Wolf and Aaron

MMATycoon

My apologies to the community for the actions of my alliance mates (Wolf and Aaron). This is the first that I have heard of this,.....and i am really embarrassed. I can assure you that this is an isolated circumstance (IF the rest of us would have known about this, it would have become a serious sh!t-storm) I am very thankful that the cancer was so surgically removed. It was almost painless (compared to what it could have been). Over time, the core, that IS Vendetta, will repair and regain its integrity..and we will do so, with pride and without fear. This i swear to you.

Kanis

The main concern now is that they were handicapping thier opponents fighters.

• Upvote 1

The main concern is *if* they were. Very possible but at this point unproven.

It's definitely possible (unless the login they had was set up with very specific security, which I seriously doubt Mike set up as he wasn't expecting them to edit things at all), just a question of if they did it or not.

Only way to find out for sure is if Mike goes backup trawling, a shitty way to spend a couple of days working, but also the only way to get to the bottom of what happened -- even if Wolf and Aaron say they didn't do it, they're unreliable narrators at this point.

I don't really see how this matters, they have already jeopardized the integrity of the game. Anyone who thinks their fighter was affected by those two needs to cut them and build another. They set a lot of people back either through action or causing paranoia. Nobody can really be sure what was going on so if there is a question, then they have to act accordingly and build again.

I doubt this will ever occur again. Lets just move on and try to make the best of a shitty and largely unknown situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, I posted two suggestions in another thread:

1. Mike allows free sack to people who have doubts about their fighters(and had fights vs Wolf or Aaron) and make requests - no VIP days cost;

2. If those people want, Mike could make random re-roll of hiddens to their fighters, which met Wolf or Aaron.

• Upvote 2

It's definitely possible (unless the login they had was set up with very specific security, which I seriously doubt Mike set up as he wasn't expecting them to edit things at all), just a question of if they did it or not.

Only way to find out for sure is if Mike goes backup trawling, a shitty way to spend a couple of days working, but also the only way to get to the bottom of what happened -- even if Wolf and Aaron say they didn't do it, they're unreliable narrators at this point.

I'm aware that it is possible. It is also possible that, just for lols, they crippled new fighters of people they never even spoke to because they didn't like the name. The possibilities, as they say, are endless.

I'm just pointing out the fact that some people are taking things which haven't been proven for granted.

After all this shitstorm, me and a couple guys have been analyzing a lot of things, especially fighters from managers who have been complaining about the possibility that wolf/aaron may have lowered their hiddens.

Fighters who lost to them and went on a "losing streak" afterwards were usually old enough to start declining, while others didnt really show any hints of decline, they were just, and I understand this, being overly paranoid after these events.

My opinion of this is, if they did change any fighters other than their own, it would have been slight improvement of fighters from their alliance mates, and not lowering opponents. Not saying its impossible, its just unlikely.

We keep looking through things and are actively looking into this to make theres nothinf suspicious. We care about the game and know how hard this has been on Mike. The least we can do is stop pressuring him and throw him a little help.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Ive been in touch with mike and all of vendetta want answers. None of us would willingly cheat or want any unfair advantage. If mike finds anything, which he already said he hasnt. Then we will all be reset to pre cheat mode with any altered fighters. Truth is we may never know and the paranoia will remain but mikes busy with more important things right now.

After all this shitstorm, me and a couple guys have been analyzing a lot of things, especially fighters from managers who have been complaining about the possibility that wolf/aaron may have lowered their hiddens.

Fighters who lost to them and went on a "losing streak" afterwards were usually old enough to start declining, while others didnt really show any hints of decline, they were just, and I understand this, being overly paranoid after these events.

My opinion of this is, if they did change any fighters other than their own, it would have been slight improvement of fighters from their alliance mates, and not lowering opponents. Not saying its impossible, its just unlikely.

We keep looking through things and are actively looking into this to make theres nothinf suspicious. We care about the game and know how hard this has been on Mike. The least we can do is stop pressuring him and throw him a little help.

Its already been stated here that they could never actually see their or anyone else's hiddens, all they could do is set them.

Assuming this is correct, how does one make a "slight" improvement on a fighter when they have no idea what the hiddens were to begin with?

Its already been stated here that they could never actually see their or anyone else's hiddens, all they could do is set them.

Assuming this is correct, how does one make a "slight" improvement on a fighter when they have no idea what the hiddens were to begin with?

Same as they do with their own fighters.

• Downvote 1

Same as they do with their own fighters.

It takes a lot more than a "slight" improvement to make Aaron not shit at the game and make Wolf unbeatable. After looking at the hiddens, Mike could tell instantly that they were unnatural. When he looked at the hiddens of the rest of the alliance, nothing was out of other ordinary.

It seems like some people want to argue for some reason or another that alliance members were given a "slight" boost. So slight, they argue that it would not be noticeable to Mike. This contradicts 2 things

• It is well outside their modus operandi
  • It is not technically possible to give a "slight" boost since they would have no frame of reference to what a slight boost is

Why do they argue this? My guess is because it is almost impossible to disprove.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Why do they argue this? My guess is because it is almost impossible to disprove.

Why? Because until we dont know for fact what they did there could be a million this that could have happened doing that 1 year period of time.

If I told you Wolf is good just because he have boosted his fighters you would call me idiot and come up with 100 of excuses why that could not happens and asked why I argue with you but you have to understand the success Vendetta has had last year and I clearly would not call all that coincidence.

And if Aaron could inject game with script that could change fighter stats why you are so sure that he could not get around and see what are the hidden stats on fighters?

• Upvote 1

Yeah the more I read about this, it just seems pretty much impossible that they would alter opponents, and even alter alliance mates, since it would have raised suspicion before this.

First of all, Aaron is not intelligent enough to "tweak" opponents without them noticing. A simple tweak would be quite obvious, and there's currently no fighter that Mike has checked that seemed odd or tampered with.

Like I said above, we analyzed quite a lot of fighters from the paranoid managers who posted in here, and there's none of them who actually seem to have changed pre/post fighting wolf. We saw people being like "I was on a crazy winning streak, then I started losing after fighting wolf.", this has nothing to do with hiddens being changed, that's because you went from fighting cans to facing better opponents.

Despite having the best hiddens/skills in the game, they were still losing fights, so I doubt they would touch anything. So to conclude, the more I read about all this, the more I realize that once wolf's and Aaron's fighters are out of the game, Tycoon will be back to normal, we'll just have to get rid of the paranoia.

• Upvote 7

It takes a lot more than a "slight" improvement to make Aaron not shit at the game and make Wolf unbeatable.

Too bad we will never really know how good they were because they were altering their stats for the past few years.

I think Mike is a clever guy, he will have a close look at the stats of the Vendetta members, including those which recently left in the shit storm, it should become quite obvious which fighters have got "above average" hidden skills.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Too bad we will never really know how good they were because they were altering their stats for the past few years.

I think Mike is a clever guy, he will have a close look at the stats of the Vendetta members, including those which recently left in the shit storm, it should become quite obvious which fighters have got "above average" hidden skills.

This is one of the things I am most disappointed about. Wolf was always a good manager. He had a young roster that is true but he was doing great in the ID orgs and he was starting to move up to the big leagues which is make or break time. It was right around then that he started cheating. Who knows how he would have really done but his trajectory looked good.

Aaron was terrible, that much is uncontroversial.

This is one of the things I am most disappointed about. Wolf was always a good manager. He had a young roster that is true but he was doing great in the ID orgs and he was starting to move up to the big leagues which is make or break time. It was right around then that he started cheating. Who knows how he would have really done but his trajectory looked good.

Aaron was terrible, that much is uncontroversial.

He was doing great in ID organizations because he had his fighter skills boosted :poster_stupid:

That is the difference between ID organizations and legit top 100 fighters for example. With out even boosting stats all these top fighters will have almost all around Elite stats everywhere but in ID organizations thats not the case so its pretty obvious why he was mostly fighting in ID organizations just because when he boosted secondaries and physicals for his fighters he had HUGE advantage on other fighters there.

• Downvote 5

I figured since I have Wolf still added on Skype I would just ask him outright about the whole thing.

I asked him if he or Aaron changed any fighters other than their own to which Wolf replied " i can 100% say we never touched anyones fighters but our own. I know my word means fuck all now but we didnt go that far."

Sure some people will still be paranoid on things, but that's what Wolf is saying on the situation anyway.

• Upvote 1

I thought Wolf said this started in April, how is that "altering stats for the past few years"?

• Upvote 1

I figured since I have Wolf still added on Skype I would just ask him outright about the whole thing.

I asked him if he or Aaron changed any fighters other than their own to which Wolf replied " i can 100% say we never touched anyones fighters but our own. I know my word means fuck all now but we didnt go that far."

Sure some people will still be paranoid on things, but that's what Wolf is saying on the situation anyway.

Was has been totally honest about the whole thing and was honest with Mike when he didn't need to be because Mike didn't have proof. I believe him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5