Are people ok with 3 big unrestricted orgs/arena availability

goodtymes31

Easy solution... Add big arena in every city? Or eliminate 92k arenas to get rid of $ printing.

IRL how many 90k arenas have MMA filled? Point made.

First of all, this is not real MMA, secondly, removing all the 90k arena's will cause more issues than it will solve, beginning from the fact that the whole economy is based upon the current status quo.

• Upvote 2

First of all, this is not real MMA, secondly, removing all the 90k arena's will cause more issues than it will solve, beginning from the fact that the whole economy is based upon the current status quo.

. We expect this is the typical response of said money printer.

Let's be real, it wouldn't do shit to the economy. Nada. Zero. Would take years to actually see a difference, if there would even be one.

• Downvote 2

Let's be real, it wouldn't do shit to the economy. Nada. Zero. Would take years to actually see a difference, if there would even be one.

To be fair I would also rather not renegotiate 100 contracts in 1 go to deal with this.

Orgs are built around this current system and having some level of idea on growth path / sustained economy flow. I'm not saying you couldn't change it but considering how invested I am in this an idea like this does worry me a bit and would need to be implemented in more ways than just "remove the venue, problem solved." In order to work well.

Not every org just prints money, or if they are a very good portion of that is being put into the fighters pocket and not the org.

• Upvote 2

Scott answered below about the potential issue, besides it wont solve the initial problem at all, if anything, it makes the problem worse because it means that the guys with all the money will dominate for years because it will be impossible for new org owners to generate the same amount of money with the new setup. Put it this way, there is more potential problems with this, than adding an extra arena or making the Tokyo arena bigger.

• Upvote 6

I'm fine with changing the Tokyo Bowl to 92k. I always liked the fact there were different sizes in different cities but the right side of the map is getting screwed as it is. I'm also keen on reducing the difference in attendance from one day to another. The main reason for that is just to keep interest over the week, as much as anything.

• Upvote 11

I'm fine with changing the Tokyo Bowl to 92k. I always liked the fact there were different sizes in different cities but the right side of the map is getting screwed as it is. I'm also keen on reducing the difference in attendance from one day to another. The main reason for that is just to keep interest over the week, as much as anything.

Might want to consider opening up a second gym-only slot for VIP managers(could be for a price like extra fighters slots). This will help remedy the multi situation currently happening(hopefully).

• Upvote 8

I think both of these would be great moves and would help remedy these issues

Scott answered below about the potential issue, besides it wont solve the initial problem at all, if anything, it makes the problem worse because it means that the guys with all the money will dominate for years because it will be impossible for new org owners to generate the same amount of money with the new setup. Put it this way, there is more potential problems with this, than adding an extra arena or making the Tokyo arena bigger.

How does it not allow new org owners to catch up when the old orgs are so far ahead they have these arenas booked until next year and beyond?

I get that you guys are comfortable in your vanilla system and set in your ways, but in the long run it'd probably be better for the game. Can you make profit in 10-20k arenas running PPV? Those 92k arenas seem like charity events w how many free tickets get past out.

The system could very much be refined and improved.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mentor has been always advocating for/against game changes only fitting his own interest. I skipped reading most of the thread but I am sure he is defending something in his/GAMMA's/LOD's favor.

This whole thread is about how to help other orgs compete against my own org (GAMMA has a Saturday slot booked until April 2020, clearly i have no interest in having yet another arena) and i was the one to suggest the change of the Tokyo arena, so before you comment, maybe you should read first sir.

• Upvote 6

Frankly, i think only one of those is needed. If you make attendances the same, irrelevant on the day, you wont need to alter the Tokyo dome size. Probably the easiest to do, is simply change the Tokyo dome and maybe make Friday attendances the same as the weekend (if that is too much hassle, just alter the Dome, it will be enough to cover the needs of the orgs)

• Upvote 1

Agree with Tokyo Dome to match the big 2 and Friday being 100% as well.

Man things have changed when you see people go out of their way to defend Mentor instead of out of their way to bash him.

Just in case no one reads the news section.

"In order to help even the balance of power across the areas of the map, Tokyo's largest arena has been increased in capacity from 42,000 to 93,607 to match both Wombley Arena in London and the Colossuseum in LA. I have also increased the Redemerarena In Rio from 16,000 to 21,000 and Sydney Superdome from 18,500 to 30,000. Happy record setting!"

• Upvote 6

"In order to help even the balance of power across the areas of the map, Tokyo's largest arena has been increased in capacity from 42,000 to 93,607 to match both Wombley Arena in London and the Colossuseum in LA. I have also increased the Redemerarena In Rio from 16,000 to 21,000 and Sydney Superdome from 18,500 to 30,000. Happy record setting!"

Good stuff.

He needs to get the construction crew that managed to upgrade an Arena overnight to finish his house for him! :whip:

• Upvote 3