How to get into Cryptocurrency

MMATycoon

This just showed up in a suggestion on Facebook, I wonder if it's a sign...

d30210849da493a7c3e4f6f0858deed4.png

This just showed up in a suggestion on Facebook, I wonder if it's a sign...

d30210849da493a7c3e4f6f0858deed4.png

It's a sign than you've been on this thread and that ads track your browsing history :D

SP, I read that Mercury won't be out for "a couple of months" according to Vitalik.

https://answers.thenextweb.com/s/vitalik-buterin-13gxQB?fref=gc

But yes, when it comes out, or when it is near to coming out, Eth will probably double.

• Upvote 1

I have been studying Cryto currencies for some time now, in fact i studied them way back when Bitcoin just came out. I think the big turning point was around 2013 when some people started to accept them as a means of buying products or services. In general, i think that most the big players will see exponential growth. This does not necessarily mean it will happen straight away, it could take a few years and i expect serious volatility in that period, BUT, if you are someone who does not understand anything about investment and you simply want to invest in something, i think the average top 10 crypto will give you a better return than the average top 10 in almost any stock market. So simply buy all the top 10 and go on holiday for 3-4 years.

The big news was clearly Japan (3rd largest economy in the world), since they approved Bitcoin and some of the altcoins as currency, they market has basically increased by 4. They only approved crypto currencies as legit currencies in April and look what has already happened. I think other countries will have to accept them as currencies as well pretty soon because Japan will end up benefiting economicaly (especially via online sales), so i think it is a matter of time. They are saying that when the capitalization hits around 4-6 trillion US $, virtually every economy will have to legitimise them because that is too significant to ignore. This could also hit regular currencies eventually because people will likely dillute their currency portfolio's.

Bitcoin forking again in November might slow things down. The tone of news articles will change from positive to negative, which might stop new investors coming in. However, the way BTC went up after the first fork might make people more keen to hold on to their BTC, or pile in for another free coin.

The only annoying thing about it is that it affects alts negatively when people pull out of alts to put it in BTC or USDT.

• Upvote 1

How computer savvy are you? I only glanced quickly at the article, but if what they are saying is that it achieves 240 Mh/s, then I would question the value.

I built a rig recently for around $4,000 USD that is currently mining ethereum at ~276 Mh/s, while also mining SiaCoin at about 10 times that (depending on how I tweak my settings).

I will grant you that my setup is not "enterprise-grade", but given the usable life of technology, that feels expensive. Just my two cents.

How computer savvy are you? I only glanced quickly at the article, but if what they are saying is that it achieves 240 Mh/s, then I would question the value.

I built a rig recently for around $4,000 USD that is currently mining ethereum at ~276 Mh/s, while also mining SiaCoin at about 10 times that (depending on how I tweak my settings).

I will grant you that my setup is not "enterprise-grade", but given the usable life of technology, that feels expensive. Just my two cents.

Further reading into the specs, i really feel like they are targeting folks that do not know much about mining. They are boasting that there are dual xeon cpus and all, but, at least for ethereum/sia, that means next to nothing. The rig I build is running on a celeron I bought for about $40. Maybe I'm missing something though.

For the money your spending i think your just better off buying then to tell you the truth instead of mining .You also have to think of the electricity cost .Unless u live in china or venuala with cheap electricity i doubt u make money on it lucky to break even .

• Upvote 2

Further reading into the specs, i really feel like they are targeting folks that do not know much about mining. They are boasting that there are dual xeon cpus and all, but, at least for ethereum/sia, that means next to nothing. The rig I build is running on a celeron I bought for about $40. Maybe I'm missing something though.

I suppose the CPU is being used to mine Monero, come to think of it.

Thank you for the input

Looks like a money maker to me.There is still money in mining especially with a good rig

Monero - 1000 H/s and it does Zcash both are doing well

When Is IOTA (MIOTA) going to wake up? I love this long term.

IOTA Development Roadmap

I am wondering on other hand when Ripple or BAT is going to break out? Is it possible to inherit these accounts to your kids or grandkids? Because I dont thin it will happen in my life time. :weeping: