Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

4 hours ago, TheBuster said:

Thanks! I meant more he has the best chance of beating Sosa out of anyone who's fought him before. Dilbrandt is a great fighter and I would love to see him challenge Sosa next, that's be a great fight. Glad you enjoyed my preview and thanks for the info.

You'd love to see Dilbrandt challenge Sosa next?  But I thought Dilbrandt wanted a shot at the title?!?  Bwahahahaha!  ?

• Upvote 2

15804971989249.png

Adim "Lights Out" Bulb

"See, now you all know...and Sosa knows...that I am the baddest mofo low down around this town! Mighta taken out my teammate, that royal pain in the ass Pisswater, but I'm a different cat!  I am the baddest mofo lowdown around this town and will remain where I belong, newly installed as your leader in this division boys!  When you have to deal with the kind of shit I deal with back home in the gym with the likes of Pisswater and Saggy and their stupid ass antics it focuses you on what matters!  And what matters is showing Nati that I could get done what he couldn't!"

"Sosa who?"

"Sosa fans, you can send your letters to the local hospice as he nurses his injuries for the next five days.  That is, after they convinced his over-the-hill ass that he had to turn over the belt..."

64d114fe917aea9cba484d1ed8515ab6.png

"So repeat it with me, all you Lights Out disciples out there...let's hear it..."

Bulb: Am I the meanest? 
Bulb's Disciples: Lights Out!
Bulb: Am I the prettiest?
Bulb: Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
Bulb: Well who am I?
Bulb: Who am I?
Bulb: I can't hear you...

Bulb: And who's your Champion...?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Man, I don't even know where to start.  I think I'll be working on the rankings tonight before I break into a review.  A little upset with myself for fudging the numbers and hurting our rating.  But what an event!  Another new champ, more judges that have to go take a refresher course on point awarding (no, not just talking about Sosa fight either).. There's a lot to take in, but before I can really go over how these fights effect things, I need to get these rankings updated.

Unless Bulb wants to run it back and get beat up again, albeit just a bit more decisively, Sosa is gonna take a couple months off and impregnate all of barney's female relatives. Everybody knows Brazilian girls are the easiest.

keep the belt warm bulb. you ain't a champ til you defend it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rambo said:

Unless Bulb wants to run it back and get beat up again, albeit just a bit more decisively, Sosa is gonna take a couple months off and impregnate all of barney's female relatives. Everybody knows Brazilian girls are the easiest.

keep the belt warm bulb. you ain't a champ til you defend it.

What do you mean? You got out struck by a grappler, and no offense to bulb but David Dilbrandt could outstrike that man with his eyes literally closed lmfao.. Sosa I told you on buzz (that nobody pays attention to) that your days are numbered, all you ass holes fighters are too old. This is a young mans game. Now let me get ready for my Championship fight at 135, so I can get ready for my Championship fight at 145, so I can go up to 155 and destroy those pretenders as well!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

You'd love to see Dilbrandt challenge Sosa next?  But I thought Dilbrandt wanted a shot at the title?!?  Bwahahahaha!  ?

I didn't know the outcome of the fight when I said that but also... Yes, I do want to fight Sosa next! I want to end that pretenders career. I could fight Bulb and become double champ after my guy demolishes Sitty Boi but that's the easy fight, no offense, I still think Sosa is the better fighter. Bulb would get hurt trying to fight David. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

Hmm.. Barney got Aids, so you're gonna go hit all his Aidly hoes raw?  good luck with that.  Hit up Hardcore Alchemy for the cheapest, most effective antibiotics in the world!

Please, don't go there. It's not fun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

HFC 64

1614301962HFC%2064.jpg

Event Review

Fight of the Night:

Bulb vs Sosa 

KO of the Night:

Vasil Petrov

Main Card

Adim Bulb      DEF     Marcello Sosa     VIA   Decision (Split) 

Title Fight!  6x defending champ Marcello Sosa put it on the line against Adim Bulb and looks like he may have underestimated his opponent as Sosa, one of the most confident fighters in the HFC, was taken the distance and found himself in unfamiliar territory as he watched his belt being strapped around Adim Bulb.

Nobody expected this fight to go the distance, even Nati Pisswater didn't think Bulb had a chance, but Bulb came through and pulled out the upset victory.  It seems like we have an upset every week now days, and this event did not disappoint.    

