Training Changes

From the spoiler/news page, for anyone that hasn't seen it yet. If anyone's been manipulating gym fees by leaving and re-joining gyms, you'll need to rethink your gym finances.

Thats a step in the right direction. Thank you

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the things that could really use a fix in this game (sub spamming, energy having ZERO effect during fights, leg and body kicks being totally pointless, clinch fighting being kind of useless)
The parts in bold are not a problem with the game. I've used both tactics quite effectively. If you aren't seeing results with either, you might be building your fighters incorrectly.

Clinch KO:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=40714

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=26885

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=18536

(3 in a Row, Same Fighter)

Clinch Led To KO:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=15377

(Same Fighter as Above)

Body & Leg Kicks:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=35943 (Notice the energy difference)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=19220

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=40714

You are a complete idiot that tries to be clever with idiotic comparisons that don't match the situation.

If I received soup instead of cake, it would still solve the issue of hunger. None of the additions address the spamming issues. Try again.

Well continue bickering about every single ingame improvement, about every update Mike is creating, because the improvement is not the one you are waiting for.

The big picture is to make the game better. If you can not welcome an actual improvement of a clearly broken system, then it is not my place to teach you to see a greater plan, or a bigger picture..... stay smallminded.

It is too rediculous, I will simply ignore you.

I'm guilty of having my richer fighters paying double at the gym every week.

This was/is my justification: 1) Fees are way too low 2) My manager cut is too low too, without me they would have nothing :)

Not complaining about the change though.

I would have to agree with backelie on #2, any chance we could look at maybe a 20%-25% cut rate, there is more to do at the moment with manager money than fighter money. Especially with the addiction to gambling going on=)

thanks mike for the clarification on the up and comming changes , much appreciated

on other note , somone said along the lines of "we will have to work it out for ourselves??" refering to the new changes ,

do you think for one min. that once somone has worked it out , it wont become common knowlage i predict around four days after lol

on my gym front page amoungst other things i wrote

"spar any five of the eight sessions provided per week"

"train three times coach sessions per week"

" take two rest periods per week"

I will still stick with this for now untill i find out if i HAVE TO change it

at first i didnt like the changes , but after three hours of talking to people who train at my gym last night , we ALL decided what direction we would go for untill xmas

now i like the changes , if not anything , it forced me to get one on one with every manager with fighters in my gym , and we all agreed to stick it out and help each other.

good old male bonding

I can understand if there is a change with joining gyms over and over again, especially pre multi purge. But now that multis are being policed, what exactly is the harm in this? I own an org and I'd like to use some of the money that I make to subsidize a gym for my orgs fighters; a good gym with few members. I wish there was a way that was still possible.

I just hope my guys don't refuse to do boxing sparring, or submission grappling, because most of them have done it over 40 times already. Which is a lot more than what I've trained other stuff. Don't want my fighter bein a dick saying "I don't need to work on that anymore cuz I'm already good enough" and force me to balance him out.

Other than that, I really can't complain anymore. Learn and adapt to the new way of things. I like the idea of my fighter leavin me messages though.

I would have to agree with backelie on #2, any chance we could look at maybe a 20%-25% cut rate, there is more to do at the moment with manager money than fighter money. Especially with the addiction to gambling going on=)

+1 if it happens for sure...

My fighters are rich (kinda) and we need to spend it all :)

GO HIGH AND LOW!

The first part of sparring changes were brought in this morning to catch the people who are just sparring one type of sparring. e.g. If you just sparred boxing every time, that's now been taken care of. The overall sparring has not yet been dealt with and neither have the changes in energy loss / gain. That will be done either today or tomorrow.

It's been counting for about a week. Messages aren't sending out yet so no fighters will be deciding to quit sparring just yet and you'll have to use common sense for a little bit - ie. if you've been doing nothing but boxing sparring for a week, you should probably not do any boxing sparring for a while.

So does the system start counting the number of sparring sessions today or if I've been sparring boxing all week, will I start to immediately be penalized?

Do we already get the message if we sparr too much?

Is the penalty counter starting from today?

