EMPIRE (310k+) - Official Forum Thread

Alfred

No buzz about Chris Steve versus Luc Gagnon tonight? Alex K v Ibrahim Camara?

Close fight on paper, but Steve his power will be the deciding factor if Gagnon can not finish Steve in the first 3 rounds I think.

​Steve does damage either way, KO or not. So I see this as Steve his fight to lose.

Empire doesn't really have a media guy =X

Well if you would have talked some smack in person with Gagnon, don't you think Camara would have reacted like a crazy bull..?

​There would have been more attention for this fight for sure, but that's just my humble opinion.

​Not only the org is responsible for hyping up a fight, but also the managers.

Hey kids, its me, manny tosen. We have a real doozy for you tonight as chrissy stevia takes on luc gagnons corpse. Stevia is the size of a chihuahua and hits like my sister. Gagnon was last seen being declared clinically dead after getting repeatedly and clumsily clubbed in the head by a confused and mildly retarded carpenter. Hes being weekend at berniesed for the occasion which i find morally questionable but whatever. Stevia is a little bitch but his opponent has no pulse, and in my experience punching gagnon really hard tends to work out. I guess what im saying is i have the chihuahua by 3rd round tko

• Upvote 1

57506237_1104936126364988_92309984794893

2018120601163620121109215341empobelt.png 2018120601163620121109215341empobelt.png

Reporter: Chris, how does it feel to be once again the #1 P4P fighter in the Tycoon World.

Revenant: What do you mean by again? How did I lose my spot again?

Reporter: You fought a can and Yourmommy didn't.

Revenant: Next question please !

Reporter: Steve ! You brought a dime piece to the ring to celebrate. She looked familiar, doesn't she fight for an up and cumming org in Hilo?

Revenant: Obrigado ! Porra ! Yes indeed, she brazilian like me, dime piece fighter ...... Amanda Nunes !

Reporter: Damn son ! But she looks like this without makeup! How do you do it champ????

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/35/35b6.jpg

Revenant: Bro, Amanda was my secret weapon. She taught me wisdom of .... PREDICTIONS !

Reporter: HO LEE SHIT ! Bro you woke as fuuuuuk!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Winterbottom's Musings

A brief look at each of Empire's divisions and their title pictures

Bantamweight (135lbs)

The title is on the line this weekend as newly crowned champion Kurt Verygood makes his first defence against brief former champion Lito Alcala. Could really go either way here but I fancy Alcala to reclaim the crown.

Outside of these two, the division is really waiting for someone to step up and make a push. Former champ Wamberto Boaz has been hit and miss of late and Yodsawan Sitsongrit has struggled since making the jump from SyFi to higher ID Empire. Iolyn Madog versus Yung Hung Dong looks to be a logical number one contender match up but Madog has had numerous chances at a title at 155lbs & 145lbs already and failed. Could 135lbs be any different?

Flyweight (145lbs)

The featherweight division seems to be in a little bit of disarray. Current champ Diego Escobar needs to get his ass back there as there are about four different fighters that all have a strong case for a title shot currently. Tapani Kansalainen is a two org champion elsewhere who has just arrived at Empire. He meets Daniel Sainty who has generally been something of a journeyman fighter but is currently on a terrific run of four fights with his last win being over David Paddington. Elsewhere, Marcino Sitsongrit takes on Kieran McArthur and while both of these fighters are ranked slightly lower then Kansalainen and Sainty, the winner of the fight would definitely be a legit contender for a title shot.

Lightweight (155lbs)

Undefeated 18-0 Enitan Arendse has only just captured the lightweight title and still awaits his first challenger. Upon further inspection it could be that Diego Escobar has moved up in order to challenge but the most popular fighter in the division Jax Thomas might have something to say about that if he is able to get past former title challenger Verneri Ahma in his next fight.

Overall, 155lbs is pretty stocked but really is still building up contenders at this point. Kongchai Phetboonme looks a decent prospect but he has already lost to Arendse a while ago. In my opinion, CM Yaj has had an incredible run but for a 25 year old, 329k creation, but he surely can’t go much further than this. He actually faces another top prospect in the division, Taine Raharuhi and if he beats him, I’ll give him a 250k tycoon dollars

Welterweight (170lbs)

The welterweight division is still currently working towards crowning a new champion. Technically, the number one fighter in the game, Chris Steve is still the champion there but sources say this is only until the welterweight tournament comes to a head. Right now at the semi-final stages, Avraam Papadopoulos meets Trevor Burrows who pulled off quite the upset when he beat Hairy Scrotum in the first round. Whether he can beat Papadopoulos I’m not sure. Probably not? Then in the other semi-final there is Corban “The Wolf” Storm taking on Marciano “Crusty” Cobb. Cobb stepped up and took advantage of the open door policy at the start of the tournament as one of the lower ranked fighters to enter. He is the former middleweight champion though and while I think Storm takes the fight, he cannot be overlooked.

