amazing quick fight opponent

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if someone's sunken low enough that they're allowed in QFC it's a little bit silly to disqualify them based on number of fights/wins, but I wouldn't oppose setting the hype-threshold a bit lower (50-60? instead of 70-75?).

If you're gonna lock some fighters out of QFC then I think it would be better to base it on # of weeks in the game (1/1.5/2 game years?), since if you're doing this to spare newbs from scary fights you should lock out long term projects as well.

Really though, most of the time someone with a 'scary' record shows up in QFC isn't it because they've only crushed cans so far?

Doesn't have the best stats in the world

Well my 18 year old matches up well on paper but his manager knows what his guy is about, 10 fights down the road from my guy.

But i guess it could tell me plenty about my guy. It's just unusual i guess in fighting that such an experienced fighter would fight a débutant.

Like everybody, i agree that something should be done here:

- forbiding fighters with more than x wins to fight in QFC?

- arrange matchups against a fighter who's been created in the same month? (or with a close ID number ?)

- only arrange matchups between fighters with the same amount of fights?

I used QFC to pad my wins and nearly achieve the 20 wins manager trophy. Probably 6 out of 19 were QFC. Of course, the 20th got a draw ;V At the same time as another dude won. TOO BAD.

Like everybody, i agree that something should be done here:

- forbiding fighters with more than x wins to fight in QFC?

- arrange matchups against a fighter who's been created in the same month? (or with a close ID number ?)

- only arrange matchups between fighters with the same amount of fights?

1) Is a bit silly because there's already the hype threshold, there's not much point in locking out a fighter just because he's beaten a bunch of cans.

2) Could possibly lead to very long waiting times for a matchup

3) See #2. Might as well do a hard lock-out as something that "allows" fighters to fight but will have them waiting weeks for a QFC matchup.

How about a win ratio type deal?

If they are 3-0, 4-1, 5-2 etc or better, they can't QFC? I.e. 3 more wins than losses.

that wont solve the problem of project-fighters from experienced managers competing in QFC though. maybe restrictions as far as skill-points or age (after a fighter has "lived" for a certain amount of time no more QFC) ... or 2 different QFC-leagues .. one restricted so much so that only fresh fighters (virgin vs. virgin ;)) can fight there and one free-for-all league with only the normal hype-restriction.

maybe another more longterm-solution would be to make fighters fight, maybe with something as easy as them losing morale if they sit out for too long.

its tricky for sure, but the goal has got to be to make life easier for new users, no need for them to get eaten up and spit out by the system right away.

that wont solve the problem of project-fighters from experienced managers competing in QFC though. maybe restrictions as far as skill-points or age (after a fighter has "lived" for one game-year no more QFC for example) ... or 2 different QFC-leagues .. one restricted so much so that only fresh fighters can fight there and one free-for-all league.

maybe another more longterm-solution would be to make fighters fight, maybe with something as easy as them losing morale if they sit out for too long.

i like the two differnt leagues

i really like that idea of fighters losing morale when not fighting.maybe its because im new here but i dont really like the whole 'project fighter' thing going on...if we're taking the route of"its just a game" then fine, ok but in the interest of any sort of realism (duno maybe its just me). i feel its just a little silly having a fighter just sit in a gym for 3-5yrs...he might be an elite sparrer (is that even a word) but doesnt make him an elite FIGHTER

it counts for having the skills no doubt but having skills and being a fighter are 2 different things...dont think u can really simulate the experience of being in a fight opposite someone who really wants to take you out in training...thats why you hear these fighters say shit like, "i gained a lot from that loss" and why they say a loss sometimes helps their careers...take someone like machida for instance, u might say oh he came into the octagon with most of the requisite skills but he also had fight/competitive experience from his karate competitions...fedor had his sambo and judo competitions...anderson silva has been fighting for so long..gsp's losses have no doubt made him the fighter he is today...taking an 18 yr old and giving him elite training in real life for 4-5 years will only create a liability.

In real life not everyone starts out with the same amount of "skill points" to be spread out, either. And I don't see how what your saying goes against training project fighters.

Taking an 18 year old fighter and throwing him into the ring with no skills is the real liability. Experience comes over time, no matter when you start, and if you at least have good skills you'll fare better to begin with.

it counts for having the skills no doubt but having skills and being a fighter are 2 different things...dont think u can really simulate the experience of being in a fight opposite someone who really wants to take you out in training...thats why you hear these fighters say shit like, "i gained a lot from that loss" and why they say a loss sometimes helps their careers...take someone like machida for instance, u might say oh he came into the octagon with most of the requisite skills but he also had fight/competitive experience from his karate competitions...fedor had his sambo and judo competitions...anderson silva has been fighting for so long..gsp's losses have no doubt made him the fighter he is today...taking an 18 yr old and giving him elite training in real life for 4-5 years will only create a liability.

Ok, so taking someone who's completely fresh, 0-0 record, and not trained any further than starting stats. And taking someone who has trained for 3 years longer who is also 0-0 you somehow believe the Non-trained guy should have some sort of advantage??

I mean, since we have a hidden attribute that reads "Fighter has Extensive Amatuer Experience", I always just assumed they were getting Amatuer fights in, we just weren't seeing them. Hence the fact some guys start off with high experience.

So you're trying to say that having someone train their ass off before stepping into a fight isn't realistic?

not for years

Frankly IRL anybody training years for a sport b4 competing - this would be uncommon to put it mildly.

Realism is not the only reason, why I think projects that only train for years ( game time ) are mayhaps a bit undesirable for the Game as such.

guess you have never trained then

Your guessing my experience on a two word sentence shows your vastly superior intelligence :suicide_anim:

Name me one sportsman who being 18 or older trains ( for competition ) without entering competition until he is 22 or so.

for Chrissake!!! i never said take a fresh fighter and throw him into the ring...im talking about taking a fighter and turning him into elite/elite/elite/elite with just training and no fighting...all those fighters i mentoned are what would be considered the elite fighters in the world and im sure they could not have gotten there without their fights and probably their losses even...dont jump the gun...its like i said earlier maybe it makes em an elite sparrer (again is this even a word) but not an elite fighter

larry holmes was ali's sparring partner for years before he stepped in the ring.

and before he was a sparring partner he did amateur Boxing - thats competition too.

AFAIK there is no amateur MMA - you always can make some $$.

Taking in an 18 year old and throw him into competition against experienced fighters is propably not the way to go - giving him competitive experience against likeways newcomers ( after a few months of training ) propably is.

As I see it a mmatycoon beginner fighter already has some fighting background ( Amateur Wrestling/Boxing for example ) - otherwise he would have no primaries.

losing and losing can be something completely different.

And if you enter a game, get thrown against something that you absolutely can't win with no possible means is more than frustrating. And I can't blame anybody if he loses interest in such a flawed system. It is like entering a ring with bribed judges and a bribed referee. The whole system works against you.

There is no competition, there is no fight. There is no game, because in a game you would have a small chance of winning.

So fuck this stupid realism discussion and just do it the unrealistic way.

And all the shame and disrespect on those that enjoy taking the wins from new managers in QFC and defend the flaws in the system that some cowards abuse.

Ok, so taking someone who's completely fresh, 0-0 record, and not trained any further than starting stats. And taking someone who has trained for 3 years longer who is also 0-0 you somehow believe the Non-trained guy should have some sort of advantage??

when and how did i say that? im talking about creating super-elite fighters in the gym only without an ounce of experience as opposed to mixing up the training with fight experience

Your guessing my experience on a two word sentence shows your vastly superior intelligence :suicide_anim:

Name me one sportsman who being 18 or older trains ( for competition ) without entering competition until he is 22 or so.

Are you being serious? a lot of people who train MMA are advised not to have there first fight for at least 2 years there are many that have trained Jiu jitsu/judo/karate/boxing/muay thai/kickboxing then since they were kids then transitioned to MMA when it became popular and gyms started opening.

I started boxing when i was 14, I started training in MMA last year. I was supposed to have my first fight in November so that's 9 years training. I didn't fight because i was in a car accident just before it and had to pull out however i will be fighting this year for sure so that 9-10 years training i'm 23 don't think the amount of time i've trained will affect my perfomance atall.

EDIT: @Groundmaster There is no Amatuer MMA? LOLOCAUST!