Example: we trained all week BJJ, but it only counts from today on.

It's counting the whole week and starts bringing in the penalty from today on.

maybe sit back and relax and find out. i got a guy who did 4 sessions already and is set for 2 more this week...maybe he'll send me a message. work it out, figure it out...spamtrain a guy until he sends u a message and then you'll know the limit. easy as pie...

The negative consequence is a morale drop, or just an effectiveness penalty?

Is the counting for sparring sessions restarted on a weekly basis, like 5 sessions a week, or do you have only like 20 sessions for a month.

Is the counting restarted on a given day. Or is it only counting the last 7-30 days backwards?

Mike has already said he won't release those details. You'll have to figure it out on your own -- or wait for the community at large to do so -- like nearly every other aspect of this game.

Maybe. I'll have a think about it.

I'd like if we would be able to choose our cutrate. Fighters can get morale boosts or morale drops if they agree or disagree with the cut that their managers get.

For instance, a very selfconfident guy will not like his manager to get a 25% cut from his purse, and will have a steady drop in morale.

Also, (although this might take us a bit too far of track) I would quite like the idea of a fighter being able to quit his manager and go to the free market on his own.

Lets say that you give him dirty clothes, gave him a losing streak, train at a dirty/illequiped gym, ...

Fighters do not like that and will try their luck elsewhere.

Although I have no idea how this could be implemented (I know jackshit about code...)

Maybe. I'll have a think about it.

I'd like if we would be able to choose our cutrate. Fighters can get morale boosts or morale drops if they agree or disagree with the cut that their managers get.

For instance, a very selfconfident guy will not like his manager to get a 25% cut from his purse, and will have a steady drop in morale.

Also, (although this might take us a bit too far of track) I would quite like the idea of a fighter being able to quit his manager and go to the free market on his own.

Lets say that you give him dirty clothes, gave him a losing streak, train at a dirty/illequiped gym, ...

Fighters do not like that and will try their luck elsewhere.

Although I have no idea how this could be implemented (I know jackshit about code...)

Good realistic idea but not good for the game, I'd rather not see this happening. Also don't think I got to worry about this happenin either.

And on another note, I feel like a lot of people enjoyed this game because if you just managed fighters and/or a company other then an org you can get on once in awhile, take 10-20 minutes to do your training scheduling for your 4-10 fighters, and not have to spend hours a day to keep up.

I feel like the new training/sparring effects are going to require a lot more computer time, hours, and effort to keep up with. Won't be as slow paced, easy going, casual.. gonna be intense focusing getting carpal tunnel syndrome from staring at this screen trying to figure the new way of things out, and all the new lil details we got. And even when the new way is figured out, it's gonna take at least 10-20 more minutes scheduling training. Oh welllll.... the times where you could be lazy and get away with it are changing. But I do believe a lot of the new non VIP's that end up joinin this game will be a lot more likely and prone to never logging in again on their account once they realize they can't keep up without spending money..... but every online game is like that.

The first part of sparring changes were brought in this morning to catch the people who are just sparring one type of sparring. e.g. If you just sparred boxing every time, that's now been taken care of. The overall sparring has not yet been dealt with and neither have the changes in energy loss / gain. That will be done either today or tomorrow.
Son of a bitch. I was hoping we had at least had the remainder of this week for the changes. I've noticed a difference in energy so kinda weird to see it hasn't been changed.

I;m about 99% sure that just about all the top gyms have used this exploit at one time or another--and others to just keep themselves afloat when times got rough. Obviously though it was a loophole and needed to be fixed at some point so completely understand the change is for the good of the game.

As far as a larger manager cut, I am thrilled it is at least a possible consideration. I think if you're a lower level manager 10% sounds about right, but if you're a top flight manager--well realistically you should recieve a bigger cut since you have a proven track record of creating superstars.

I wouldn't mind seeing coaching fees increased as well as gym fees increased. That way fighters with absurd amounts of money would have something to spend it on, and getting that top notch training would be more difficult to obtain--so when someone actually has an elite trainer it really is a big deal.