JUTSU! 32-Man Genin Grand Prix [VIP Prize]

Scooby

Allow me to demonstrate.

Giuseppe destroys Bong, Bong fights some scrub and finally Giuseppe fights the winner of the two scrubs. For the scrub to win the tournament, he will need to beat Giuseppe twice. Giuseppe will only need to win once.

Such is the magic of the losers bracket.

Hopefully my scrub Fugu gets to fight your scrub Amodei again.

• 2 weeks later...

Oenomous Doctore def. Ylermi Fugu via Majority Decision

BJ Penn def. Liam Nelson via Unanimous Decision

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brackets now look like this

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BJ Penn vs Liam Nelson ( H )
Ylermi Fugu vs Oenomaus Doctore ( I )
Andy Nickerson* vs BJ Penn ( J )
Yung Hong Dong vs Oenomaus Doctore ( K )
Winner J vs Winner K ( L )
Bong Ji Woo vs Giuseppe Amodei ( M )
Winner L vs Loser M ( N )
Winner M vs Winner N ( O )
Winner O vs Loser O - In the event of the Loser's Bracket Winner winning Fight N
*Andy Nickerson has since retired therefore BJ Penn will be awarded the forfeit victory in the event JLP decides to keep him retired on his roster*

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the 10 point thing was a huge oversight on my part. Rematch along with the Penn vs Doctore fight has been booked for next week, this time on Whole Fight scoring like it should have been. Rest of the tournament will be in 2 week intervals then while it gets finished up.

Andy Nickerson* vs BJ Penn (J)
Yung Hong Dong vs Oenomaus Doctore ( K )
BJ Penn vs Oenomaus Doctore ( L )
Winner O vs Loser O - In the event of the Loser's Bracket Winner winning Fight N

Yeah the 10 point thing was a huge oversight on my part. Rematch along with the Penn vs Doctore fight has been booked for next week, this time on Whole Fight scoring like it should have been. Rest of the tournament will be in 2 week intervals then while it gets finished up.

Andy Nickerson* vs BJ Penn (J)
Yung Hong Dong vs Oneomaus Doctore ( K )

Losers bracket is for bums. G Wad will be joining them shortly.

So I get to beat gwad 3 times before this thing is over? nice.

Losers bracket is for bums. G Wad will be joining them shortly.

So I get to beat gwad 3 times before this thing is over? nice.

Not a fan of Loser's Bracket personally cos they tend to drag tournaments out horribly. What the situation now basically means is that the loser of Amodei vs Ji Woo will fight the winner of BJ Penn vs Oenomaus Doctore. The winner of that will then fight whoever won the first fight between Amodei vs Ji Woo.

Let's take a hypothetical approach to it. If Ji Woo defeated Amodei in the next round, and Doctore defeated BJ Penn.

Amodei would then fight Doctore. The winner of that fight will then fight Bong Ji Woo. In this hypothetical approach, we'll say that Amodei wins that fight.

Bong Ji Woo vs Giuseppe Amodei would then happen. If Bong Ji Woo wins that fight then, he would be the winner of the tournament. If Giuseppe Amodei won the fight, they would then have another fight which would have the definitive winner following it.

Easy way of approaching it is that you aren't knocked out until you suffer 2 losses pretty much. So whoever wins between Amodei and Ji Woo in next week's fight will have advantage of two lives rather than the one that whoever wins the losers bracket will have. But nah, you don't get to beat him 3 times (Unless you are counting the draw), you'll have the chance to beat him twice potentially.

That entire explanation reminded me of why I don't like Double Elimination :D

BJ Penn vs Giuseppe Amodei ( N )

Bong Ji Woo vs Winner N ( O )

I'll message Scooby with the next round of bookings so hopefully they will be out soon

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So am I going to have the opportunity to smash Karter twice now or what?

I sent Scooby a message saying he needed to resign you and then book you vs Karter on Friday morning after the event. If he doesn't do it by tomorrow morning I'll get onto Mike about putting me on staff at the org again so I can do it

• Upvote 2