I've been very open about not liking decision finishes, just not my preference.  I think when you leave a fight in the hands of the judges, you're flirting with disaster.  Sosa is usually good about this, but he wasn't able to finish Bulb and he paid in the end.  
It's my great honor to say these words...

And NNEEEWWWW!!!  HFC Featherweight Champion of the WORLD!!  Adim "Light's Out!" Bulb!!!

Maxim Jahouli     DEF     Joao Andrade     VIA   Decision (Split)

It's always hard to write up anything on your own fighter, and when it's about a loss, it's even more difficult.  But when it's a loss, via split decision at that.. well, that's just on another level.  But, I cannot take away from this fight.  If it hadn't been for the title fight, this would have won FotN hand down with the highest rated fight and amount of action throughout.  This fight finishes as runner up for FotN.

Not to take anything away from the winner, as Jahouli did his thing and displayed some great striking.  He came out with his gameplan and went to work.  He was the favorite going into this fight for a reason.  

Andrade was the underdog.  He wasn't expected to be able to hang with the former champ.  So when he went the distance, that was a bit of a surprise.  Jahouli has taken out some big names, so just hanging with him for 3 rounds is a statement.          
When looking at the fight stats, however, you see this fight was about as close as it gets.   Jahouli dominated the first round, but appeared that Andrade got the better of the final two. 

From range, Andrade was more accurate landing 10 of 15 strikes to Jahouli's 19 of 39, but Jahouli was the more aggressive fighter.  In the clinch, Andrade landed 53 of 97 strikes to Jahouli's 43 of 106. 

Total scoring strikes for Andrade: 63 (+2 Clinch)

Total Scoring strikes for Jahouli: 62 (+1 Clinch)

In a scoring system for total fight, this may have been a reversed decision.  But absolutely one of the closest fights you'll ever see.  And as Andrade's manager, even though I am not a fan of back to back fights against the same fighter, I am very interested in a potential rematch of this fight, possibly even for 5 rounds.  Time will tell...
Gorgon Patriot     DEF     Pinero Chai     VIA   Decision (Unanimous)

Patriot is back into championship form and he proved that with a dominate decision victory over contender Pinero Chai.  Each of the three judges scored the bout 30:27 for Patriot.   

A little clinching in the first two rounds, but as the fight went on just became a battle of back and forth jabs, crosses, hooks and upper cuts.  About the only interesting thing in this fight was the cut that Patriot opened up on Chai and targeted throughout the fight.  But even with that, he wasn't able to finish the fight.  But it made for a colorful display.

Vasil Petrov     DEF     Malcolm King     VIA   KO (Punch)

Well hello Petrov!  Welcome to the HFC!  Many have seen or faced Petrov before as many of our fighters were once on the Madness roster and fought along side Petrov back when he was managed by Jake Fury.  But since that time, he's spent his time over at GDL.  Finally, he makes his HFC debut and he did not disappoint.  

This card was loaded with decision victories and a couple of finishes, but this finish took the cake.  About as quick as you'll see at this level, only 18 seconds into the fight, were were screaming "Ooohhhh WOW!  He's out!  It's aaaallll over!!"

Now I don't know if Petrov was swinging for the fences or just managed to land a great shot in his first throw, but the first one that landed rocked King, and Petrov didn't waste time finishing him off only seconds later.  This fight was a hands down winner for KO of the Night.

Under Card

Snake Duanesboy     DEF     Elijah Judah     VIA   Decision (Unanimous)
Rukter Demenok     DEF     Rikiya Goromaru     VIA   Decision (Unanimous)
Rhondon Rousey     DEF     Dylan Elkins     VIA   TKO (Strikes)
Frank Lucas     DEF     Stefan Muller     VIA   Decision (Unanimous)
Chip Nickel     DEF     Dante Black     VIA   Decision (Unanimous)
Liam Walker     DEF     Michael Dunn     VIA   KO (Punch)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

No offenses intended.  Just thought it was quite a silly comment to make by Mr. Karter, being as his claim would make that a suicide run. lol

No harm taken.

unknown.png

Good Luck GIF - Good Luck Girl - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Only 14 days?

HpIaR8j.gif

Major man up accepting on such short notice, Billy. Good luck

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2