - almost correct. 4 game suspension didn't help.

Failed to predict Def Player of the Year or Def Rookie of the Year (Bosa)

We'll sweep the Falcons again. The Bucs are on the up and up. Even if they end up 7-9 or 8-8 they are a really good football team, they have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

Jameis Winston has Hall of Fame potential written all over him. If he stays healthy, he'll likely wear a gold jacket at the end of his career. Let's just hope it's with the Bucs.

Truth. Texans still need a coach though.

I would take that bet. Luck was playing bad before he was injured. Don't think he'll do that much better this season.

----------------------------------

Here are the teams the NFL needs to watch out for in the future for years to come:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Oakland Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Minnesota Vikings

and some wildcards that have potential are

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Vikings, Rams, Titans, Jags don't have for sure things in franchise QBs. They all have the potential, just wouldn't be surprised if they don't last. Vikings are in the gray area with Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think he's got it. Some do. Time will tell with him but he has the potential. I think Goff fizzles out but he has all the tools in place to succeed. The Rams have a young team and solid defense. Mariota is a franchise QB but imho he'll run into injury problems. If he can stay healthy, he could have probowl potential. Not really sold on him yet either, but mainly because the durability and inaccuracy with a deep ball. Bortles had a great year but he's a turnover machine. Playing from behind all the time really helped his stats, but he has the build and mold to be Ben Rothlisberger.

Mariota played good but got hurt. Jags, Vikings, and Rams have question marks at franchise QB. Goff fizzled at best but that team was horrendous. I truly believe if they didn't move out of St. Louis they would of been much more competitive this year. Not playoffs, but few more wins for sure.
Teams I was way wrong about - Cardinals, Bengals, Panthers, Falcons, Jags (seriously didn't think they'd suck that bad)
I was absolutely spot on when it came to Patriots, Bucs*, and a bunch of losing teams lol.
record 9-7. obviously after week 2 and 3 thoughts changed but ultimately they got it together for the most part. We were a few plays away from a 13-3 record (Rams, Raiders, Cowboys, Saints)

Co

lts will be lucky to make the playoffs imho Tennessee is vastly improved, Houston should be around the 8-8 or 9-7 mark, and the Jaguars will compete as well. I think the Colts are gonna have a rough year.

AFC South - Houston Texans

AFC West - Denver Broncos

AFC East - New England Patriots

AFC North - Cincinnati Bengals

NFC South - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West - Arizona Cardinals

NFC East - Dallas Cowboys

NFC North - Greenbay Packers

Winging it here. I think the Bucs sweep the Falcons and Saints, split it 1-1 with the Panthers.

Patriots vs Cardinals Superbowl

Patriots win it. 35-27

Tom Brady - MVP

JJ Watt - Defensive MVP

Ezekiel Elliot - Offensive Rookie of the Year

Vernon Hargreaves - Defensive Rookie of the Year

Patriots

Broncos
Bengals
Steelers

Chiefs

Texans

----

Cardinals
Bucs
Panthers

Seahawks

Vikings
Cowboys

We'll sweep the Falcons again. The Bucs are on the up and up. Even if they end up 7-9 or 8-8 they are a really good football team, they have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year.

Jameis Winston has Hall of Fame potential written all over him. If he stays healthy, he'll likely wear a gold jacket at the end of his career. Let's just hope it's with the Bucs.

Truth. Texans still need a coach though.

I would take that bet. Luck was playing bad before he was injured. Don't think he'll do that much better this season.

----------------------------------

Here are the teams the NFL needs to watch out for in the future for years to come:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Oakland Raiders

Los Angeles Rams

Minnesota Vikings

and some wildcards that have potential are

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

Vikings, Rams, Titans, Jags don't have for sure things in franchise QBs. They all have the potential, just wouldn't be surprised if they don't last. Vikings are in the gray area with Teddy Bridgewater. I don't think he's got it. Some do. Time will tell with him but he has the potential. I think Goff fizzles out but he has all the tools in place to succeed. The Rams have a young team and solid defense. Mariota is a franchise QB but imho he'll run into injury problems. If he can stay healthy, he could have probowl potential. Not really sold on him yet either, but mainly because the durability and inaccuracy with a deep ball. Bortles had a great year but he's a turnover machine. Playing from behind all the time really helped his stats, but he has the build and mold to be Ben Rothlisberger.

Cousins blew the cash when we needed him the most and honestly his numbers are ballooned compared to the success. When you can use you first round pick on a WR who would be damn near 4th on the depth chart behind Desean Jackson, Garcon and Crowder + Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis a TE and no running game to speak of, you should throw for almost 5K yards...

We should not be resigning him for over 20 mil long term or even a tag for 24mil.

with all the games The Bucs barely lost, we could have been 13-3 but we're slowly progressing...

with all the games The Bucs barely lost, we could have been 13-3 but we're slowly progressing...

a lot of those losses were stupid, like Oakland practically handing them the game repetitively for them not to take it. They are progressing and suddenly 620WDAE and fans around here are now happy with Jameis over Mariota. Im not a fan of the Bucs but as a FSU fan i had a feeling his Ben Roethlisberger style where youre left asking "what the hell is he doing" 7 seconds before some weird ass touchdown pass would be more consistent than Mariota who keeps tearing and breaking shit.

Soon he will be on all of these lame ass local Dodge commercials and Derrick Brooks will be a distant memory here... Like Eric Rhett

Falcons have to be the biggest surprise of the season. With our SOS some had us getting 5-6 wins but we finished with one of the greatest offenses of all time. Tied with the Greatest Show on Turf, yet... You still hardly see us talked about unless it's unavoidable because we're not Dallas or New England. Dallas has proved even less than us the past couple decades but if they had our offense they would of been crowned the champions and most exciting team of all time.

Falcons have to be the biggest surprise of the season. With our SOS some had us getting 5-6 wins but we finished with one of the greatest offenses of all time. Tied with the Greatest Show on Turf, yet... You still hardly see us talked about unless it's unavoidable because we're not Dallas or New England. Dallas has proved even less than us the past couple decades but if they had our offense they would of been crowned the champions and most exciting team of all time.

You're right. Here in Chicago, ive seen Dallas play 5-7 times. I've only seen Atlanta games when they switch to fourth quarter check ins after the Bears lost.

These wild card games are pretty unappealing. I'm looking forward to go/ny but the others aren't interesting. The Oakland/Texas game was beyond awful. I'm only watching Detroit/Seattle because I need something to do while I drink.

Hah. I've watched so many games this way, same with MMA fights I didn't care for.

You're right. Here in Chicago, ive seen Dallas play 5-7 times. I've only seen Atlanta games when they switch to fourth quarter check ins after the Bears lost.

"America's Team." Of course this year they are America's Bandwagon team along with the yearly New England bandwagon fans.

It must be nice to be the fan of the best team in the league every year no matter who it is. :D

I would have liked to see Oakland with Carr and not a rookie QB. Sucks for them and the Dolphins but Backups are important to have in these scenario's. Moore may have some more fight in him then oaklands backup but Pitt should have no problems with them. Giants and Green Bay should be a fun game to watch.

There d is good, Ravens one off there Defense two times with shit offenses. Sure Flaccid was somewhat of a good QB but a leader like Ray Lewis brought them that title. With that said Brock Osweiler seems to be a level below event Trent Folder so he could very well give the game away himself. I won't br surprised if Houston pulled the unthinkable upset but I see NE being a mounting to big to concur.Clowney almost makes you forget that JJ Watt was hurt.

Houston vs Dallas in Houston lol. That would be some shit.

• Upvote 1