Outside of the tournament, there aren’t really many fighters currently on a run though with two fights left until a new champion is crowned, there is still plenty of time for someone to emerge. If I had to pick anyone to get there first however I would probably say either Timiko Chen Lo or Polliisi Partio

Middleweight (185lbs)

So it’s official. The number one fighter in the game Chris “The Revenant” Steve is now the middleweight champ and the big question is, who does he fight? After clearing out the welterweight division of any and all challengers, he might just find he has a similar problem here. While there are a few fighters that might be deserving like Nick Graves and Buffalo Marley, neither of those really move the needle. Graves faces Roman Divac next whom he already has a win over a few fights ago and I question whether that would be enough for a shot at the p4p #1 in the game. Marley is on a great run himself but has yet to really be tested against the very best. Perhaps Steve might have to be content to sit on the sidelines and let the winner of Graves/Divac face Marley to determine who the next in line should be? Personally, I would love to see him in a superfight with Syn Champion Russel Tyrone Jones

Honourable mention goes to undefeated up and comer Arron Asham. 323K and 7-0. Asham is already 3-0 since arriving in Empire and guided by a former number one manager, I think he will be one to keep an eye on over the next few months.

Light-Heavyweight (205lbs)

The light-heavyweight division has a similar problem to the middleweight division in that current champion Pekka Toivonen currently stands head and shoulders above the rest, in terms of hype and popularity at least. Toivonen however has never let that get in the way of the title and has admirably given those deserving of shots their due, even when on paper he had far more to lose. Examples of this would be his title defence against probably the least popular challenge ever Mikhail Orlov and now his next challenger Harry Hole. Since arriving at Empire, Hole has gone 4-0 and definitely doesn’t look out of place fighting for the title. In terms of PPV buys though, he isn’t fit to carry Pekka’s jock and should be extremely thankful that his opponent doesn’t have an ego when it comes to the fight game.

With few others really standing out in the division at this point, perhaps Pekka should be lobbying for a big money super fight himself. Considering Toivenen is technically not even a light-heavyweight but a middleweight, perhaps a drop down to 185lbs could be a big money maker for the hard hitting Finn?

Heavyweight (265lbs)

In the heavyweight division, Champion Iain Tower still reigns supreme and will soon be making title defence number six. He faces number one contender More IsMore who is currently on a run of four wins and ranked number eight in the world at 265lbs. Tower will definitely be favourite in this one but whatever the result, the heavyweight division is currently extremely healthy and will have no shortage of hungry title challengers just waiting for their chance. Among that group you would have to include James Perason, Vincent Lemieux and Doug Bell, all of whom are on decent runs currently.

• Upvote 7

• 4 weeks later...

Winterbottom's Musings

nobody cares about other divisions FFS

Welterweight (170lbs)
The welterweight division is still currently working towards crowning a new champion. Technically, the number one fighter in the game, Chris Steve is still the champion there but sources say this is only until the welterweight tournament comes to a head. Right now at the semi-final stages, Avraam Papadopoulos meets Trevor Burrows who pulled off quite the upset when he beat Hairy Scrotum in the first round. Whether he can beat Papadopoulos I’m not sure. Probably not? Then in the other semi-final there is Corban “The Wolf” Storm taking on Marciano “Crusty” Cobb. Cobb stepped up and took advantage of the open door policy at the start of the tournament as one of the lower ranked fighters to enter. He is the former middleweight champion though and while I think Storm takes the fight, he cannot be overlooked.
Outside of the tournament, there aren’t really many fighters currently on a run though with two fights left until a new champion is crowned, there is still plenty of time for someone to emerge. If I had to pick anyone to get there first however I would probably say either Timiko Chen Lo or Polliisi Partio
Middleweight (185lbs)
So it’s official. The number one fighter in the game Chris “The Revenant” Steve is now the middleweight champ and the big question is, who does he fight? After clearing out the welterweight division of any and all challengers, he might just find he has a similar problem here. While there are a few fighters that might be deserving like Nick Graves and Buffalo Marley, neither of those really move the needle. Graves faces Roman Divac next whom he already has a win over a few fights ago and I question whether that would be enough for a shot at the p4p #1 in the game. Marley is on a great run himself but has yet to really be tested against the very best. Perhaps Steve might have to be content to sit on the sidelines and let the winner of Graves/Divac face Marley to determine who the next in line should be? Personally, I would love to see him in a superfight with Syn Champion Russel Tyrone Jones
Honourable mention goes to undefeated up and comer Arron Asham. 323K and 7-0. Asham is already 3-0 since arriving in Empire and guided by a former number one manager, I think he will be one to keep an eye on over the next few months.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15022514001714.jpg vs http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15024564809221.jpg

The Revenant: With 2 fights left on my contract this is a pretty awesome fight :) I got a lot of respect for Camp Arseworth.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12b16.jpg 19-0 Arendse @ 170 after would absolutely break records.

lol it was either gonna happen here or against a maxed out fighter at the TAG TEAM Tourney :)

Whatta crazy streak :)

Such an honour to have Billy Arseworth break it. He once again totally outmaneuvered me.

But Steve will be back, of that we can be certain :)

Some posters from his mad dash:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1541947403tourney_1.2.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1551927082steve.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1544395455UFC-Wallpapers-039.jpg

• Upvote 2

lol it was either gonna happen here or against a maxed out fighter at the TAG TEAM Tourney :)

Whatta crazy streak :)

Such an honour to have Billy Arseworth break it. He once again totally outmaneuvered me.

But Steve will be back, of that we can be certain :)

Some posters from his mad dash:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1541947403tourney_1.2.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1551927082steve.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1544395455UFC-Wallpapers-039.jpg

at least you did it bro don't feel down!